Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 09:32 AM
  #20611  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
I have an idea for sweat shops...air conditioning. Problem solved
-Mitch Hedberg
Man I love me some mitch.
lowroad is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 09:33 AM
  #20612  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (86)
 
gawith0413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 2,681
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
Best bet is to go to the track and see what the fast guys are running . Each track is different .
Very true, I was just wanting a starting out tune. Thanks
gawith0413 is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 09:36 AM
  #20613  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bondonutz View Post
To bad





Excellent point, since my comment offends some, it's a better choice anyway. I surely wouldn't want to get in trouble/banned for saying SWEAT SHOP and LOSI in the same sentence on a PUBLIC forum when it's only a opinion. Slander, Meh.
It's not about being offended. It's about you being ignorant and making false stements for no reason. Come on man, losi doesn't operate like that. I'm all for making fun of anything, and I mean anything, but you're just being dumb.
lowroad is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 09:40 AM
  #20614  
Tech Master
iTrader: (48)
 
Bondonutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St. Pete FL.
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
It's not about being offended. It's about you being ignorant and making false stements for no reason. Come on man, losi doesn't operate like that. I'm all for making fun of anything, and I mean anything, but you're just being dumb.
Looks like we each have opinions then doesn't it ?
Bondonutz is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 09:41 AM
  #20615  
Tech Adept
 
stevepowling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Barrie, ON
Posts: 194
Default

20,000 + posts and about 1,000 are useful.

Keep it to the PM's for crying out loud, most of us come to get info not watch sally's throwing purses.
stevepowling is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 09:43 AM
  #20616  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
chucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hell
Posts: 1,316
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin View Post
Can someone pm me a list of shims needed for the difs/pinion and whatever else I may need to shim. Thanks for the help guys.
Losa 4452 is the part number to shim the diffs.
they are 14 X 7 X 0.10 mm.
go on the bearing's between the plastics and dogs. hope this helps.
chucko is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 09:45 AM
  #20617  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
BashemSmashem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,647
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
It's not about being offended. It's about you being ignorant and making false stements for no reason. Come on man, losi doesn't operate like that. I'm all for making fun of anything, and I mean anything, but you're just being dumb.
And for someone that seems too badmouth Losi a lot he sure owns quite a few of their cars ? I say go run Assoc , HPI , Kyosho or any of the other brands if Losi is so bad . Do you really think the other RC companies produce their cars and treat their employees differently ?
BashemSmashem is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 09:47 AM
  #20618  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (21)
 
MarkA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 9,161
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Last two things I'll say about Chinese manufacturing in this thread and it's not even QA or directly Losi related...

One person's sweatshop is another's dream job and second, everyone interested in the issue on a more macro scale should read Wired's excellent look at Apple's Chinese manufacturing situation as it relates to the people who work there.
MarkA is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 09:47 AM
  #20619  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Hey Casper,I have the new chassis and my truck ran its fastest laps ever last Fri. Al tho it was flyin my crew chief LoL Said it looked like it was pushing in the front.I do notice you are running the stock front brace and not the milled one?Would this give less push for this chassis?It`s outside dirt at Pegs! Thanx!
The plastic will give a little more flex to the front and this may help some for a track like peg. I have not run the alum front brace to give a personal prespective on it. What setup you running for diffs and tires? A slight push is not a bad thing. It may not give the fastest lap times but you tend to put in much more consistant times which give better overall race times. The "crew chief" may say it looks like it has a little push but what does the "driver" think? Also if you put in your fastest lap time ever maybe the car is setup for you driving sytle as well.
Casper is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 10:01 AM
  #20620  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The plastic will give a little more flex to the front and this may help some for a track like peg. I have not run the alum front brace to give a personal prespective on it. What setup you running for diffs and tires? A slight push is not a bad thing. It may not give the fastest lap times but you tend to put in much more consistant times which give better overall race times. The "crew chief" may say it looks like it has a little push but what does the "driver" think? Also if you put in your fastest lap time ever maybe the car is setup for you driving sytle as well.
The other thing to try will be the torque rod as those will arrive shortly at the hobby stores. It will give a bit mroe steering as it will allow less flex in the rear end.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 10:16 AM
  #20621  
Tech Master
iTrader: (48)
 
Bondonutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St. Pete FL.
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
And for someone that seems too badmouth Losi a lot he sure owns quite a few of their cars ? I say go run Assoc , HPI , Kyosho or any of the other brands if Losi is so bad . Do you really think the other RC companies produce their cars and treat their employees differently ?
Again, it's my opinion.
Losi has had a lot of isses with this truck, despite it's awesome charateristics the flaws can't be over looked and are qetting quit tiresome IMO.
You and others have the option of the "ignore feature " ?
Bondonutz is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 10:16 AM
  #20622  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,985
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The plastic will give a little more flex to the front and this may help some for a track like peg. I have not run the alum front brace to give a personal prespective on it. What setup you running for diffs and tires? A slight push is not a bad thing. It may not give the fastest lap times but you tend to put in much more consistant times which give better overall race times. The "crew chief" may say it looks like it has a little push but what does the "driver" think? Also if you put in your fastest lap time ever maybe the car is setup for you driving sytle as well.
Running 7-5-3 and AKA Gridirons soft.The driver thinks the truck is set up perfect LOL The biggest thing I noticed with the new chassis was how well it transitions from one surface to the next,very flowing!There is a bump section that runs into a tight right hander and then slight up hill thru bumps into a tight left, quick right,and I never really could flow thru that section untill now!I am running the ae sc8 rod on the rear for now(the blue matches the shocks)and will be looking at the torque rod for 2nd truck!Thanx for your guys replys
BmainStar is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 10:43 AM
  #20623  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
BashemSmashem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,647
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bondonutz View Post
Again, it's my opinion.
Losi has had a lot of isses with this truck, despite it's awesome charateristics the flaws can't be over looked and are qetting quit tiresome IMO.
You and others have the option of the "ignore feature " ?
When people come and give their "opinions" over and over it also gets quite tiresome . Like I said if Losi is so bad then go run one of the other trucks , they are all solid platforms and have no design/material issues at all
BashemSmashem is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
  #20624  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
D.a.v.e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South East, Michigan
Posts: 467
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I would say the serrated nuts are one of the top upgrades. Its a great peace of mind upgrade and not too expensive.
I bought the Traxxas ones last night got twice the number that losi provides for half the price.. Will have to see if they last .25 as long
D.a.v.e is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 11:02 AM
  #20625  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Running 7-5-3 and AKA Gridirons soft.The driver thinks the truck is set up perfect LOL The biggest thing I noticed with the new chassis was how well it transitions from one surface to the next,very flowing!There is a bump section that runs into a tight right hander and then slight up hill thru bumps into a tight left, quick right,and I never really could flow thru that section untill now!I am running the ae sc8 rod on the rear for now(the blue matches the shocks)and will be looking at the torque rod for 2nd truck!Thanx for your guys replys
If the driver is happy then I would not change a thing. If you want to try more steering then try 5 in the front diff.

For your next set of tires you should think about enduro's. Ran those at the last JBRL after trying gridirons and loved the enduro's!
Casper is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.