Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpcardoza
can somebody post corey's set up sheet again please. I saved the first one but its blank. Don't have the patience to go through and find it again.
Darren
go to the 22 build tips thread that is a sticky towards the top of the electric offroad page, there you will find it.

has anyone ran the casey peck setup yet and how did you like it?? i have that setup on my buggy currently and will hit the outdoor track with it for the first time this weekend. it sounds perfect for my track as its a little rough and loose.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elas
More droop. I'm interested in getting more droop in the front. Has anyone removed the limiters in the front shocks? I believe I've read on here that it's not recommended.

I've also read about unscrewing the front shock bottoms two turns.

advice?
Removing the limiters and/or unscrewing the front shock eyelets will both add droop to the front. More front droop = more rear traction ON-throttle (not off). You can run as much front droop as you want. But i would NOT run so much that when the arms are in full droop, the steering catches on the arms, which will happen with 0 limiters. I haven't needed front droop at my track, so I haven't tested going to a 1mm limiter, which might work fine, and if so, would probably be as much droop as you can run without the steering binding.

Originally Posted by Eli
For the rear you can un-thread it two turns.
for the front i would stick to the 2mm under the piston any less and it seems to make the car harder to drive. When i first built the kit i forgot to put any shims in the front shocks so ive tried it both ways
You can unthread as many turns as you want, increasing droop. There is no magic behind "2". Unscrew too much, and you lose strength between the shaft and eyelet, so be careful there. More front droop adds rear traction ON-throttle.. which simply adds some push coming out of a corner. It doesn't mean "harder to drive"... it means "drives differently"... so if the person's car is currently OVER-steering coming out of a corner, more front droop will tame that out, making the car EASIER to drive.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

A caution on droop up front- Too much and you will have difficulty acheiving the proper ride height. The springs can only deal with so much travel.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

2 turns on the shock end equals about 1mm. Make sure you use your calipers to double check it all though
Old 06-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpcardoza
can somebody post corey's set up sheet again please. I saved the first one but its blank. Don't have the patience to go through and find it again.
Darren

Should be on the TLR site soon bud... As of right now its on petitrc.com
Old 06-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Running different things on this car has been great. I started with the Evans set up and ran it pretty much everywhere but it was the small adjustments that seemed to make the car come alive for my driving style. I see people asking for different set up's and my thought is rather than starting completely over play with one particular end of the car and see if the changes help or hurt. Some of the changes I made were money and I can't wait to try them at different tracks.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have put it off long enough....I retired the XXX and picked up a 22 yesterday. The build went very smoothly and all I have to say is I can't wait to run this thing! What an awesome design and this buggy looks tough as nails. Going to start with the kit setup (rear motor) and see how it does at the local track which is high grip, indoor running on dremeled slicks. I am curious to try the mid motor setup on this type of surface, but I have heard that those that do have to put a lot of weight in the rear of the car....
Old 06-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jw_rooster
I have put it off long enough....I retired the XXX and picked up a 22 yesterday. The build went very smoothly and all I have to say is I can't wait to run this thing! What an awesome design and this buggy looks tough as nails. Going to start with the kit setup (rear motor) and see how it does at the local track which is high grip, indoor running on dremeled slicks. I am curious to try the mid motor setup on this type of surface, but I have heard that those that do have to put a lot of weight in the rear of the car....
Rooster... i can explain it more in person (hit me up on monday at the track), but it has more to do with the type of traction, than the level of traction, when figuring out what surface the mid motor starts to excel on. Even at our track, which I could argue is maybe thee highest traction off road clay track EVER.... isn't enough to give the edge to mid motor. HowEVER... you said you like a car that feels looser.. and mid motor might be the trick for you on our track.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Rooster... i can explain it more in person (hit me up on monday at the track), but it has more to do with the type of traction, than the level of traction, when figuring out what surface the mid motor starts to excel on. Even at our track, which I could argue is maybe thee highest traction off road clay track EVER.... isn't enough to give the edge to mid motor. HowEVER... you said you like a car that feels looser.. and mid motor might be the trick for you on our track.
sounds good....I will try to make it out there for Monday night racing and we can rap about it. I do like a looser feeling car....I'm reminded of the classic Days of Thunder line "Loose is fast and on the edge of out of control" I am just dying to turn some laps with this new buggy.....
Old 06-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default Shock Cap Quality

How do I e-mail TLR to inform them of the poor quality of the kit shock caps?
The replacement ones I purchased are a 100 times better, I would like to send the kit caps back to them for inspection. I don't want anything, just thought they might want some samples that they could show to their suppliers.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by durtbag
How do I e-mail TLR to inform them of the poor quality of the kit shock caps?
The replacement ones I purchased are a 100 times better, I would like to send the kit caps back to them for inspection. I don't want anything, just thought they might want some samples that they could show to their suppliers.
Some of the first kits had shock caps that some could be bad, meaning the threads had too much taken off them and they would strip. We are aware of the issue and fixed it moving forward from the first batch. So, no need to send them back, but if you call Losi, we'll send you more new ones.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monty c
go to the 22 build tips thread that is a sticky towards the top of the electric offroad page, there you will find it.

has anyone ran the casey peck setup yet and how did you like it?? i have that setup on my buggy currently and will hit the outdoor track with it for the first time this weekend. it sounds perfect for my track as its a little rough and loose.
where is casey pecks setup posted?
Old 06-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeremey
where is casey pecks setup posted?
It's in the 22 sticky on the front page.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Kids I am kinda partial to Hi-tec servos,does anyone have a opinion on which Hi-tec to run in my buggy? Thanx!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

working on a buddies car trying to figure out...what parts do you guys use to make the graphite battery strap hold down???? does someone make a kit or are they parts taken from somewhere else?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.