Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC8Be Thread >

Team Associated RC8Be Thread

Team Associated RC8Be Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 04:12 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robzzz
I am thinking of getting a new rc8be and have a few questions that I couldnt find out through searching. What are the battery max dimensions? I gather 143 is the max length a battery that can be used but what about the width and height?

Also, I have heard conflicting reports on what comes prebuilt in the kit. Do the shocks and diffs come prebuilt?

Thanks...
The shocks come prebuilt. Just add oil. The diffs come pre-built, but I suggest rebuilding them yourself. (you will need to add the diff fluid). All of the tie-rods come prebuilt (which need zero adjustment) including the one for the steering servo.

Associated did a good job on saving people headaches on this kit for the most part.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
No, I was saying it really scrapes hard on the 35 footer. In general though if I land on the down hills it rarely bottoms completely. Doesn't really matter they are pretty cheap & I recommend them. I had a used chassis and the very tail end was ground up to 1/2 it's thickness lol. I replaced it and started using these and never had another problem. Not a big deal. In general I'd day if your grinding that bad your setup a bit to soft IMO. I know softer handles better but I like the big air and my esc living thru it. Also use double layer of Parma under the esc and 2 zip ties to be safe, the rx8's aren't cheap! I also use Velcro on my batts and tray then strap them in.
I have some 3M, thin, very sticky double sided tape under my ESC. Is this too thin? Do I need something really plush to take a hit?
Old 02-22-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It's like a full time job trying to keep up with this thread. Not sure the wife or boss appreciate it.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am thinking of getting a new rc8be and have a few questions that I couldnt find out through searching. What are the battery max dimensions? I gather 143 is the max length a battery that can be used but what about the width and height?
The width, measured at the front of the tray where it don't "flex", is 54 mm. That is the absolute widest point. The height is almost "endless" as you use velcro straps.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Today I should get some stuff in the mail... yay!

Integy still hasn't shipped my brace out!!

I should get my sr300 rx, the motor should have shipped, and hopefully my mmm arrives tomorrow!

Oh... I forgot my lhs order came in...

White wing, caliber tires, and the mmm case for the one with a broken fan!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Also, I have heard conflicting reports on what comes prebuilt in the kit. Do the shocks and diffs come prebuilt?

Thanks...
I measured the battery tray a few pages back. And the height isn't limitless. You still need to fit the shell on the car. And a Gens Ace hard pack only fits on it's side under the shell.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/8484551-post1119.html
Old 02-22-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GreggW
I measured the battery tray a few pages back

your using the wrong side of the calipers to measure interior length
Old 02-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
your using the wrong side of the calipers to measure interior length
Yeah, it was like 2am. It's right on the edge though for sure. I was just duplicating the measurements already quoted from the factory.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

ya i know just messin with ya...
Old 02-22-2011, 05:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
Integy still hasn't shipped my brace out!!
They're probably trying to do you a favor.

Originally Posted by Sarinexia
I have some 3M, thin, very sticky double sided tape under my ESC. Is this too thin? Do I need something really plush to take a hit?
I use Kyosho Zeal tape. Awesome stuff, but a tad expensive. I've also been advised that two layers of Parma tape works well. I have some of the Parma tape, and it's not nearly as thick as the Zeal tape, but it is cushy.

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Thanks guys, getting a good vibe so far. Why LRP? They make the smoothest escs period. Had very bad luck with tekin but I've read 1900kv for 8th buggy is where its at. And I've read good things on the motors from tekin but I will never run their speedos. Just personal preference. If lrp made a lower kv motor I'd get that too but the t8 will do. Ok so 4s it is. What C rating do you guys suggest? Was looking at some protek packs at 50c.
Welcome Tony! I logged off early last night, and I see the thread (as usual) has moved quite a bit from last night!

I'd go for the Gens Ace battery from HobbyPartz (or whatever it's called). Less than $70, and it seems to be a very good battery. I have a few, and so far so good. You can't beat the price. IIRC, they are 40C rated. All my batteries are 40C, and I haven't had any issues. I have yet to race with them, though.

As for Tekin, I do see many issues with them. Fortunately for me, mine has been pretty solid. All of the CC products I've used (MMP and MMM) have been rock solid as well. I never gave LRP any real consideration. What kinds of features do they have?

Also, someone asked about shocks (sorry I forget who), and as already noted, they come pre-build, but it's a good time to install the tapered pistons. That's what I did. Fortunately, AE used nuts on the shock shafts instead of e-clips, so you don't have to remove the shaft from the shock body to install the pistons.

One last thing, did everyone's kit come with black rear springs or silver? I bought a set of silver rear springs, and they look exactly like the springs that came with my kit. I don't have a spring tester that will tell me the spring rate of springs this soft, and since I'm still waiting on my scales, I don't have a good way to verify.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I measured the battery tray a few pages back. And the height isn't limitless. You still need to fit the shell on the car. And a Gens Ace hard pack only fits on it's side under the shell.

Exactly. The Gens Ace battery is probably the tallest battery you can fit. It's so close that you can't run the wiring on top of the battery as it'll hit the body.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

I went a head and bought both spring kits for the car (front and rear). I currently run the stiffest (4.xx) spring upfront with 37.5 wt fluid, and medium (3.70) springs in the rear with 27.5 wt fluid. No complaints so far and our track has quite a few doubles and triples...

Originally Posted by 117
They're probably trying to do you a favor.

I use Kyosho Zeal tape. Awesome stuff, but a tad expensive. I've also been advised that two layers of Parma tape works well. I have some of the Parma tape, and it's not nearly as thick as the Zeal tape, but it is cushy.

Welcome Tony! I logged off early last night, and I see the thread (as usual) has moved quite a bit from last night!

I'd go for the Gens Ace battery from HobbyPartz (or whatever it's called). Less than $70, and it seems to be a very good battery. I have a few, and so far so good. You can't beat the price. IIRC, they are 40C rated. All my batteries are 40C, and I haven't had any issues. I have yet to race with them, though.

As for Tekin, I do see many issues with them. Fortunately for me, mine has been pretty solid. All of the CC products I've used (MMP and MMM) have been rock solid as well. I never gave LRP any real consideration. What kinds of features do they have?

Also, someone asked about shocks (sorry I forget who), and as already noted, they come pre-build, but it's a good time to install the tapered pistons. That's what I did. Fortunately, AE used nuts on the shock shafts instead of e-clips, so you don't have to remove the shaft from the shock body to install the pistons.

One last thing, did everyone's kit come with black rear springs or silver? I bought a set of silver rear springs, and they look exactly like the springs that came with my kit. I don't have a spring tester that will tell me the spring rate of springs this soft, and since I'm still waiting on my scales, I don't have a good way to verify.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

And agaragabhi, when you order directly from Integy, it even says on the site, it's like 10 days before they ship it. When I was going to order those hubs, I added them to the cart on like 24 Jan, they weren't gonna ship until lile 6 Feb.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

And agaragabhi, when you order directly from Integy, it even says on the site, it's like 10 days before they ship it. When I was going to order those hubs, I added them to the cart on like 24 Jan, they weren't gonna ship until lile 6 Feb.
They emailed me saying the warehouse was having issues lol
Old 02-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Also finally got intouch with the tekin motor guy... Said he would ship it today, hope it gets here before Sunday

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.