Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Another thing worth trying is maybe stiffen up the front springs. Some use the TD dark green. I am using yokomo pink right now. That may be where your getting some push if too much weight shifts to that outside front tire ... just a thought.

I also don't think it "needs" the shorty mod. It just "needs" a little more weight in the rear. I had my car running well with the same setup you have. I pushed my ESC as far back as it would go. I did the mod just to see the difference.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:54 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I also don't think its an absolute need, however, is there a benefit, yes.

I think though you are on the right path with your changes.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

I agree. It will come together eventually. What's interesting is that this car gives you so many options. I could see someone getting this as their first car and getting lost with all the options. That's why I was searching for a good base setup for the car.

I usually get a base setup done, practice A LOT with that setup and become very familiar with how the car behaves. Then when I go to a new track, I can start with that setup and make changes to it based on what's happening. With this particular car it's just been more difficult than usual to get that base setup. Oh god I wonder if it's going to be like this for my DESC210 and DEST210........hopefully much will carry over. Not that spending hours at the track on a nice day is a bad thing or anything....lol
Old 10-25-2016, 01:54 PM
Tech Legend

I say you should be able to grab some good setups off of petitrc to get you going on the other cars. I was tempted recently to pick up 3 of the desc210s for like $250 with parts, tires, etc. recently.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anybody tried fitting non-TD titanium turnbuckles on a DEX210? the TD ones are just too expensive, 30US for only 2. I tried with the yz-2 and b5m but they are too long. They do fit at the back of the car but way too long for steering and front.

thanks
Old 10-25-2016, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Buy the replacement kit turnbuckles, I'm using them and they are fine. About as cheap as you can go and gaurenteed fit.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

OK, heading back out tomorrow morning to try this car again. This time I'll have my tires with me. Running the posted setup, MM3. The changes are replaced the rear shock 3/1.6 with 40w to 2/1.7 with 35w. Not relevant but I added a tooth to the pinion for 81/28 with the 10.5. Also bumped the timing up 5 degrees to 35. Ride height is a verified 20mm rear, 19mm front. I'm taking a Tekin 13.5 powered RC10 World's Car with me as the baseline test mule. I'm pretty quick with that car but all my mm's are a solid 4.30 per lap faster than that car so the DEX should be as well. We shall see. I know on Monday I was turning faster laps with my ORCA 8.5 powered SC10.2 FT, but much of that may have been tires. JCon 3DS when right work phenomenal. But when they are the wrong choice have zero side bite. So fingers crossed that I've at least solved one issue, proper pack in the rear shocks. I'll report where I'm at once I run some laps on different tires. :->
Old 10-25-2016, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
I say you should be able to grab some good setups off of petitrc to get you going on the other cars. I was tempted recently to pick up 3 of the desc210s for like $250 with parts, tires, etc. recently.
I missed this on my earlier 20 page long post... Man that's a good deal! I haven't run mine yet but it seems to have all the ingredients to be an awesome MM truck. I don't see it as being sunless modern than my SC5M. Un freaking real that it's discontinued. 2wd SC is popular almost everywhere I've seen. Stuff like that's doesn't bode well for the company's future. When choosing a company to support as my alternate racing program, I really wanted one that had all classes covered. While discontinued, parts support for the two trucks is pretty good so I'm giving it a run. But with the current happenings and shortage of important stuff like DEST bodies, im questioning my decision. Team C is looking pretty good right about now. We'll see how things turn out over the 2017 season. There may be an entire fleet of Team Durango vehicles hitting the auction block come next December.......
Old 10-25-2016, 07:29 PM
Tech Legend

yeah it can be tough. But, there are deals to be had based on that.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Team C has their own issues. Their cars are great but their parts support makes Durango look awesome in comparison.

I'm really considering going AE or Xray for the remainder of the indoor season. I really like Xray's new buggy and ST, but I can get AE parts pretty much anywhere and they're relatively cheap.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan_r
Buy the replacement kit turnbuckles, I'm using them and they are fine. About as cheap as you can go and gaurenteed fit.
Thanks for the answer, I do have the kit turnbuckles (even an spare one) but wanted to use titanium to lose weight.

Has anybody else found any alternatives?

cheers
Old 10-25-2016, 10:21 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asalas
Has anybody tried fitting non-TD titanium turnbuckles on a DEX210? the TD ones are just too expensive, 30US for only 2. I tried with the yz-2 and b5m but they are too long. They do fit at the back of the car but way too long for steering and front.

thanks
I've used Lunsford ones one before, search for their 'Punisher' series and find the length you want, they allow you to use the kit ballcups.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the answer, I do have the kit turnbuckles (even an spare one) but wanted to use titanium to lose weight.

Has anybody else found any alternatives?

cheers
Cheap and titanium are generally not found in the same sentence unfortunately. Another option is to measure the lengths you need and then go through all the discontinued kits on ae's website, like the B3's and B4's. See if any of the blue Associated ones will work for you. Remember, they don't have to be exact, just within 5mm or so.

Zeek: yeah Team C is one of those obscure brands here that you NEVER see. Their webpage is a hodgepodge mix of stuff that looks to be from 2012. But digging deeper they actually have like six different 2wd buggies. A RM with various levels of trim, Mm and a center motor car that they say works everywhere. Throw in a couple different 2wd SCT, a stadium truck and an older but wicked looking 4wd SCT and buggy....anyway, as you were saying you thought about trying AE. The web presence, car kits, Reedy, forum presence, track presence, customer service, parts and accessories; it's all so good, available and reliable that it's...........boring? Lol...Everything just works. Out of the box setups can easily put you in the top five at any given club race if you can drive. Even their old cars are fast. Ive been working on a complete Team Associated collection for a long time, I run all of them, and I can bust out an RC10B3 Sport and lay down scary lap times with it. Then something breaks and I can get on Amazon and have it tomorrow....for a 20 year old car!

Team Durango, Team C ect, they are much more obscure and require a level of dedication to run them because parts and support is not really out there by comparison. For me, that challenge is part of the fun and I enjoy it immensely. It's just frustrating at times because it almost seems TD doesn't really care about the people that keep them in business or the image they have. A guy on td's Facebook page made a really good point the other day. He was talking about the DEST body availability and said that the DEST body identifies it as a Durango truck. He's right. Yeah I can make a Finisher body fit, but then it looks like everything else. The slightly boxy, huge hood scoop DEST210 body is very unique, why wouldn't they want to keep their customers trucks running for a while after they bought them? Anyway, this turned into a rant. I guess we'll just have to see where it all goes.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah, its kinda fun to run something different from everyone else. I often get the "what is that", especially when I run my trucks.

If Durango had better customer support and actually communicated with their fans, I might feel different but I'm ready for something else, even if it is a bit boring.

Any idea if the titanium turnbuckles for the B4/B5 would work? JConcept's Fin sets are relatively cheap.

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/rc10b4...turnbuckle-set
Old 10-25-2016, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

thanks
The problem you are going to have with non-TD ones is the design of the turnbuckles. TD have longer thread areas with deeper holes which allow the turnbuckle to be adjusted for many different positions. If you have your turnbuckle in the position your going to keep it in, then you could measure the length of turnbuckle needed that doesn't go too deep into the ball cups. Find your length and order a 3mm Lunsford one or SMC carries some as well. I hope I explained that so you understand.
Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.