Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by blankenj99
The trucks use 15mm hex wheels, the buggies are 14mm...
Dammit I hate when that happens....lol

Oh well, it didn't do it before I corrected the multi axle, would have seen the scuffing the other night when I had it apart. Something changed, just got to figure out what.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Alan_r
Dammit I hate when that happens....lol

Oh well, it didn't do it before I corrected the multi axle, would have seen the scuffing the other night when I had it apart. Something changed, just got to figure out what.

OK, looking at this thing it's pretty obvious that hex was grinding into the outer bearing because the axle was not protruding from the hub far enough to give it clearance when the nut is tightened down. Wow that was a long sentence. Anyway, when I reinstalled the new Multi-axle outer hub, I reinstalled the two small, my caliper says .02, shims on to the axle before inserting it into the hub carrier. This may be why it's only now hitting the bearing, and only on the passenger side.

Stuff like this smacks of a small company that didn't have 2001.5 eyes look at everything before they put it to market. I think I'd I remove the shims, it will enable the axle to move out a teeny tiny bit, preventing it from hitting the hex.

With you guys recommending the alloy hexes, which are $16 from Durango, what is failing with the plastic hexes? I'm running mostly FT alloy hexes on my AE cars but only because I like look of the blue when it's sitting with the wheels off on my stand. The only plastic hex I've ever had fail was on a grossly overpowered 4wd SCT, and even then, it was due to the wheel nut loosening, allowing play which resulted in it rounding a bit. Is the Durango plastic inherently weak or something? I'm just curious because I pulled the upgraded TD hexes off both my DEST and DESC restorations, re-installing the plastic hexes. I've still got them and being that they won't fit the DEX (thanks blankenj99), I can reinstall them if needed.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'm looking for a 210f either used or new.
Does any one know where I can find one.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CRFRCBODIES
Just a few of many.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/team-dur...roducts/397488

https://www.frontlinehobbies.com.au/...f-Road%20Buggy

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/Team-Durango-DE...397?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/Team-Durango-1-...079?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/Team-Durango-1-...228?nav=SEARCH
Old 10-28-2016, 07:39 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

for the hexes at least the 12mm size is what I heard of failures. They are pretty thin.

Now, you are using the 14mm hexes in that case from what I recall, I think you will be fine.

someone posted on the offical dex210F thread a link that basically has the vehicle being sold for $219 USD.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:46 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRFRCBODIES
I have a 210F that is almost like new. I bought it used and never ran it as I got sponsored to run a different car but it is very clean if interested. I paid $250 for the car and parts.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What are you guys doing for replacement bearings? Just order a set from Avid or something?
Old 10-31-2016, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
What are you guys doing for replacement bearings? Just order a set from Avid or something?
I pick up the ACER Ceramic kits whenever I need to replace the bearings on "important " tier one cars and trucks. Don't know why other than they just last forever it seems. I blast them with electronic spray in my bearing cleaner, blow them out and soak in synthetic bearing oil overnight. Shake em off, wipe em down and good to go for another 6 months or so. But I've got the mentality of buy quality once instead of cheap many times for true value. Your mileage may vary. These things are a horrible investment no matter how you look at it so might as well do what makes ya happy.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:57 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
In general them or I will give ebay a look and see what deals there are for bearing sets for the size I need. I forget the name but the bearings have a blue seal as seen on ebay and they have worked well in high load areas on my 1/8 durango vehicles when I had them and were pretty cheap.

but in general I love the options Avid has for bearings.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
In general them or I will give ebay a look and see what deals there are for bearing sets for the size I need. I forget the name but the bearings have a blue seal as seen on ebay and they have worked well in high load areas on my 1/8 durango vehicles when I had them and were pretty cheap.

but in general I love the options Avid has for bearings.
I personally think with bearings, like many many other things in the hobby; if you stay with a well known brand you'll be fine. Doubt any are better than the other when it comes down to it. Like me, most people just recommend what they run. I guess what I meant to say was that I buy the bearing kits, so I have spares of the various sizes rather than one at a time as they fail. At times, on certain vehicles, I keep extra rear hub bearings, as they seem to fail more often.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I run avid bearing on my rides. $1 a bearing is hard to beat. I ran my 1/8 ebuggy for a year now on the same set without issues and cost me $22 vs. the $107 I was been charged for a set of BOCA.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been using fast eddys on multiple cars with good results. They are a pretty cheap option.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

I wonder what who Team Durango sourced their bearings from? Are the factory replacements hard to find?
Old 11-01-2016, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan_r
I wonder what who Team Durango sourced their bearings from? Are the factory replacements hard to find?
No, they're just pricey. I haven't been real impressed with the original bearings in the kits either. I've had better luck with the ones from Avid and even from Fast Eddy.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:34 AM
Tech Legend

fast eddys sound familar I bet some of the bearings I have are from that.

Yeah durango bearings aren't something for the price I would call higher quality than what you can get other places. Other companies though aren't exactly world beaters in the bearing department either. For the variety of brands I have used, I have pretty much gotten better usage out of Avid bearings other than say Xray touring cars I have had.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.