Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wilson Picaldy
I see, thanks for the fast response
No problem
Old 04-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anyone run the Xerun 150a & Xerun 2000kv sensored motor combo in a 8th scale truggy? What temps are you seeing?

I'm dealing with motor temp issues on my Jammin X2 CRT truggy that I converted to brushless. Spur is a 48t. I tried a 15t, then a 17t and down to a 16t pinion. No matter what, at the end of a full battery run (low voltage cut-off kicks in at just about the same time) the esc also flashes over-temp for the motor. I installed an on-board temp monitor that saves the max temp seen and am getting about 150degf.

I've been thinking of switching to a Tekin truggy motor, either a 2000kv or a 2250kv.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drummin89
Anyone run the Xerun 150a & Xerun 2000kv sensored motor combo in a 8th scale truggy? What temps are you seeing?

I'm dealing with motor temp issues on my Jammin X2 CRT truggy that I converted to brushless. Spur is a 48t. I tried a 15t, then a 17t and down to a 16t pinion. No matter what, at the end of a full battery run (low voltage cut-off kicks in at just about the same time) the esc also flashes over-temp for the motor. I installed an on-board temp monitor that saves the max temp seen and am getting about 150degf.

I've been thinking of switching to a Tekin truggy motor, either a 2000kv or a 2250kv.
+1 I am interested in the 150A combo for truggy. I love the 80A combo in my Ve8. Also, does anyone know of a reputable dealer that has the 150A combo is in stock? Thanks.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What timing should I run for the Xerun 150a and 2000kv sensored setup? I tried running higher than the default and was dealing with heat issues. I was only running 18.75 but was getting over 150degf temps in my truggy.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by drummin89
What timing should I run for the Xerun 150a and 2000kv sensored setup? I tried running higher than the default and was dealing with heat issues. I was only running 18.75 but was getting over 150degf temps in my truggy.
I run at 9 only, the higher the timing the faster n more heat. If I want higher speed I rather increase the pinion.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i wonder if any of you could help me out with gearing.

i just built my first 1/8, a rc8be. i ordered a xerun 150amp with the 2250kv sensored motor.

any idea where i should start with gearing? it's got the stock (46t i think) spur.

tia
Old 04-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by kaiser
i wonder if any of you could help me out with gearing.

i just built my first 1/8, a rc8be. i ordered a xerun 150amp with the 2250kv sensored motor.

any idea where i should start with gearing? it's got the stock (46t i think) spur.

tia
For 4s I will use 14-16 depending on the size of the track
Old 04-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anybody knows what emissivity value I should use In my temp gauge, to measure correctly temperatures on my Xerun 4274. I have Duratrax Flashpoint.
Thanks
Old 05-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Hey everyone...
I have been looking for an "all in one" speed control for my Slash 2wd.
Could I run 1/10 motors on this too? sensored and sensorless? (The 80A version?)
I'm just wondering because this would sure kick the pants off of a mamba max pro in the price category. I only bash, so the precision isn't that necessary.
I am really liking this ESC so far, especially since I could sell my Havoc 3s for around the same price I could buy this for... and I could keep my ballistic until I decide what motor I want!
I don't need 6s lipo, I will only be running 3s MAX, probably only 2s, it's only a 2wd Slash...

any thoughts on this?
Old 05-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by User Unrelated
Hey everyone...
I have been looking for an "all in one" speed control for my Slash 2wd.
Could I run 1/10 motors on this too? sensored and sensorless? (The 80A version?)
I'm just wondering because this would sure kick the pants off of a mamba max pro in the price category. I only bash, so the precision isn't that necessary.
I am really liking this ESC so far, especially since I could sell my Havoc 3s for around the same price I could buy this for... and I could keep my ballistic until I decide what motor I want!
I don't need 6s lipo, I will only be running 3s MAX, probably only 2s, it's only a 2wd Slash...

any thoughts on this?
Xerun 80amp?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

this one http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-c-xerun-80a-sd-v1.html
yeah, sorry, I guess I didn't specify which esc I was referring to...

and does anyone know if this is EXACTLY the same as the one sold on hobbypartz?
The one on hobbypartz isn't in stock, and I don't have time to check stock status every day, so paying a few extra bucks for shipping shouldn't be too bad.
http://www.hobbyhot.com/hobbywing-xe...c-pr-2651.html
Only $74 with registered airmail. I'd pay $9 to have it much sooner... as long as it is the same version etc.
but then again, I might not pay $9 to get rid of the great hobbypartz support...

the reason I am kinda eager to get this is because I have to sell my current ESC/motor to get it... and I have other stuff I am buying too, which might go out of stock if I wait.
I can't buy the charger, motor, and program box I want until I sell my ESC, I just don't have any money, and said ESC I want to sell is in my only vehicle, so selling it and waiting for hobbypartz to restock is out of the question in my opinion.

AND ALSO: What's the durability of the internal fan?... is it possible to replace it?

and now that I'm looking around... 80A seems kinda low for a 1/8 scale system... I mean, the VXL is apparently 200A, and my Havoc is 120A, I didn't even know that those were so high... what kind of performance could I expect to get out of this ESC with sayyyy, a VXL motor? Would (or should) it be comparable to the VXL ESC with the same battery? I see videos of this ESC pushing 4wd 1/8 buggies to huge speeds... should it be okay in my Slash 2x4 with a Tacon 3200Kv 1/10 motor?... Heat? punch?... idk, I'm so clueless when it comes to the electrical end of this stuff... sorry for all the questions...

and in a review video, I head someone say "blue anodized"... this is plastic right? or is it aluminum? Aluminum would surprise me...

Last edited by User Unrelated; 05-06-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

this one http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-c-xerun-80a-sd-v1.html
yeah, sorry, I guess I didn't specify which esc I was referring to...

and does anyone know if this is EXACTLY the same as the one sold on hobbypartz?
The one on hobbypartz isn't in stock, and I don't have time to check stock status every day, so paying a few extra bucks for shipping shouldn't be too bad.
http://www.hobbyhot.com/hobbywing-xe...c-pr-2651.html
Only $74 with registered airmail. I'd pay $9 to have it much sooner... as long as it is the same version etc.
but then again, I might not pay $9 to get rid of the great hobbypartz support...

the reason I am kinda eager to get this is because I have to sell my current ESC/motor to get it... and I have other stuff I am buying too, which might go out of stock if I wait.
I can't buy the charger, motor, and program box I want until I sell my ESC, I just don't have any money, and said ESC I want to sell is in my only vehicle, so selling it and waiting for hobbypartz to restock is out of the question in my opinion.

AND ALSO: What's the durability of the internal fan?... is it possible to replace it?

and now that I'm looking around... 80A seems kinda low for a 1/8 scale system... I mean, the VXL is apparently 200A, and my Havoc is 120A, I didn't even know that those were so high... what kind of performance could I expect to get out of this ESC with sayyyy, a VXL motor? Would (or should) it be comparable to the VXL ESC with the same battery? I see videos of this ESC pushing 4wd 1/8 buggies to huge speeds... should it be okay in my Slash 2x4 with a Tacon 3200Kv 1/10 motor?... Heat? punch?... idk, I'm so clueless when it comes to the electrical end of this stuff... sorry for all the questions...

and in a review video, I head someone say "blue anodized"... this is plastic right? or is it aluminum? Aluminum would surprise me...
i run the 80A in a buggy with a 2250kv 4 pole sensorless motor with no issues. Running a 1/10 motor would be a walk in the park.

the other esc's numbers are just burst Amps not continuous Just FYI
Old 05-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Okay, I figured it would. Having an overpowered ESC will also make me feel a bit safer, since now I would THEORETIcALLY only have to worry about the motor, not the ESC too...

???
"Peak Current - Forward: 320A
Peak Current - Reverse: 320A
Braking Current: 320A
Continuous Current: 200A"

taken from http://traxxas.com/products/parts/escs/vxl3s and I doubt they are lying...
???

Doesn't really matter... as long as this ESC would be okay in my Slash, I will be happy.
I also hear it is quite durable, which I definitely need... is this true?

and any news on fan replacement/durability?

and does the motor KV matter much? I see it says less than 2200Kv or something like that... why?
Old 05-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Lord

its no issue.

fan can replace.

Okay, I figured it would. Having an overpowered ESC will also make me feel a bit safer, since now I would THEORETIcALLY only have to worry about the motor, not the ESC too...

???
"Peak Current - Forward: 320A
Peak Current - Reverse: 320A
Braking Current: 320A
Continuous Current: 200A"

taken from http://traxxas.com/products/parts/escs/vxl3s and I doubt they are lying...
???

Doesn't really matter... as long as this ESC would be okay in my Slash, I will be happy.
I also hear it is quite durable, which I definitely need... is this true?

and any news on fan replacement/durability?

and does the motor KV matter much? I see it says less than 2200Kv or something like that... why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.