Search

New Xerun 150a/80a esc-motor combo's

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default crap

Originally Posted by daign
I've had 4 dead Xerun Combos from Hobbypartz that are out of their 30 day warranty. 3 had bad motors. A fourth not shown was sent back for refund and the esc went up in orange smoke.

They just denied warranty on one that was a replacement for yet another replacement that was 12 days past the 30 day warranty despite me spending almost almost a grand with them over the years

I am running the combos in an SC8e with outerwear ESC and Motor bags or in a Slash with proline chassis cover and a jconcepts lid. Both are running low pinions and temperatures always remained in check.

I finally had enough with the chinese crap and went with a Castle MMM.

Anyone considering hobbypartz or xerun products I'd avoid buying them despite their tempting price. You truly do get what you pay for. ops:

I'd post pictures of the motor/rotor carnage but this site won't let me yet.
unfortunately buddy, castle mmamba is also a chinese crap but sold in america so better crap!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by muaythai
unfortunately buddy, castle mmamba is also a chinese crap but sold in america so better crap!
Their customer service is top notch.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Seriously you are the first that burnt so many motors n esc. Something must be wrong somewhere.

I have raced them for so long since their ezrun time.

Now I use their xerun series no problem.

I've had 4 dead Xerun Combos from Hobbypartz that are out of their 30 day warranty. 3 had bad motors. A fourth not shown was sent back for refund and the esc went up in orange smoke.

They just denied warranty on one that was a replacement for yet another replacement that was 12 days past the 30 day warranty despite me spending almost almost a grand with them over the years

I am running the combos in an SC8e with outerwear ESC and Motor bags or in a Slash with proline chassis cover and a jconcepts lid. Both are running low pinions and temperatures always remained in check.

I finally had enough with the chinese crap and went with a Castle MMM.

Anyone considering hobbypartz or xerun products I'd avoid buying them despite their tempting price. You truly do get what you pay for. ops:

I'd post pictures of the motor/rotor carnage but this site won't let me yet.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
Seriously you are the first that burnt so many motors n esc. Something must be wrong somewhere.

I have raced them for so long since their ezrun time.

Now I use their xerun series no problem.
You're racing in perfectly groomed tracks. Whereas I run my truck wherever I please. Fields, golf courses, sand, trails.

My Slash has a Proline Underbody tray and a jconcepts lid to keep dirt out

and the SC8 has Outwear covers with taped chassis holes. This is with the new MMM obviously but I ran the same setup with the Xeruns,

There are no tracks local to me (that I'm aware of) in downtown LA. So I run my cars wherever I feel like it.

Bottom line is, the motors are not sealed well. Every single failed combo has had debris in the motor despite all the covers and filters.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

On the flipside the ezrun stuff has been great to me. I also love the Xerun ESC's. One programmer for their entire hobbywing lineup is pretty nice.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Lord

There are some places Rc cars should avoid bro. electronics n motors cannot be completely sealed as they need to have air ventilation.

You're racing in perfectly groomed tracks. Whereas I run my truck wherever I please. Fields, golf courses, sand, trails.

My Slash has a Proline Underbody tray and a jconcepts lid to keep dirt out

and the SC8 has Outwear covers with taped chassis holes. This is with the new MMM obviously but I ran the same setup with the Xeruns,

There are no tracks local to me (that I'm aware of) in downtown LA. So I run my cars wherever I feel like it.

Bottom line is, the motors are not sealed well. Every single failed combo has had debris in the motor despite all the covers and filters.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muaythai

I just took a picture of my CC motor to sell, and just realized that on the endbell it says "made in China" I guess I'm so used to seeing that it didn't even faze me!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by gene1219
I just took a picture of my CC motor to sell, and just realized that on the endbell it says "made in China" I guess I'm so used to seeing that it didn't even faze me!
Almost all stuffs are made in china to lower the cost for consumer
Old 11-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

here is the run down on my Hobby Wing 80 amp esc and 2200 motor combo.
i had to buy the combo with the program card cause they were never in stock with the card, i did buy the cheaper program card and saved about 20 bucks tho. the program card is the ticket to setting the esc up.
heres a few pics of the conversion of a hyper st pro truggy..
I have 3 runs on the conversion so far with 1 a 4S battery being 2200 mah and 20c discharge rate at and thats not a good combo to run it will cut out in power with any hard punch outs...
2 other runs are with a 4S 2200 mah batterys and at 30c discharge rate , much better.
I put the 13 tooth pinion on it, also have to try later is 15 and a 19 tooth pinions. rather fast with the 13 tooth pinion and very tourqe off the line.
Attached Thumbnails New Xerun 150a/80a esc-motor combo's-101_0424.jpg   New Xerun 150a/80a esc-motor combo's-101_0434.jpg  

Last edited by scottc; 12-06-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Lord

Scottc? Great u hv a hobbywing 80amp n 4168 motor but I think ur cut off is happening becoz ur batt Mah is too low 2200mah is more like for planes n Heli. Cars we use 5000mah at least! Btw the bigger the pinion the faster the car n more Mah drawn.

My advise is stay on 13 or lower
Old 11-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Alan my runs with the 30 c pack there were no cut off or slow down, iam kinda new to the lipso, i am getting like 10 mns off the 30c pack for run time. ill be getting some higher mah pack later, i just do baching my self anyway.

scott
Old 11-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by scottc
Alan my runs with the 30 c pack there were no cut off or slow down, iam kinda new to the lipso, i am getting like 10 mns off the 30c pack for run time. ill be getting some higher mah pack later, i just do baching my self anyway.

scott
Scott, I m here to help u n anyone who uses hobbywing products better. I race for them its my duty

The higher the c the more efficient the current flow. The more mah the longer the run time. If u can get 10 mins it's fine but the overall voltage of the Lipo should not go below 3.7 per cell as it will decrease the life span of the Lipo.

May sure u program your cut off higher so u can enjoy this hobby longer with less spending
Old 11-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Alan i had to look at my program card to see what i have the low volt cut off set to, its set at 3.2.
now i hear so many different opinions as to how far down you can discharge a lipo its hard to make that call, some people want longer run times and don't care if they buy more batteries .

also maybe you can give me and idea as how water resistant the Xerun 150a/80a esc are as i like to bash in winter time.

thanks for your time to. scott
Old 11-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by scottc
Alan i had to look at my program card to see what i have the low volt cut off set to, its set at 3.2.
now i hear so many different opinions as to how far down you can discharge a lipo its hard to make that call, some people want longer run times and don't care if they buy more batteries .

also maybe you can give me and idea as how water resistant the Xerun 150a/80a esc are as i like to bash in winter time.

thanks for your time to. scott
i am racing for Acorn racing lipo so they taught me how to maintain my match lipo for races.

the limit is 3.2 but thats too low. Usually we dont bash till the car stop. Thats Low Voltage Cutoff.

some use silicon on the esc but it may overheat as its water proof already. Or you can use body shell scraps to make a casing around it like a box thats safer.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

just dropped in a 150A/2000kv hw combo into my hyper9..gearing is stock spur 40t and 17t pinion..my problem, it couldnt finish an 8min main, power cuts off around 7mins at 3.4v per cell..had to drop down power cut off to 3.0v per cell jst to finish..using 5400mah 50c..would lowering the pinion to 16t help ease up current draw? any suggestions? thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.