Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tschenck
anyone know where I can get a 1400kv system? I am tired of waiting on tower. I order one in feb and they still dont have it. Call them and they only know what the website says. I got a very good price on my back ordered one but if they cant deliver then it really doesn't do me much good.
Try here

http://rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=tekinrx8combo
Old 05-07-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kufman
yeah I already checked the usual, rc-monster, a-main, stormer. Guess I will just call tower again today and hope they finally know something.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

+1 on XP.

Are you able to manually adjust the RX8? I got pretty good with my little B1.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tschenck
yeah I already checked the usual, rc-monster, a-main, stormer. Guess I will just call tower again today and hope they finally know something.
Oooops, you are right. I forgot to try and hit "Buy". Sorry about that.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by avrcguy
So I was lucky enough to run the RX8 and 2050kv motor in my Caster Fusion EX-1 this past weekend at the RC Pro Series race @ Real-RC Raceway in Pleasant Hill, MO. What an awesome system!!!! I was pretty nervous the first day because I had zero test time with the system, but fortunately I had zero problems all weekend. This system ran flawlessly! I was shocked at how much smoother it was than my Mamba Max/Medusa setup. It's like driving a high quality 1/10th scale system. Even while coasting backwards after a spinout the Tekin takes off without hesitation of any kind. They really turned out a top notch combo. Thank you Tekin!!!!
That is a very nice setup. I would suggest securing the motor wires for long term durability. Think about the 'flop' factor. There is over 6" of heavy wire attached by solder joints at the ends that is going to bounce up and down like a trampoline. They are going to get worked. We have actually seen the wire strands break down just past the solder joint in our testing. Definitely need some slack for flex, but you should not be able to wiggle the wires up and down inches. In 1/8 electric it may even be normal maintainence to replace the wires often.

I might also flow a little more solder on the top of the posts. Looks like very nice solder joints, but I like to see a smooth shiny flow over it all. Hopefully you flowed the solder into the slot before adding the wire? The slot in the post makes a nice little solder pot so you can get it hot enough to make sure it is fully flowed to all the surfaces in the slot.

We are getting faster at building the Rx8 units. Some decent shipments are heading out today, tomorrow and Monday to all the sellers. Next week we should really make some ground and get close to caught up.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by binot
Ermm...think your fan is installed the wrong way..The face with the stickers should be facing down...
THanks. That's good to know. If I had ever seen it run I might have known that.

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
That is a very nice setup. I would suggest securing the motor wires for long term durability. Think about the 'flop' factor. There is over 6" of heavy wire attached by solder joints at the ends that is going to bounce up and down like a trampoline. They are going to get worked. We have actually seen the wire strands break down just past the solder joint in our testing. Definitely need some slack for flex, but you should not be able to wiggle the wires up and down inches. In 1/8 electric it may even be normal maintainence to replace the wires often.
I didn't bother securing it this past weekend since I thought there was the possibility that I would switch out for the 1900kv motor. But that is very solid advise. I have very tight fitting bullets connecting the motor and ESC and still had to tape them to keep them from slipping out. So they were obviously seeing a lot of movement.

I might also flow a little more solder on the top of the posts. Looks like very nice solder joints, but I like to see a smooth shiny flow over it all. Hopefully you flowed the solder into the slot before adding the wire? The slot in the post makes a nice little solder pot so you can get it hot enough to make sure it is fully flowed to all the surfaces in the slot.
I doubt there's any measurable resistance in those babies. The posts were tinned before inserting the wire, and I used a fair amount of flux on the posts and wire so the solder wicked all the way in. I had a circuit analysis teacher that beat us all with proper soldering technique for 3 semesters. If joints weren't perfect you learned to redo them.

We are getting faster at building the Rx8 units. Some decent shipments are heading out today, tomorrow and Monday to all the sellers. Next week we should really make some ground and get close to caught up.
How is your supply of Hotwires? I've had some trouble getting mine. Fortunately I was able to borrow a friends to reverse the motor and do initial setup.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My 2050 buggy combo just arrived today from Impaktrc.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Team Tekin

Just a friendly word of caution, I've seen this a few times now. The fan on the RX8 is meant to be installed sticker DOWN, so it blows air down on the heatsink, rather than pulling air off of it. Also be very careful when you slide it in place that you don't strip the wires on the heatsink fins.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Questions??

Originally Posted by SachaSki
try amain, I backordered 3 weeks ago and got it 1 week ago.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/36903
Did you backorder a 1400kv system? I backordered on march 17 and I'm still waiting.

3 weeks ago means you ordered around April 10th thats 3 weeks AFTER my backorder. How did you get yours before mine?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Is that going to be all systems or just the more popular 4s combo's? Just trying to figure out what I am going to do. So far you guys are the only ones I get info from cause tower seems to know nothing.

I have something right now to get me by but I really want the tekin. Excited to be able to put them in all my race cars.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here is my Tekno converted Losi 8T with the Tekin 1700 K/V truggy system on 5s. I love the power this thing has even with zero timing I have no problems clearing the triples and the big table top on our local track. I use to have to double single the triples but not anymore. Thanks for the awesome system guys, it was definitely worth the wait. The only thing I wish you guys had done different is had a little bit longer wire included and maybe a 275mm or 300mm sensor harness available separately I ended up using a 270mm one but I wish it was even longer for a little more flex.

I currently do not use that fan that is on there, it is just there in case the motor would start running warm on the hot Midwestern afternoons we get in the summers. All i have to do is plug it in to my y harness that is routed over to it. The motor is also in the new 42mm Tekno mount that I really like because you get a better idea of how warm the motor is and if I need to use the fan it should do a better job of cooling the motor down.

How does the wiring job look on mine Ty, Jim, or Randy?

Old 05-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim3
Hay Randy P.
I would like too by two tekin T's, but there is not any on the Tekin site.
I'm a big man , and need 4x, I will send the T's if you need, can you help.
Thanks Tim3.
BUMP
Old 05-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradfox2
geez for any computer issue there is normally someone that has already solved it. Vista is fine and 64bit is better

read the thread and disable driver signature and install in compatibility mode.... not that hard and DEFINETLY not tekins fault
I've tried what Randy posted and what you have posted and neither work for me.........................
Old 05-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Just so you Tekin guys know... Tower is placing the entire blame for lack of RX8 inventory all on Tekin. They say they have had them on order and have no control over when and what Tekin sends them. I've called Tower twice and both times they said the exact same thing.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:59 AM
AMZ
Tech Regular

Tekin,

What exactly does the 1,1.5,2,2.5,3 and Y/D designation refer to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.