Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
Again! I'm about tired of this Tobias. You haven't e-mailed me directly for any answers, how am I supposed to help you? So instead you just come on here and thrash us when you haven't helped your own situation much.

You e-mail me directly and I will help you. This is not acceptable.
This is a strange company ... I donīt have your email at all.
But I was told to write to rpike (what I did). Is he retired ?

And Ty :
I donīt trash you - but are you really happy with your "repair" ?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

TopAs, CALL or E-MAIL them. Since you could not find the e-mail, here's a link:

http://www.teamtekin.com/support.html
Old 11-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Sounds you might have a sensor issue. If that circuit got damp/wet this would make sense. Pulling the harness forced it into sensorless mode.
think it permanently damaged anything? Just pop the case and let it dry?

Am I allowed to open the case without voiding the warranty?

with all the mud the motor came off the track at 155..

my battery however was puffed from all the current being pulled
Old 11-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TopAs
This is a strange company ... I donīt have your email at all.
But I was told to write to rpike (what I did). Is he retired ?

And Ty :
I donīt trash you - but are you really happy with your "repair" ?
How many times are you going to post this man. twice here, over on Rc-monster.

I think they got it the first time that there was a problem and they offered to fix it... they told you to contact them via email or call- since the email didnt make it through what would be the next most sensible solution? call them. leave them a message. they are trying to help you but you make no effort to get in touch with them.

Ok someone else can have the soapbox.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TopAs
Just to inform the forum members about the great Tekin service :

No reply to my emails at all. No solution. Just a very badly repaired ESC (cracked case)
That's not true at all. Unfortunately you simply didn't like our answer. I wrote you back the same day saying that we could ship you a brand new case set with both halves and buttons so you could swap it out. You replied that this wasn't acceptable that you had to fix it. So if that wasn't acceptable I said you could send it in for us to replace the case.

Changing the case out would be the quickest and shouldn't be an issue for someone with your capabilities...
Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushlessboy16

I'm betting that it beind wet was the issue. Plug it in and spin the motor by hand and use the sensor checker feature on the speedo. The last 3 led's will cycle on/off dimmly showing that the sensors are working.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I'm betting that it beind wet was the issue. Plug it in and spin the motor by hand and use the sensor checker feature on the speedo. The last 3 led's will cycle on/off dimmly showing that the sensors are working.
will do.. i beleive they still do, might have been a wet sensor cable?

What size bearings to the motors use?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushlessboy16

Did any dirty water or mud get into the ESC case?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by marine6680
Did any dirty water or mud get into the ESC case?
could be, havent opened it.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

how well can this ESC be dialed without the hotwire accessory? wondering whether i need it or not when tuning? thanks.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I should probably not do this, but I'm going to anyway. I work at a Hobby shop and I go to great lengths to help customers out (usually to my detriment financially, etc.) and while most are more than happy with the service I provide, there's always a few that just aren't satisfied until the shop is left broke and with unsellable merchandise. A prime example is a nitro noob that can't start the engine (or read the manual, most of the time) and wants us to give them a new truck, take back the old one, break in their engine, power tune it and give them some free stuff for the trouble of bringing the old one back to us.

That being said. If Randy is being honest, and I have no reason to believe he hasn't been, sending you a new case should be more than enough, it should be a simple swap, boom, case fixed, lets go racing. Instead I've seen these pictures 5 times and not once have you asked for anything specific, simply to "fix it" while insulting their repair work. It's plastic, it cracks, it had to travel a long way, it happens. I've seen crushed Proline bodies that happened in shipping, should Proline's president fly to you and hand you a new one with a 300 dollar paint job on it for your trouble? I haven't even gotten to run my Tekin system yet, but if I do and something goes wrong and I get it back with a cracked case and they offer to send me one, boom, I'm a happy customer.

It does seem like the Customer Service isn't as well recieved outside the US on here, because of delays etc., but lets be realistic... shipping, etc. takes time when you aren't in the states. I don't think Tekin is trying to get you or keep you from racing, but you can only expect so much. I mean realistically if you sent one in with a bad board, they could just send you the ESC and a new board and call it done. I think their repair/replacement has been more than generous. They're a business too, they can only do so much and still be profitable. And a business without profit is quickly out of business.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMorgan
I should probably not do this, but I'm going to anyway. I work at a Hobby shop and I go to great lengths to help customers out (usually to my detriment financially, etc.) and while most are more than happy with the service I provide, there's always a few that just aren't satisfied until the shop is left broke and with unsellable merchandise. A prime example is a nitro noob that can't start the engine (or read the manual, most of the time) and wants us to give them a new truck, take back the old one, break in their engine, power tune it and give them some free stuff for the trouble of bringing the old one back to us.

That being said. If Randy is being honest, and I have no reason to believe he hasn't been, sending you a new case should be more than enough, it should be a simple swap, boom, case fixed, lets go racing. Instead I've seen these pictures 5 times and not once have you asked for anything specific, simply to "fix it" while insulting their repair work. It's plastic, it cracks, it had to travel a long way, it happens. I've seen crushed Proline bodies that happened in shipping, should Proline's president fly to you and hand you a new one with a 300 dollar paint job on it for your trouble? I haven't even gotten to run my Tekin system yet, but if I do and something goes wrong and I get it back with a cracked case and they offer to send me one, boom, I'm a happy customer.

It does seem like the Customer Service isn't as well recieved outside the US on here, because of delays etc., but lets be realistic... shipping, etc. takes time when you aren't in the states. I don't think Tekin is trying to get you or keep you from racing, but you can only expect so much. I mean realistically if you sent one in with a bad board, they could just send you the ESC and a new board and call it done. I think their repair/replacement has been more than generous. They're a business too, they can only do so much and still be profitable. And a business without profit is quickly out of business.
+1. Customer service can be rough. Most customers are reasonable people, but you will always get those few that are difficult to deal with. I used to work on cars a while back, and I've seen some crazy customers. There are those that just can't be reasoned with.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I finally sold my MMM V1 (even though it had a life time warranty) and got another Tekin.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

yeah, that was a cool thing about the V1s.

The Tekin though is a good system from what I can tell, just bad luck it looks like with that batch. It has great performance, and there motors are my new favorites for 1/8. And there do have great customer service, just don't rely on email as the end all be all. CALL THEM.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Some people dont like to call... Its much easier to be an @$$ when you are hiding behind the internet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.