Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjc168
Guys, I am stop playing offroad for a month, due to the rotor failed. Until today I still haven't receive my replacement rotor. Tekin folks was sent out the rotor by first-class mail 1 month ago. I think probably the replacement rotor lose somewhere.
Call them. They have had the best customer service I have delt with in a long time.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnfweld
Call them. They have had the best customer service I have delt with in a long time.
Thanks for your advise. I know phone call make thing easy...but I had difficulty to call them out from my country. the US timezone is exactly 12 hours back from my country. I had send a lot of email to follow up with them....seem not a quick feedback....I had give up, anyway I may purchase new motor or repair the rotor my self...
Old 09-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Thanks for your advise. I know phone call make thing easy...but I had difficulty to call them out from my country. the US timezone is exactly 12 hours back from my country. I had send a lot of email to follow up with them....seem not a quick feedback....I had give up, anyway I may purchase new motor or repair the rotor my self...
pm sent
Old 09-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is it just me or is there a slight bug with Push Control?

I turned it on with my RX8, set at 10. It works fine when the motor is running forward, but if I run it in reverse, it seems like push control runs the motor forward which ends up acting like a brake, and in some cases actually rolls the vehicle forward a bit, if I use reverse at a very slow speed.

Granted, in race conditions where reverse is disabled this will not matter, but it seems like it shouldn't be like this...

Has anyone else noticed this? Randy, is this by design (or maybe an oversight)?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

push control is for brushed motors.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

As i know push control is the opposite way than drag break. When you set to reverse motor mode, maybe the drag break become push control; push control become drag break.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039
Can anyone explain the lights on the esc. I am trying to set like current limit using the leds. I got to the current limit setting. Then when I goto change it the lights go like 1, then 1 and 2, then 2, then 2 and 3. How do I know whats what? Obviously 1 is one and 2 is two right? But what about the double lights?
The current limit goes up to 13 and you read the led as follows :
Led 1 = 1
Led 1+2 = 2
Led 2 = 3
2+3 = 4
etc..

Count when you press the INCR button and it should make more sense than listed as above.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

As i know push control is the opposite way than drag break. When you set to reverse motor mode, maybe the drag break become push control; push control become drag break.
er, perhaps I was not specific enough.

What I mean to say is with forward throttle, it pushes, which is correct. With reverse throttle, it still pushes...but the motor spins forward...which acts like a brake. I guess it's not a huge issue because how often do you want to coast in reverse, but still...it doesn't seem like that's the way it should operate.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ezrem
er, perhaps I was not specific enough.

What I mean to say is with forward throttle, it pushes, which is correct. With reverse throttle, it still pushes...but the motor spins forward...which acts like a brake. I guess it's not a huge issue because how often do you want to coast in reverse, but still...it doesn't seem like that's the way it should operate.
maybe I get you wrong....Currently my reverse mode is enable....I do not having any problem...I can reverse in very fast speed....If you turn off the push control, i think your problem will gone away...
Old 09-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

I had the same problem when I first hooked up my caster truggy. I didn't realize I needed reverse rotation the way the motor was mounted. I tries rev it on the radio and thats what it did. Directions were correct but the brake had the power of forwards and the gas was the brake. I was so frustrated I almost threw my M11. Then figured out it was a setting on the ESC.

But I felt like am an idiot
Old 09-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No he's right. If you're using a reversable motor type and you have some push control set it can cause this to happen.

Ideally of course it shouldn't! LOL It's a bug I'm aware of but don't hear very often since most don't use reverse.

Push control is like a capacitor in the way it "stores" so much push power based on time spent at WOT. So if you're only on throttle for a bit push control will only push a bit. If you're on WOT for a long period it will push exponentially...more.

Current limiter and all our led's are based on a scale. The led's from the left being 0 , 7 being the highest. In the Hotwire you can actually select the "led amount" by right clicking on the adjustment. The incriments that allow for 2 led's lit at the same time are "half" led's if you will. It's basically led's halved. So instead of just 7 steps we have 12.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Some Ebuggy action as well as cough nitro cough action from the Horizon Shootout. Not real sure who the guy was that tried the backflip 2 times was ..... Oh and for those that are worried bout duribility, it drove away after Billy Fisher put the body back on after the second try!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RQz4...eature=channel
Old 09-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Ill the nitro guys laugh at me when I do back flips out at the track...

Thats defiantly a truggy thing though....

Good times
Old 10-01-2009, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
Ill the nitro guys laugh at me when I do back flips out at the track...

Thats defiantly a truggy thing though....

Good times
Wheelies down the straitaway are also laughable..

especially when you go truckin' past the poor gas burners with only 2 wheels (sometimes less) on the ground

Good News is that I got my rx8 back- will put it through the paces this weekend.

Now I just want to get my hands on one of those t8 motors
Old 10-01-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sorry guys for being kind of new to this. But the push control problem is not sinking in. Push control does what to the motor? (Drag brake puts a little reverse action on the motor when the throttle goes to nuetral is that correct?) Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.