Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC ET410 Thread >

Tekno RC ET410 Thread

Like Tree322Likes

Tekno RC ET410 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-09-2018, 07:53 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC ET410 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: billdelong

Welcome to the ET410 Wiki page.

• 95% parts compatibility with the EB410 4WD 1/10th scale buggy.
  • Updated 3mm 7075 CNC chassis and revised A and B hinge pin braces.
  • 13mm hard anodized threaded shocks with locking spring perches.
  • New 32 pitch spur gear for ultimate durability
  • 3.5mm shock shafts with revised dual guide x-ring cartridge.
  • 7075 CNC machined adjustable hinge pin brace system.
  • Three high volume fluid-filled adjustable differentials.
  • Lightweight 7075 tapered center driveshafts.
  • Quick access to differentials and maintenance friendly layout.
  • Captured CVA front and rear driveshafts with heavy duty 6mm stub axles.
  • Fully ball raced reverse bellcrank steering system.
  • Uses 1/10th AE Offset Stadium Truck or Traxxas Slash Short Course offset wheels.
For you guys all discussing what power plant to run, I would take note of the following statement from Matt W.

Matt - Probably would recommend a 10.5 for something similar to 13.5 in a buggy. I personally run a 6.5 in it and it’s pretty fast. Pro4 4600 will run in it but it has a lot of power and will need to be turned down in the esc.

Parts Needed to convert from EB410 to ET410

Pin Replacement Tool options

Print Wikipost

Old 07-27-2018, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Originally Posted by AJH387 View Post
So which of these would you guys go with and why? I know Matt gave his input on what those guys were running. I just can't decide so I was wanting to see what you guys were going to use and why. Thanks.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...020230/p742128

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...020421/p604317

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekin-r...tt2753/p464776
If I can get the SCT Pro ESC to fit, then I'll definitely go with a 4 pole SCT motor... only problem is that this might be too much power, I had tested this motor in a Hyper10TT on our turf track and it would tend to do wheelies if you punched the throttle too hard:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GoolRC-550-.../142783448794?
AJH387 likes this.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

So who’s gonna be the nice person with too much time on their hands to make a list with part numbers of what parts are different between the EB and ET? Essentially, if I wanted to convert my spare EB410 to an ET410, what do I need to get and how much is it going to cost me? At least can do that comparison first before likely deciding to opt for the full kit. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
If I can get the SCT Pro ESC to fit, then I'll definitely go with a 4 pole SCT motor... only problem is that this might be too much power, I had tested this motor in a Hyper10TT on our turf track and it would tend to do wheelies if you punched the throttle too hard:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GoolRC-550-.../142783448794?
Ya that is the balance I am trying to find. It's a truggy so I think it should have big power etc. But I don't want it to be completely not usable. The 2-pole 5.5 seems good but I just don't know if I want something with more punch w/o going over the line.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

For you guys all discussing what power plant to run, I would take note of the following statement from Matt W.

Matt - Probably would recommend a 10.5 for something similar to 13.5 in a buggy. I personally run a 6.5 in it and it’s pretty fast. Pro4 4600 will run in it but it has a lot of power and will need to be turned down in the esc.

So my suggestion is treat it like a 4wd buggy for Mod and start with your normal 6.5 / 5.5 and see how it feels. For Stock guys, 10.5 motors. I personally won't have a truck for a few months, but my intention is to try the 13.5 that's currently in my buggy and just swap it over and see how it feels. I'll also try a 10.5 if I have one laying around still. I plan on running a 6.5 in it though because I doubt that we'll have enough initially to split the class into stock and mod.

Which brings me to another point. Since this class is new, I suggest that you get together with people from your track and discuss if you guys are going to run spec, mod, or just open. At least for the first month or two until you can get more people driving them.
AJH387 likes this.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Pre order is up that was quick
Old 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Just ordered mine
Old 07-27-2018, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AJH387 View Post
So which of these would you guys go with and why? I know Matt gave his input on what those guys were running. I just can't decide so I was wanting to see what you guys were going to use and why. Thanks.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...020230/p742128

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...020421/p604317

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekin-r...tt2753/p464776
I don't think the XR8 will fit easily, at least if you want to also fit the rx on the chassis. So I'd go with the other two.
AJH387 likes this.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
Hey Matt,

I see the recommended SCT wheels for the ET410 are for the Traxxas Slash offset... long story short, I'm currently boycotting Traxxas and would also like to re-use the same wheels that I already have mounted for my SCT410 if possible... are there any plans to make a hex adapter (possibly new axle?) to support zero offset SCT wheels?

Normally I'd run ST wheels, I'm currently running an XT2'17 with T4 wheels anyway, but ProLine doesn't currently sell Pin Points (or Pyramids) for ST and PinPoints are doing extremely well for my SCT with average wear of about 1 year of racing before the tires wear at the turf track in my area. In contrast I only get about 6-8 race days on a set of Prisms for ST.

If I do go with Slash compatible wheels, they will definitely be sourced from an aftermarket company, but it would be nice to share the same wheels with my SCT410 to help save space in my pit box
No plans for hex adapters to fit zero offset wheels. They'll fit, but be way narrow. you'd need an adapter that's about 12mm wider than stock.
Not sure why your tire wear is so drastically different between those treads. Is your SC 2wd or 4wd? You could also try JC tires.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by boudin4evr View Post
Im interested in trying the Tekno revised shock cartridge pieces to see if they work like the MIP cartridge kit
Pretty similar, we've had good success with the new guides.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rayzcar View Post
So who’s gonna be the nice person with too much time on their hands to make a list with part numbers of what parts are different between the EB and ET? Essentially, if I wanted to convert my spare EB410 to an ET410, what do I need to get and how much is it going to cost me? At least can do that comparison first before likely deciding to opt for the full kit. Thanks in advance.
https://wwwcdn.teknorc.com/wp-conten...410_ET410.jpeg
rayzcar likes this.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

what was the reasoning behind doing a 1/10th Truggy instead of a 1/10 short course? There has never been this class why now? And to top it off, that is the most hideous body I have ever seen. Looks like a friggin tadpole
Old 07-27-2018, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
what was the reasoning behind doing a 1/10th Truggy instead of a 1/10 short course? There has never been this class why now? And to top it off, that is the most hideous body I have ever seen. Looks like a friggin tadpole
Truggy is more fun and this shares more parts with the EB410 than a SC would.
Everyone has an opinion on every RC body that's out there, we can't please everyone so we go with what we like. Won't be too hard to fit some other style body on the truck if you want to do that.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (98%+)

just not many races left around here to justify buying and i dont want to stare at it tell next yr but my 6yr old will love his birthday gift in March

Cant wait cant wait this thing is a beast
Old 07-27-2018, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni View Post
No plans for hex adapters to fit zero offset wheels. They'll fit, but be way narrow. you'd need an adapter that's about 12mm wider than stock.
Not sure why your tire wear is so drastically different between those treads. Is your SC 2wd or 4wd? You could also try JC tires.
Thanks for info, didn't realize the Slash offset was THAT far out, I'll suck it up and look for some JC wheels with the Slash offset.

I'm comparing tire wear between 2WD ST (7.5T motor) with ProLine Prism Z3 against 4WD SCT (550-4300KV) with ProLine PinPoint Z3

Something about 2WD tends to cause the rear wheels to wear faster on turf, folks are reporting faster tire wear on 2WD Buggy vs 4WD Buggy too... used to be 2WD buggy was the most popular class but now 13.5T Wheeler is the main event every week. Presumably because 4WD tires wear longer at our club.

Nobody has any definitive reason why, but some folks are thinking that 4WD is more efficient with less tire scrub.

The biggest factor in longevity between Prism and PinPoint is the pin length... the Prism is very small, and once the pins start to round off, then traction dies off pretty quick... Pin Point is a really long narrow pin which can dig in deep into the turf... with a fresh set of pins, the car tends to be VERY twitchy where you need to dial back the D/R, then over time as the pins start to wear, then you can add some D/R to where the pins eventually wear down to the size of rounded Prism pins and that takes roughly a year of racing to get there

As far as JC tire compounds go, they don't make anything nearly as hard as the Z3 that ProLine sells... on turf, you want the hardest compound possible so the pins don't fold over, harder compound gives better traction and longer wear life

Only drawback to Z3 is that they are such a hard compound that they can be VERY difficult to glue, sometimes I will run a path of glue around the wheel bead first, then quickly snap the tire onto the bead before the glue sets up, ha!

Last edited by billdelong; 07-27-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni View Post
Thanks for putting the conversion list together Matt. Looks like the cost per Tekno’s website will exceed the cost of the whole kit by about $56. Unless there’s going to be a conversion kit with a deep discount, makes that decision easy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service