Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 04-14-2004, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys just to let you know i will be placing an order for personal transponders on friday. if you are interested let me know the price is $120.00 this includes exchange, duty, brokerage ect.. let me know, also i will be placing an order for nitro tires if you are interested in saving some money let me know asap.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default Selling Victor Engineering Super IQ charger

If anyone is interested, I am selling my Victor Engineering charger. It's in perfect condition, I used it to charge my GP3300's. Features include: charge, discharge, cycle, motor break in. Also included with the charger is the leather carring case and instructions. Asking $250 cdn.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

has it been fully upgraded with backlite ect...
Old 04-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Racing?

So, racing on sunday with the comp system? Kerry?Joe?Pete?
Old 04-15-2004, 10:17 PM
Company Representative

The outdoor race hasn't been shut down yet. We'll see what it looks like, but if there is no snow, we are on.

Remember that the first Asphalt race is this upcoming wed evening. Outdoor is going full swing, break out the nitro!
Old 04-16-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

I really didn't know that the on-road schedule depended on the off-road schedule?
Old 04-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Angry

I did not know that Gary called all the shots. Well I guess that is how it is. Is Gary on the board of CARCAR now? Is anyone on the board still active? No one seems to want to post what is going on.
Should there be an update on the website or should I trade my on-road stuff for off-road stuff? No maybe not. Maybe I will have to drive two and a half hours north to race. I guess I have a harsh opinion and maybe see things from one side but I bought into a on-road club that seems to me to be run by someone that is from the off-road club. It is a nice gesture for the on-road club to let the off-road cub use the computer for their opening day race since theirs is broken and I guess if I look at it that way maybe I should break out my off-road stuff and race this weekend regardless of who is running the show.
This is only my opinion and being in a free country should be taken as such. If anyone needs to contact me directly you can do so at 630-3285. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Racing Sunday

I will be out this sunday to Race. Track will be open at 8:30.
As to my understanding that the computer will be there for our club race. I have not been told different. I do not know how many people are going to show up but that all right. So for those die hard racers come on out.

I will be there this sunday unless I'm dead.
We have two race days left and my understanding is that CarCar has the computer system at the main track (Horseshoe Club)
and it will remain there untill our indoor racing season is done.

These are my thoughts, not yours.

I'm Jooooeeee RRRRaaaaaccccccerrrrr!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

There was a meeting last nite Larry, Gary, Peter, Kerry and Paul.
Peter is suppose to post what was discussed at the meeting.
All I can tell you is that Gary is not running the operation of Carcar
as you might be thinking. There was 5 people at the meeting discussing what is to be done to join the two clubs under one banner. Once again offroad is not trying to dissolve the onroad club, we are just trying to make rc racing stronger in Calgary like in other cities. If you are thinking any differently, that is pretty negative thinking. That is just my opinion!

Larry "Goatman" Blois
Old 04-16-2004, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

before we fall off of our soap boxes lets just take a few minutes to breathe. i understand the frustration that some have. we have not had any racing over the last 2 weeks and some posts are not being answered. if you need to get answers the minute they pop in your head you can call me on my cell and i will try to answer them. the off roaders have asked to use our computer, it was my understanding that peter was trying to resolve computer issues and is unable to do so, since the turnout was bad the last few they decided to lend them our system for the weekend. this is a one time deal not something that will be happening on a regular basis. turnout is always bad in april the weather is nice and people want alittle break in the action. people are still working behind the scenes to try and make this club better and stronger. if the weather is bad on sunday am, i'm sure gary will bring the computer to the track. but lets not be selfish, i know its not in your nature. good news is its sounds like we will have a new race director next year, joe will be happy.. just remember if you ask a question, it is more likely to be answered than if you rant and rave. our outdoor season will begin may 12, 04 6:00pm tandman if you would like to call me my cell # is 630-8852
Old 04-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Company Representative

Tand, if you want to take over any of the work I am doing, pls give me a call and I can make the arrangements for you to do so.

In light of the weather and some ppl's objection to the off-road club borrowing the computer, I will be cancelling the weekends racing at the off-road track.

I am really getting tired of the negativity coming from some members. You have no idea how much work is being put in to create a great facility for everyone to race at. I still work over 50 hours a week at my paying job, this I get nothing for. If some of you can't get over the fact that this year we have to compromise until we have the one location, then I recommend you step up to the plate and do all of this work that VOLUNTEERS are doing to make calgary the best place to race.

Last night 5 of us sat for 2 hours discussing the direction and plan of attack with the City of Calgary for a location to put both asphalt and off-road racing. Next time we sit down, Tand I want you there so you can see what us highly paid club members are doing for you and so you can get fully involved in the process. I have lots of items that require a person to lose time from work to get done. Interested in coughing up paying work days for the club? I know I have given up quite a few.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Kerry, you have PM.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

colin i pm you
Old 04-16-2004, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

ok guys this is getting out of hand agian. lets remember its just toy cars. i need to clear up a few things. 1 the lack of communication. we need to remember we have people that do specific jobs at carcar. we have a track director(ian) and race director (joe) these are responsible for getting race days up and running, joe has done a great job this year. if these guys are unavailable to open sundays other means have to be found, all it takes is a phone call, not everyone watches these posts. gary maid a mistake when making up the schedules. peter and i spoke this morning and came up with the conclusion that our 1st outdoor race is may 12. gary misunderstood what was going on, its o.k its just a misunderstanding. from now on the only people that speak for carcar are peter, joe and myself. no one else. between the 3 of us we should be able to figure this out. i ask that people not use this forum to vent there frustrations, and ask that people not get caught up in what other people are saying. some people don't like the idea that we are trying to make our club better and stronger because they cant see over there own noses. you will always have the back benchers in life disagreeing with change. the end result will be a great place to race for all ages. we will soon have a proposal for all members to see what is going on this will be mailed out in a couple of months if all goes well. gary you need to relax, most of the people know what you are trying to do for the club and the sport and appreciate it, i ask that if you need to say something on behalf of carcar please let us know so we don't cause any confusion. to all of you that don't know gary he is very passionate about bettering our sport in the community and has put lots of hours into this. if you would like to help out please contact myself and join a project commity. we could use all the help we can get. please remember we have a great club full of great members, try not to listen to those few that are negative and if you have a question please call either joe, peter or myself. rumors have a way of getting bigger and bigger from person to person. enjoy your weekend and i hope this has cleared up some issues.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Thanks

I just wanted to say that I am sorry for being negative and I do not want to vent on this site. It is just hard to know what is going on. I can apreciate what Gary is doing, it is only for the better of all rc'ing in Calgary. Thanks to all and sorry about the negative post, it will not happen again.
Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.