Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 04-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

remind me.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

We already have asphalt but its in a area thats driven over all the time. Its missing lots of lines and its really really bumpy. So it would be great if we could get a new patch that was flat and wasn't also very dusty.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

ah, ok so we are going to re-do what we have already.

I was out last week with Ian and cleaned it off a bit, looking not too bad actually, we brought the drivers stand out too.
We will need to put out the boards on race nights though.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:13 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sigh, for the new location. Remember, all one club at one spot.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ya I was out on sunday and ran a few tank but the drack was really dusty. Probly the dirtiest my cars ever been, tires arent black anymore, but more of a brown color. Thats the problem Ian can do a really good job at cleaning the track off and the horseshoe club people and the dog trainer people just drive all over the track and it gets VERY dirty in a very short period of time.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Gary,

yes I did know we were trying to go for one spot.
What is news to me is that that one spot is not the Horseshoe club.

so, when did this happen??
and I suppose you know where too??
Old 04-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Company Representative

We discussed all of this at the big meeting. The HSC is not interested in having off-road there. Remember, City meetings etc. Go to the carcar web page and re-read the letter that Kerry sent out to everyone about this subject. We covered all of this once already.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Yes I read the letter, was at the meeting, talked to you and Kerry...
but I still don't know when and where.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Company Representative

Once a full proposal is available, everyone will have one. We are checking prices on everything needed for a facility, one of them being asphalt. This won't happen overnite, just making up the proposal will take us a couple of months. To get funding buisness proposals must be drawn up and submitted to the gov, and any other sponsors we can find. This is going to take a ton of work, and now I would like to see some ppl try and find us some prices on asphalt. An area of 150'x 65' for racing toy cars on. Just the asphalt, no base or anything.

I already have an approx price on fencing, and thats just for materials. We will be installing all the fencing with club members. One thing I do want to point out is that we will be needing lots of ppl to construct the facility once things are set in place. Construction knowledge is not mandatory, just a willingness to help get the area built.

No site has been finalized, so don't ask where until we know for sure. When we do, we will let you all know.

PS, this is not from CARCAR exec, just the group of racers trying to build the best racing facility in Canada.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

it'd be nice to be in the loop though.
I didn't know there were people working outside of carcar, that seems like a bad move to me.
Maybe I and some others could get involved too though??
Old 04-27-2004, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

This is not a rcgears offroad driven thing, there are carcar members involved. Ask your execs.

Larry "Goatman" Blois
Old 04-27-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

lets not get ahead of ourselves? small steps guys!!!! lets clear a few things up, a group of us carcar and rcgears met a few weeks ago. we are looking into possibilities of one facility for outdoor season. (as per big meeting a few months ago) since peter didn't post the minutes of the last meeting i will give a brief explanation. before i begin and everyone forms an opinion on a small amount of facts, these are options and won't take into efffect for a year or two if we proceed. plan A. gary has met with the city in an attempt to secure some land, we are working on all the paperwork but a city business plan takes alot of time and resources, we felt that this option should still be addressed but we need both a strong membership and a healthy financial picture. in my personal opinion our club would need alot of work to sustain what the city needs and wants and feel that we do not have the financial backing to follow this course of action, this does not mean that we are tableing the idea, just focusing on other avenues. the next option was to re develop the offroad area. they are using the facility rent free and are willing to entertain ideas of re-landscaping the area. we have measured the area out, and with alot of work we can have one facility for our outdoor racing season. there would be a 150x65 on road track and beside this a 185x85 off road track both tracks would race on sundays. since the facility is rent free this would increase the clubs financial outlook. however some improvements need to be made. we would extend the power from current location to the tracks and improve the facilities inside the building so that we are not using porto potties. in june i will mail out a complete business plan of what the club is going to do in detail and how we are going to get the funds to acheive this, if the membership approves the plan then we will take the next steps. please remember to keep an open mind about all of this, we are attempting to take forward steps in improving our racing conditions not move backwards. dont jump to conclusions on rumors and speculation.i will be gone for the month of may, but when i get back i will complete the plans for all to see. i still feel that as a club we need to hold monthly meetings. this would bring membership awareness up and i feel increase the participation on project and events that we hold. we could meet every second tue. of the month at the HSC and break for summer from june-september? this would put all rumors and speculation to bed, clearing up any misconception. untill then i could use some help! stu if you would like to help i could sure use it! give me a call or pm me. gary untill the membership has a copy of a plan i think it is not wise to post tidbits of information, i don't blame the membership when guys react to statements, that they are not sure of what is going on and why? peter since you are reading this can you please, as asked post the minutes or this post to the website so we are not confusing the members with lack of information. people get upset when they don't have all the facts, i don't balme them, its an easy solution. in closing if anyone has any further question please call me and i would be happy to answer them.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Company Representative

My bad. So to address this, I will no longer answer any question reguarding the planning or development of anything. Don't bother asking me about this anymore. Any questions on this can be directed to Kerry, and he will get everyone the info they need when its available.

Kerry, any time frame for that drawing? I need to do take-offs for it, and add the other systems needed.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

i will try to have it by the weekend, at least a rough drawing.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Rookie

For sale: Serpent Impulse

I have a Serpent Impulse which I raced for less than 1 summer. The chassis is in very good condition, completely stock except for aluminum hex outdrives. The engine has about 1 gallon of fuel through it, never overheated. It has good compression and brand new ball bearings.

Package includes:
Serpent Impulse /w Novarossi engine
Ofna starter box
2 receiver battery packs
Glow ignitor
MIP on-board temp gauge
Unpainted Dodge Stratus body
HPI rubber tires (mounted)
Fuel bulb

Asking $300 for all of the above. Prefer to sell locally. I will only part out the package if the chassis is sold.

If you are looking to get started in nitro, all you need to add to go racing is:
Radio system /w 2 servos
Battery for the starter box
Battery for the temp gauge
Can of paint
Foam tires? (not sure what type will be allowed for racing)

Contact Steve Soon ([email protected]) if interested.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.