Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 08-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Is anybody interested in buying a Team kit TC3 with steel diffs and some hop ups for around $125 dollars. If you interested contact Matt at [email protected]
Old 08-04-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hello gentleman

good to see some great posts. i have no problem with placing stock and pro stock together, it makes for good racing i think. i think the problem that certain drivers have is when you are racing with newbies they are not sure when to get out of the way. but we can educate them on how procedures work!! i say lets give it a try? let me know what others think and we can bring it up at our annual general meeting
Old 08-04-2003, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i think the problem that certain drivers have is when you are racing with newbies they are not sure when to get out of the way
what you do is have every driver assigned a rating, like a handicap system, I'm sure our state of the art software has that capability. Then you are able to race in a heat with drivers of a similar skill level, whist at the same time actually competing against all the drivers in your class.

And Kerry, you coming out to the club anytime soon?
Old 08-04-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Even if there's no handicap system, after the first resort faster guys will race faster guys. So I don't think that's will be a big deal. I know when I first started racing I like racing the fast guys it made me faster.

How many people are going to show up on Sunday? I'll like to be able to race. I will be there at 9:00 AM.

As for tires I would run sorex 28 in the morning. But by main times I'll use sorex 32, and maybe 36's if the temp is above 30C. If it hot out I think the 28's will burn up in 1 or 2 heats.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

what tyres do we run for nitro ( sorry Gas..) assuming of course I ever get mine..
Old 08-04-2003, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Foams are the norm. As for shore rating I found most people I talked to are use 45 on front and 40 on rear. or 40 all the way around.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

well hopefully soon stu. business is crazy and i have family from u.k for a month so maybe by the end of the month. but all your comments are great. anywhere else we can improve on
Old 08-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

One thing mentioned to me today about having 2 stock classes is that there was going to have end of season prizes for all classes and if we go to only have one stock class some people will lose the chance for a end of season prize. Just something to remember.

So who's coming out to the track on sunday?
Old 08-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

prizes at the end of the season are a small price to pay when you consider how much easyier it will be to run the races, and running only 1 stock class will turn the 2 boring 4 car mains into and exicting 8 car main on days when turnout is low. alos I agree that running with the faster car helps people to get faster.

anyone going out tomorow?
Old 08-05-2003, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

All I'm trying to say is that all the people that want 1 class of stock are the fast guys. I'll like to hear for other members too. We should hear what they say too.

I'll try to show up tomorrow. It depends on when I'm done work.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Company Representative

Keep the classes split so someone can win a prize?!?!? Now that would be pure catering to one or two guys. Ask the top 5 racers in the club if they really care about a prize at the end of the year. If the only reason someone is racing is to try and win a prize at the end of the year, they are missing the point of the hobby. Your supposed to be having fun and enjoying yourself. Club racing is just that, club racing. If your after prizes, hit the big races and try your mettle. I don't think that someones ability to win a club prize should have any bearing on if we run one stock class and one mod class.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Gary, would you be happy racing in the C or D main all the time? I know people that are just happy to race and if they inprove thier time it's a great weekend. I'm the same way. I would like to here from all the members to here what they think. I'm for having one of each class. I think it would get resolved at the agm in September.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Company Representative

You working tomorow?
Old 08-05-2003, 09:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes and No. I'm going to be in a commercial for PM and we're filming tomorrow. So I'll be in after it's done. I hope by 3:00 I'll been in.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

i hate to say this but gary is right!!!!! yes gary i'm choking right now. prizes don't mean a thing we just like to go out and have good clean racing.. what we can do is go on points series. for each quarter of racing 3 or 4 months. lets show an example!!!

lets use a 3 month process, there are potentially 12 races in 3 months. not everyone can make all 12 races, unless you have no life like ian. just joking!!! so out of those 12 weeks lets make 10 of the races count for points. using the f1 point system we used last year it gives people still a chance to climb the standings and still have the flexability to miss a few weekends. at the end of the quarter we can have prizes for the top 8 and tropies for the top 3 positions. as the club membership changes sometimes we needs to adapt to the new ways of thinking!!!! we can always go back to the old way if people dont like it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.