Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 07-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For the Championship, we have always dropped the worst two race days for everyone, so you can miss a couple. The previous points system: 50 + 1 TQ, 49, 48, 47,... was not very forgiving. If you showed up and got 10th, you were still 41 points ahead of someone who couldn't make it. With an F1 style system, 10th would be 1 to 5 points ahead of a no-show (depending on the points we decide to assign), which I think will make it more interesting... the F1 season has been very interesting this year, in terms of the points race.

I believe that F1 is a go. Enough of the guys bought theirs already to make it a class. We'll see how it turns out.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I hope we can get a good turnout for Aug 10. I just got the day off work and want to get one race in before the Aug 22-24 weekend. Let's try to get as many electric cars out as we can. Even if we only have 4 or 5 cars it would be nice to race.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

10th won't be good for me, and some others, as it's the last Alberta round of the Western Canadian Champs that weekend....

Is it on this weekend??
Old 07-28-2003, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I got to cross my fingers. I don't think it would effect things that much. Stu you bring your car out on wednesday?
Old 07-30-2003, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Stu.. or anyone else for that matter: do you have any idea of where the Red Deer track is (for the WCORCS race)? I don't have any contact info for the race.... also, it looks like I won't be able to make it on Saturday... just the Sunday, and I want to register so that I'm in the running. Can you have my name put into the system when you register? Gas Truck - Freq 71, 69, 72. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Race will be in Edmonton from the sounds of it, as RedDeer track is closed down now.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:11 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes the RD Track has been closed. The next round is in Edmonton, Aug 9&10. email me if you want to still go and I'll get you registered.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

just my oppipion but if we drop pro mod we should also drop pro stock. dropping pro stock would make for a simple regestration process as we would only have to worry about stock or mod none of this how many laps behind the fastest guy you are. if you go to a real club road race there are gt1 cars on track at the same time as gt 5 cars, getting through trafic is a part of racing and it is the responsibility of the faster car to make a clean pass.
There has also been times when the winner of stock is faster than some of the prostock guys and times when dirvers who sould have been in pro stock were put down to stock because they were strugling with a new car.

Also I know of 10-12 people who say they want to race 12th scale with racing on another day being out of the question what can we do to cater to this. also I was thinking (and I know this is not the standard) we coud mabey cut the races at the club level to 5 min insted of 8 this would cut the boring factor for the marshales and spectators.

And last but not least the horseshoe club is a great venue to race at but it is kinda in the middel of nowhere you have to be going there to get there, this dosent do much for promoting the culb so I think we sould be looking to hold races off site where there is more exposure. I herd that in past the culb has run at many diffrent places suchas deerfoot mall, olympic oval,race city and eau clair on cobble stone. with the popularity of tuner cars and
ilegal street racing I think we could attract some of those people if only they knew we existed.

Just my opoinion
brian
Old 08-02-2003, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Brian,

Opinions are never wrong, but you could at least speel it right !!

I disagree about the club location, it is much easier to get to than the off road track in town..... and is very close to the main roads.

Also I would be very happy to see only 1 Mod and 1 Stock class, I think it would be good for the majority of club members, and would also encourage more racers to come out, I know there would be 2 or 3 people unhappy about this, but I really think the club should not be pandering to the minority anymore.
Also this is just my opinion.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm for just having 1 stock and 1 mod class. Most times we resort after 1 or 2 rounds anyway. At Tri-City races do anyone conplain about having to race fast guys? If so I've never heard them. This would give us 4 classes. Touring Stock and Mod, 12th, and the F1 class. If anyone against this, let us know. So far most people want 2 touring class.
Old 08-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

not saying our loation is bad but I think if we tried to hold a few races at other venues while still raceing mainly at the horseshoe club would get a bit more exposure for the club.

anyone intrestred in going out on monday night?

stu any sing of the car yet?
Old 08-03-2003, 09:18 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What tires are you guys using for our track? I think I am going to bring out the losi for a boot at the trophy race.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

you wouldn't take advice from me anyway would you??

I ran Sorex 28's and found them really nice or CS27's were working too.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

I was running sorex 32 and they seemed to be lacking in grip.
the hot tire seems to be the 138g from yokomo? ian was using these and his car was guled to tthe track. Also we have found that you need to run stiff springs but light shock oil.

it would be nice to get enough people to race on sunday but we have show up early to set up the track. I will be running electric next weekend to get my setup but we need some more cars to get a better idea of what race pace will be like.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

My gas tourer is AWOL, dammit...

And kinda busy this coming Sunday with the Off Road meeting in Edmonton.
But the following weekend would be good for me to do some setup work.

Hopefully see some of you mid week

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.