Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
Attachment 642574
Any news, Nick?????
WTF?! Is that a photo of you circa 1984? Seriously wicked quiff, I used to have a shoe string tie like that! In fact I used to...........NAH! The Eighties are WAY too embarassing to remember, I'm soooo glad we didn't have digital photography and mobile phones back then, I would hate to think that a photo might appear of me DJ'ing in 1986! WTF were we thinking at the time?!

In regards to your Mum, is she handy with the BBQ tongs?
Old 09-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ajac
why is it so quiet in the hood, clown and tea lady?????
Clown no more.....have some respect,yor talking to Australia's greatest Turd Wrangler

Man,the last 40 hrs of my life,i think i may have been living in Ants world..........BIG camera's,celebretie HOT woman everywhere,Big meal,Bowler and Pork pie hats everywhere,Company Credit card for the beers.....HOT WOMEN EVERYWHERE.....Polished Turds.....and the biggest stunner of all,RC was COOL there......
I love my life today

All will be revealed next week......

Nick,yor the MAN

I also revealed to John,that yor the man to talk Turd too
He loved the sound of the floaters...yor Turd department may come in handy in the future

Last edited by Peli; 09-15-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Im sure everyone knows this already (in my defence i have not raced in Australia for a number of years) however the Race organisers of the NSW titles have informed me that Synthesised Radio systems are illegal under AARCMCC sanctioned events. .

I can only assume this is for signal integrity and to ensure no one fiddles with frequency when in the pits while a race is running??

Makes my trusty old 75 meg Synethised 3pks redundant! Annoying when i find out 3 days before the event - i guess i should have read ALL the rules!

I am now told that the Australian sold 2.4ghz modules will not work with the software installed on the 3pks model i have because i purchased it in Qatar (US version)!

My whinge for the day!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

75MHz is actually illegal to use in Australia

Dont know about Australian 2.4G not being able to work on the Futaba. Unless you are talking about Futaba's FAAST system which i know nothing about.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brent j
Im sure everyone knows this already (in my defence i have not raced in Australia for a number of years) however the Race organisers of the NSW titles have informed me that Synthesised Radio systems are illegal under AARCMCC sanctioned events. .

I can only assume this is for signal integrity and to ensure no one fiddles with frequency when in the pits while a race is running??

Makes my trusty old 75 meg Synethised 3pks redundant! Annoying when i find out 3 days before the event - i guess i should have read ALL the rules!

I am now told that the Australian sold 2.4ghz modules will not work with the software installed on the 3pks model i have because i purchased it in Qatar (US version)!

My whinge for the day!
What car are you driving Brent? I may be able to help.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by littlejohn
What car are you driving Brent? I may be able to help.
Little John,

I was intending on running 2WD mod (XXXCR) on saturday and mod truck (XXXT) on Sunday.
I doubt ill have time to prep the 4wd (XX4).

im contemplating buying a used 4pk from this site - bout the quickest solution before the weekend, what do you have in mind??
Old 09-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Little John,

I was intending on running 2WD mod (XXXCR) on saturday and mod truck (XXXT) on Sunday.
I doubt ill have time to prep the 4wd (XX4).

im contemplating buying a used 4pk from this site - bout the quickest solution before the weekend, what do you have in mind??
hmm.. prolly wont help, But I have a Traxxas 2.4 from my ERevo, but only have 1 receiver.

If you got the $$ to buy a 4pk.. I'd go that route..
Old 09-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

My whinge for the day!
I am surprised taht your club has not informed you that 75Mhz is illegal in Australia. It would have saved you a lot of last minute grief. Hope you get it sorted for the titles
Old 09-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My whinge for the day!
I've got a Corona 2.4ghz module for the Futaba and at least 2 receivers,
you're welcome to use, just don't know how to get themtoyou as I'm going up to Maitland on Saturday midday,
let me know if you want to try them
Old 09-16-2010, 01:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peli
Clown no more.....have some respect,yor talking to Australia's greatest Turd Wrangler
you not a clown, your the tea lady, think back to sunday on the drivers stand
Old 09-16-2010, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
I've got a Corona 2.4ghz module for the Futaba and at least 2 receivers,
you're welcome to use, just don't know how to get themtoyou as I'm going up to Maitland on Saturday midday,
let me know if you want to try them
Oldskoolie, appreciate the offer and would certainly take you up on that, however as you said I am not sure how I could pick the system up as I'm flat out at work all day in north sydney tomorrow.
Thankyou very much for the offer though!
Old 09-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

Oldskoolie, appreciate the offer and would certainly take you up on that, however as you said I am not sure how I could pick the system up as I'm flat out at work all day in north sydney tomorrow.
Thankyou very much for the offer though!
Your only chance is if the great NICK MATE is around moorbank tomorrow, he could pick it up from me at work and lives in Ryde
Steve
Old 09-16-2010, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nick and brent. i could pick it up from you tomorrow and bring it to brent on saturday morning. i was looking to head to the track saturday to watch a bit any way. ready for my race on sunday.

let me know brent if you would like that.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nckmat
WTF?! Is that a photo of you circa 1984? Seriously wicked quiff, I used to have a shoe string tie like that! In fact I used to...........NAH! The Eighties are WAY too embarassing to remember, I'm soooo glad we didn't have digital photography and mobile phones back then, I would hate to think that a photo might appear of me DJ'ing in 1986! WTF were we thinking at the time?!

In regards to your Mum, is she handy with the BBQ tongs?
That's not a quiff, It's a Ducks Arse, admittedly a Ducks Arse is usually a hairdoo to describe the back of a womans hair,
but never seen a man's front Duck Arse
Old 09-16-2010, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
I am surprised taht your club has not informed you that 75Mhz is illegal in Australia. It would have saved you a lot of last minute grief. Hope you get it sorted for the titles
And we would have told him too, if we had known prior to this week. As Brent mentioned in his post he has just returned to racing. The first Shane or I knew about this was on Monday. So yeah we could have saved him a lot of grief, had we known.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.