Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
Your only chance is if the great NICK MATE is around moorbank tomorrow, he could pick it up from me at work and lives in Ryde
Steve
Moorebank! Are you serious?! Not tomorrow, tomorrow I'm on the North Shore all day so I can end the day with practice at the Ives. Planned well ahead,

But I do have a 29 meg radio he could use.

BTW, last year I did some research by asking Police and some other emergency services if it is illegal to run 75MHz radios in Austrtalia and they all basically said that "back in the day" that may have been an issue but emergency services don't use 75MHz frequencies anymore because most of them use much higher frequencies. However, marine radios still work on AM 75MHz frequencies and so do CB, but at a much higher power than our radios are capable of. One of the cops I asked said that if 75MHz was illegal there wouldn't be any RC toys sold at Toys R Us, because they are all 75MHz, he also couldn't find any legislation that stated that it was illegal to use that frequency. So my conclusion from this is that there is no current legislation that makes it illegal to use 75MHz frequencies in radio controlled equipment, but the equipment could get interference from a marine radio. I think the only "law" could be an RC law. But I am happy to be proven wrong, if somebody can point me towards the legislation.

Last edited by nckmat; 09-16-2010 at 05:41 AM. Reason: I was tired when I cut and pasted!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Agreed,

we're all big boys here! I should have read the rules and made sure my gear was legal!

Next time gadget!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
Moorebank! Are you serious?! Not tomorrow, tomorrow I'm on the North Shore all day so I can end the day with practice at the Ives. Planned well ahead,

But I do have a 29 meg radio he could use.

BTW, last year I did some research by asking Police and some other emergency services if it is illegal to run 27MHz radios in Austrtalia and they all basically said that "back in the day" that may have been an issue but emergency services don't use 27MHz frequencies anymore because most of them use much higher frequencies. However, marine radios still work on AM 27MHz frequencies and so do CB, but at a much higher power than our radios are capable of. One of the cops I asked said that if 27MHz was illegal there wouldn't be any RC toys sold at Toys R Us, because they are all 27MHz, he also couldn't find any legislation that stated that it was illegal to use that frequency. So my conclusion from this is that there is no current legislation that makes it illegal to use 27MHz frequencies in radio controlled equipment, but the equipment could get interference from a marine radio. I think the only "law" could be an RC law. But I am happy to be proven wrong, if somebody can point me towards the legislation.
It's the 75MHz thats in question... 27, 29 & 40 are all free for all, free for public use. Just like 2.4 & 5Ghz
But even usine 75 is not a real prob these days, although technically speaking it is illegal.

Police, SES, Ambulance etc etc all use Logic Trunked Radios which rely on a carrier signals for talk groups. These days they're all using digital radios which are encrypted so unless you have a more powerful transmitter than them it's not a real problem.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by littlejohn
It's the 75MHz thats in question... 27, 29 & 40 are all free for all, free for public use. Just like 2.4 & 5Ghz
But even usine 75 is not a real prob these days, although technically speaking it is illegal.
Thanks Johnny, fixed it, went a bit silly with the cutting and pasting! I go bed now!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default Radio Frequency

http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_1285

I am not going to pretend that I know anything about frequencies etc, however the above website indicates the approved frequencies/licenses for Radio Controlled equipment in Australia.

Excluding Spectrum/2.4 it appears that the only approved frequencies are 29MHz & 36MHz (for RC aircraft)
Old 09-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr
http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_1285

I am not going to pretend that I know anything about frequencies etc, however the above website indicates the approved frequencies/licenses for Radio Controlled equipment in Australia.

Excluding Spectrum/2.4 it appears that the only approved frequencies are 29MHz & 36MHz (for RC aircraft)
Ya.. that only covers transmitters that are greater than 300mw and less than 1w in power.
I doubt any of our surface transmitters do more than 100mw. From memory the nomadio react/sensors were leading the pack at 100mw
It's a different ball game (sort of) when when using low powered transmitters) You can pretty much do any thing and no one will give a rats but to be legal - such as when you're importing equipment, you need to be only using the free4all frequencies within each band.
In reality, the 75Mhz transmitter isn't really going to cause any issues. Anything much beyond the distance of the track, the signal is going to be too weak to interfere with any equipment operating in that range.
In fact AU, VHF TV only goes up to high 60s MHZ and then FM radio kicks in at 88ishMHz. I don't remember seeing anything in the 75Mhz range so that may be reserved for private licensees.
The important thing to remember is the power of the transmitter. at 100mw or less, no one gives a rats, because the signal will be drowned out by anything legit on that band.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys,

Is there anything on at the Ryde track tomorrow? The website calendar shows "Saturday Dropped Round" - not sure what this means..

Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 09-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey jeremy. i think that racing wont be on tomorrow as the titles are at stives.

although i may be wrong.

come to st ives on sunday and cheer me on in truck lol
Old 09-17-2010, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrjeremyaaron
Hey guys,

Is there anything on at the Ryde track tomorrow? The website calendar shows "Saturday Dropped Round" - not sure what this means..

Thanks,
Jeremy
Saturday is NOT on this weekend due to what Chris said, State titles at St.Ives.
but after this weekend the normal 1st & 3rd Saturday and 2nd & 4th Sunday will be back
Steve
Old 09-17-2010, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Just found this priceless gem that illustrates what a sexy hobby this is. And I stress HOBBY not SPORT as even people who play bowls get more activity than us and they get to drink and smoke at the same time!

But I reckon somebody's roped their sister in as a trophy girl again, or maybe they just dropped around to their local Badda Bing!

Old 09-17-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

And this one is just plain WRONG!

"Pa said he'd take me down the bordello when I get old 'nuff ta pop ma cherry. He said this would have ta do till then."

Old 09-17-2010, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
Just found this priceless gem that illustrates what a sexy hobby this is. And I stress HOBBY not SPORT as even people who play bowls get more activity than us and they get to drink and smoke at the same time!

But I reckon somebody's roped their sister in as a trophy girl again, or maybe they just dropped around to their local Badda Bing!

WTF is in his left hand
Old 09-17-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Good luck to all the RYDE guys at the state titles over the weekend, wish you's all the best , have fun
Old 09-17-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
WTF is in his left hand
His pride.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Check out these beauties. Why would you bother

http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uplo...9/CRCVegas.jpg

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.