Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Is the Specialized foam bumper+kydex still Rubberneck? My first one is significantly different than the second one I ordered (as a backup). The first looks like the picture (two compounds) and the second looks more like a stock hard bumper that's been cut to size.
Same.

They do not router the edges anymore. Employee injury. The bumper + kydex is thinner so it might look a little different.

Jeff
Old 03-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

McGoo-I have a steering block #79278 in stock-let me know if you want it
Old 03-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Oh yea, forgot you had that. Cool beans!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Jeff, I recently purchased a new/sealed 3.9 chassis that didn't have the recessed areas for the steering posts cut out. All the other areas of the chassis were milled out correctly, just not the two steering post spots. It was the newer version of the chassis because it had the holes cut out for the motor guard/fan set. Just wondering if this was an isolated incident.. we were looking to pick up another one and I don't want to have to take a Dremel to a new chassis again.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Silver
dont suppose you have 2??

I just spoke with Mr Magoo, he will most likely be on here later, I am sure he will take it, if not, I will.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
Jeff, I recently purchased a new/sealed 3.9 chassis that didn't have the recessed areas for the steering posts cut out. All the other areas of the chassis were milled out correctly, just not the two steering post spots. It was the newer version of the chassis because it had the holes cut out for the motor guard/fan set. Just wondering if this was an isolated incident.. we were looking to pick up another one and I don't want to have to take a Dremel to a new chassis again.

There were a few that went out that way. We sent the others back. You should not have to dremel the chassis, just zip the nuts on the ballstuds about 1mm on the bellcranks to clear. Justin Zorc ran one of those chassis at the Novak with no problems.

Jeff
Old 03-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BritRacer
dont suppose you have 2??

I just spoke with Mr Magoo, he will most likely be on here later, I am sure he will take it, if not, I will.

let me know if you guys cant round some up down there. i can snag 'em off my Mini-Assassin if need be, as i dont run it much at all.

i -may- be down there this sunday, if all goes well. thinking of going to Joplin, tho... kinda small, but lots closer.

Wes
Old 03-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
There were a few that went out that way. We sent the others back. You should not have to dremel the chassis, just zip the nuts on the ballstuds about 1mm on the bellcranks to clear. Justin Zorc ran one of those chassis at the Novak with no problems.

Jeff
It wasn't a huge deal, two minutes with a dremel bit and a drill press and you can't even tell that it didn't come already milled out. Just wondered if you were aware of that and if it was a one-off incident or not. Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 03-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silver
yahoo!!! i will take it.....shoot me an e-mail @ [email protected] and we will work out payment/shipping..

marc
Old 03-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Okay, this is going to be a little wordy, but hear me out.

In the year and a half since the RDX was released, most manufacturers have released 1 or 2 new cars. In spite of that, you can't mention the top touring cars without including the RDX. That's not too bad considering some of the other manufacturers have MUCH larger teams, and many more resources at their disposal.

Part of this is due to Corally's dedication to improving the RDX rather than releasing a new kit every year. In many ways, the new RDX you buy today is quite an upgrade from the RDX a lot of us bought when they came out. We've followed this thread and stayed on top of the new developments, and it's been a pleasure to buy new parts and not new cars.

I'm the lone Corally driver at our track, well, until two months ago when one of the regulars showed up with a kit he bought on eBay. The best I can tell, it was a first generation UK kit. I've been helping the guy out, giving him used spares and selling him new ones as he needs them. I've also been giving him a steady stream of information on new things that are available, and tips and tricks that I've learned (mostly from this forum) along the way. Tonight he snapped a diff screw (the original style). Even though he was able to get the piece out, and I was able to give him a used old style screw, the plastic nut in the other diff half was shot, and I didn't have one to give him. He was understandably frustrated. When I left the track, it sounded like he was going to buy someone's used FK05 at the track and put the RDX back on eBay.

What I realized is that there's no good resource to learn about the RDX, especially with all the improved parts that have been released that really do make it a much more durable car. In fact, this very thread is about the only place someone can learn about the car, and its history, the quirks its had in the past, and where we're at now. That's a daunting task, and would require hours and hours of someone's time.

So, Corally guys, I'm proposing that you put together some kind of FAQ or updated RDX guide or something that boils down all that information and puts it into one place. New RDX owners, especially those that bought used cars would benefit greatly from a guide like that. Plus, it would be a great resource for people interested in learning about the RDX as potential buyers. You could include information about how to optimize the car for different styles of racing, and provide links to the various upgraded parts they may need.

I realize it's a lot of work, but there's a definite need for this sort of thing. The current generation of the RDX could really be called the RDX 1.5 with all the changes it's gone through, but since the name is the same, it's damn confusing for people that haven't been reading this thread every single day for the last year.

Anyway, just my $0.02. I really felt bad to see someone get frustrated with their RDX over things that wouldn't happen if they'd bought a newer kit, and it certainly doesn't help the car's reputation of being fragile one bit. I found myself wishing there was an upgrade available that included all or many of the pieces that have been replaced so people could easily modernize their car rather than have to figure out every little nuance and design flaw on their own.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Lightbulb shock tower

I need a lowered FT/rear shock tower if anyone can part with 1 I have paypal ...PM me
Old 03-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well put Syndrome!!!!

I'll second that!!
Old 03-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well written SyndrOme. In a perfect world, maybe...But, hasn't Jeff Brown told us everything he could about the future and existing parts?

Also, I have had six different cars (XXX-S, JRX-S, 12L4, Rev 4, YRX12WE and RDX) over the past two plus years and have found the majority of what I needed to know about my cars was on these forums within RCTech.net OR at the track.

Obviously, most of this information came from other drivers as opposed to the manufacturers.

Sure, there was a lot of gleening to do in each of the related forums; but, it has always been well worth my time. And the comraderie and friendship displayed by several RCTech members keep it interesting and entertaining.

OK, spilled my guts.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow, I could hear hail to the cheif playing in the background while I read this Bill ...almost brought a tear to my eye!

RDX Bill for President!!

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Well written SyndrOme. In a perfect world, maybe...But, hasn't Jeff Brown told us everything he could about the future and existing parts?

Also, I have had six different cars (XXX-S, JRX-S, 12L4, Rev 4, YRX12WE and RDX) over the past two plus years and have found the majority of what I needed to know about my cars was on these forums within RCTech.net OR at the track.

Obviously, most of this information came from other drivers as opposed to the manufacturers.

Sure, there was a lot of gleening to do in each of the related forums; but, it has always been well worth my time. And the comraderie and friendship displayed by several RCTech members keep it interesting and entertaining.

OK, spilled my guts.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I will fourth that syndrome. As a new RDX owner, i am having to search through this thread to find what i am looking for. Being a recent Xray addict, one thing i did like was they had their own dedicated forum, but even more importantly, they had a FAQ section on their website/forum. What would be great is to have the same, and even if Corally didn't want to hassle with their own forum, maybe a sticky in these forums that have the FAQ section.

I am calling/e-mailing different folks about my questions, but it would be nice to have a one stop shop to find your answers.

just my .02 as a new RDX owner.

marc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.