Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Customworksking
based on the Novak stock foam setup what changes do I need to try/make for Med to low bite on a small track 36X70
I would use the newest from the Snowbirds. I used this setup last week and it was perfect on my local tight carpet track! Use the extensions and lighter springs in the rear!!

The only chage from the Snowbirds setup I made was to move the steering tie rods onto the inside hole on the steering bell cranks!
Old 03-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Post car

Originally Posted by koabich
I would use the newest from the Snowbirds. I used this setup last week and it was perfect on my local tight carpet track! Use the extensions and lighter springs in the rear!!

The only chage from the Snowbirds setup I made was to move the steering tie rods onto the inside hole on the steering bell cranks!
I was told the novak setup was the same do U have the Birds setup?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Customworksking
I was told the novak setup was the same do U have the Birds setup?
www.corallyusa.com

It's listed there!

They could be the same...I'm not sure!
Old 03-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Wonder if you can help,

Got some "slop" problems with my steering. If i hold the left, or right, i can still turn the one im not holding. I checked that the steering levers were tight and they are. What else can it be? Its quite hard to set-up when you can get a accurate Toe-In reading.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by koabich
www.corallyusa.com

It's listed there!

They could be the same...I'm not sure!
Weird..... I have not posted setups from 2006 Snowbirds. Mainly because no one has provided me with them. They really have not changed much since Novak anyways.

Jeff
Old 03-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mission_carbon
Wonder if you can help,

Got some "slop" problems with my steering. If i hold the left, or right, i can still turn the one im not holding. I checked that the steering levers were tight and they are. What else can it be? Its quite hard to set-up when you can get a accurate Toe-In reading.
Ballcup slop mainly. Usually the cars center up on their own, if anything I would put it down on a flatboard and check it that way.

Jeff
Old 03-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

Ok thanks Jeff. Ive heard that Shui or RPM bullcups are quite good at stoping slop? What do the team drivers use?

Will
Old 03-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Ok thanks Jeff. Ive heard that Shui or RPM bullcups are quite good at stoping slop? What do the team drivers use?

Will
Most of the guys here in Pittsburgh have been using the rpm cups with lunsford titanium turnbuckles...including Dan Hartman and ray Darroch
Old 03-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Weird..... I have not posted setups from 2006 Snowbirds. Mainly because no one has provided me with them. They really have not changed much since Novak anyways.

Jeff

Opps, my mistake...then it was the Novak ones I was using. They are pretty much perfect!
Old 03-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

does anyone know where i can pick up som duraluminum steering blocks - they seem to be back ordered - so if any of your LHS have them in stock, please pm me -

i have a big race coming up and i need to make my car as bullet proof as possible -

thanks,
marc
Old 03-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Will
Lunsford Ti and RPM work real well. They are tight at first, but wear in. The Shoecracker cups are too big. You would have to use there ball studs as well.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
does anyone know where i can pick up som duraluminum steering blocks - they seem to be back ordered - so if any of your LHS have them in stock, please pm me -

i have a big race coming up and i need to make my car as bullet proof as possible -

thanks,
marc
Did you get the Specialized R/C foam and plastic bumper set? I haven't broken a single part yet and I've been running modified rubber as of late
Old 03-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo

thanks,
marc
corally usa has them in stock
Old 03-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Jeff just said they werent dood.... and he works there.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is the Specialized foam bumper+kydex still Rubberneck? My first one is significantly different than the second one I ordered (as a backup). The first looks like the picture (two compounds) and the second looks more like a stock hard bumper that's been cut to size.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.