Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by koabich
Constant toe out does give you more initial on-power steering. But remember that bump steer gets worse as the suspension compresses. So think of it like this: Going into the turn, you have minimum bump steer but as you reach the apex of the turn, your car leans over more and more causing inconsistant toe throughout the turn. This leads to inconsistant handling because though out the turn, your toe is constantly changing.
Thats what I was thinking that it would be inconsistent, but I was also wondering if it was what Big rigg said, Is the toe -out on the outside tire or the inside tire? It makes sense that steering would be worse if the outside tire has toe-out.

Woody
Old 04-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC_Woody
Thats what I was thinking that it would be inconsistent, but I was also wondering if it was what Big rigg said, Is the toe -out on the outside tire or the inside tire? It makes sense that steering would be worse if the outside tire has toe-out.

Woody
As I stated in my first post, when you turn left, your right suspension arm is the one that compresses. So a car with bump steer would have toe-out on the outside wheel.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

As I stated in my first post, when you turn left, your right suspension arm is the one that compresses. So a car with bump steer would have toe-out on the outside wheel.
I guess I didnt read it careful enough. That makes sense now.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

I guess I didnt read it careful enough. That makes sense now.
No problem at all...I hope this helps as was not too confusing!!
Old 04-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

No problem at all...I hope this helps as was not too confusing!!

without having my car infront of me to test this... If the outside tire gets some toe-out, then does the inside tire get some toe-in?

Woody
Old 04-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

without having my car infront of me to test this... If the outside tire gets some toe-out, then does the inside tire get some toe-in?

Woody
It's possible. The amount of toe in you would get would depend on how much droop you allow. Less droop = less toe in.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Finally went out to try out my rdx fot the first spin yesterday.....
It was good.. I got it almost good as my fk05( had the car for over a year) just out of the box!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing I couln't figure out was when I turn the steering to either side it would shake like crazy!!! as if it was rubbing on something... It wasn't. I've tried to limit my exp + d/r on my m8 but when it gets around 80% or higer it would shake so bad I was affraid to drive it...... Any one?

only thing I could think of is -shim behind the wheel adptor with tamiya shims

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx alot guys
Old 04-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You could try that, sometimes it's just the cvd's chattering. The only way you can really fix that is to turn down your steering travel like you already have. Also, put a shim or spacer on the steering knuckle where it hits the caster block at full lock steering. This will prevent the inside wheel from turning too far and putting the cvd's at an extreme angle. I would just dial in more steering through suspension setup to get it to rotate more. The result will be a much smoother car.

-Korey
Old 04-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

New arm is now available!!

http://www.corally.com
Old 04-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
You could try that, sometimes it's just the cvd's chattering. The only way you can really fix that is to turn down your steering travel like you already have. Also, put a shim or spacer on the steering knuckle where it hits the caster block at full lock steering. This will prevent the inside wheel from turning too far and putting the cvd's at an extreme angle. I would just dial in more steering through suspension setup to get it to rotate more. The result will be a much smoother car.

-Korey
Thanx for the quick reply.....
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand,I was thinking putting the shims on behine the cvd pin... just b4 the hex adaptor.. is that what you are saying?
if not would you happend to have any pics on it? that would help alot

thanx again
Old 04-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1shnot
Thanx for the quick reply.....
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand,I was thinking putting the shims on behine the cvd pin... just b4 the hex adaptor.. is that what you are saying?
if not would you happend to have any pics on it? that would help alot

thanx again
There is not much gap between the pin and knuckle. So, shims would not help much. I think Korey meant putting them between the wheel itself and the hex.

Jeff
Old 04-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Looks like new arms and narrow rear hubs are on the list of things to buy. Presumably, we'll want the harder arms for carpet.

Can we pre-order? Please please? :-)
Old 04-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I haven't broken an arm in months, but I had to switch to soft arms up front. Seems like now that I'm driving better, I hit stuff mainly with the front of the car. I've killed a bumper plate and kydex lower bumper, but no arms. More durability is good though. I wonder if I'll need to stock on up hingepins.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
There is not much gap between the pin and knuckle. So, shims would not help much. I think Korey meant putting them between the wheel itself and the hex.

Jeff

yeah... found out shimming between the pin and the hex does not help nor putting the shim between hex and the tire does not help either..... I still get the violent shakes when I turn my wheels what is going on?
Is this a common thing for rdx? or just mine?
Old 04-07-2006, 07:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does it shake when the car is sitting still or just when moving?
If so, are you sure it's not just your servo? Try disconnecting the turnbuckle on the servo and turn the wheel.
Also, have you set the End Point Adjustment so the servo does not try to keep turning after the steering blocks have hit the lock?

take care
john

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.