Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mcfly
isnt the minimum weight 1725 grams for racing, if you go under your disqualified?
Yes, but many club races don't weigh the cars. Also even for Roar races having a car that is underweight you then add weight where you want it to be. That is why many people are snapping up the brass battery trays made by ybslowinc.com Add the weight low and centered.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default weight talking

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Yes, but many club races don't weigh the cars. Also even for Roar races having a car that is underweight you then add weight where you want it to be. That is why many people are snapping up the brass battery trays made by ybslowinc.com Add the weight low and centered.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:28 AM
Tech Adept

Here are some pics of my car. with the touring body the weight is 1730 Gr (inc empty fueltank, full tires, body and receiver battery). I dont really want to go any lower as in most races the weight minimum is 1700 Gr and in some others it is 1725 Gr. I havent weighted the car with the lola body but i guess it shouldnt be much more.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice_nl
Here are some pics of my car. with the touring body the weight is 1730 Gr (inc empty fueltank, full tires, body and receiver battery). I dont really want to go any lower as in most races the weight minimum is 1700 Gr and in some others it is 1725 Gr. I havent weighted the car with the lola body but i guess it shouldnt be much more.
The cars look great! Those are some really nice paint jobs!
Old 10-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Would any one of you buy a used Teammagic G4S RTR?
Old 10-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice_nl
Nice paint job.... Such a waste to see that piece of art get bashed during the race...
Old 10-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I finally weighed the RRR evo WC drivetrain using the exact same parts and same scale as the NT1.

198 grams for NT1 with lightweight 1st, 2nd, titanium 2 speed hub, oneway spool

229 grams for EVO WC standard, hollow shafts and new style spool
Old 10-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

YBSlowinc.com is working on some ways to make the drivetrain lighter.

I put my entire car on a serious diet tonight and got it down to 1669 grams. That is using an IB 1100 mah nimh battery. My skyline 1400mah battery actually weighs 25 grams less. I actually have ways to make it a bit lighter, but I am not sure how much more I can get off the car.

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 10-07-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default battery pack AAA

Does anynone use AAA battery pack on the RRR?
questions:

1) would this team magic AAA pack fit on the RRR?Is it possible for someone to converse it into a proper shape battery pack like the standard 2/3A batteries?

2)is it possible to make a battery pack myself If i buy 5 1,2v AAA rechargeable batteries like the GP 1100 MAh 1,2v?

i'm asking because these kind of batteries are much lighter than the 2/3A 6v battery packs,but..do they have the same power?
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-114062.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-pic_nimh_1000_blister.gif  
Old 10-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
Does anynone use AAA battery pack on the RRR?
questions:

1) would this team magic AAA pack fit on the RRR?Is it possible for someone to converse it into a proper shape battery pack like the standard 2/3A batteries?

2)is it possible to make a battery pack myself If i buy 5 1,2v AAA rechargeable batteries like the GP 1100 MAh 1,2v?

i'm asking because these kind of batteries are much lighter than the 2/3A 6v battery packs,but..do they have the same power?
You certainly can make your own battery packs with those. I used to make my own battery packs when I ran the MTX3.

If you make your own pack with those and put it on the k-car you will probably have to shift the battery off of the centerline of the car they might hit the steering servo. Also, they may not have room to go to far as they might hit the throttle servo, but I don't think they will. If you put a low profile throttle servo (futaba 9550 or ko..) then it will fit under that servo. The bigger problem will be getting the battery in and out of the car. You will have to try and put it in from the top and that could be a bit tricky. All of the above is if you lay the batteries flat.

If you build it like the Team Magic pack I doubt it clear height wise. There is barely enough room with the regular pack.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default AAA battery pack

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
You certainly can make your own battery packs with those. I used to make my own battery packs when I ran the MTX3.

If you make your own pack with those and put it on the k-car you will probably have to shift the battery off of the centerline of the car they might hit the steering servo. Also, they may not have room to go to far as they might hit the throttle servo, but I don't think they will. If you put a low profile throttle servo (futaba 9550 or ko..) then it will fit under that servo. The bigger problem will be getting the battery in and out of the car. You will have to try and put it in from the top and that could be a bit tricky. All of the above is if you lay the batteries flat.

If you build it like the Team Magic pack I doubt it clear height wise. There is barely enough room with the regular pack.

i'm talking for somthing like that.take a look at the pics and indicate the height and space difference from a standard pack.Moreover each battery weights 12,4gr.that makes us a total of 5*12,4=62gr!!!!i hope it will work the same as the 2/3a battery pack.the pics are just an example.it's not the AAA pack ready yet.As soon as i get it i'll let you know the results...
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-10102007360.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-10102007361.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-10102007362.jpg  
Old 10-11-2007, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default measuring rear track width

when measuring the rear track width
do you guys measure from the rim under the wheel nut or from the back of the car where the wheel is on an outward angle (toe)

ive set my car up as per the book with 4.5mm between the rear arm and pillow ball, my car is measuring 199mm under the wheel nut and 200mm at the back of the tire.

thanks
Old 10-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr
when measuring the rear track width
do you guys measure from the rim under the wheel nut or from the back of the car where the wheel is on an outward angle (toe)

ive set my car up as per the book with 4.5mm between the rear arm and pillow ball, my car is measuring 199mm under the wheel nut and 200mm at the back of the tire.

thanks
At a big race, they will usually measure your car by sticking it inside a solid box and if anything stops it from going in, you're illegal so you should count the widest portion of the tire.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Hello guys I just purchased a WC Edition V-RRR while putting it togather I noticed on the servo saver I had three different bottom halfs that I could put on. One bottom had the number 12 the next one had the number 11 and the last one had the number 10 . What does this mean?? Will putting on a different bottom half affect the alkerman steering effect??
Old 10-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
Hello guys I just purchased a WC Edition V-RRR while putting it togather I noticed on the servo saver I had three different bottom halfs that I could put on. One bottom had the number 12 the next one had the number 11 and the last one had the number 10 . What does this mean?? Will putting on a different bottom half affect the alkerman steering effect??
Yes. If you compare the three you will see the holes are in different spots. Start with the number 11

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.