Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Same here, live and race in SoCal. It was just a friendly comment and joke towards STLNLST. I too like the car. No retorts to needed justify all those sponsorships hehehe. It does seem like quite a few more than 6 though. Shoot I know 3 guys just in my club sponsored by HB, and I had no trouble putting a few laps on them at the track. They are great guys though, good hobby reps in general.

BTW, I really want to change cars this season some time. Thinking about the HB, BD-5, S500 and Xray '09. I just need to take a LONG hard look at the HB to determine what aspects I like over the others just as I do with any chassis that I purchase. Parts isn't a big deal, I think I spent a total of $40 last year on parts for the TC5, as I rarely break. Usually replace parts from wear and tear instead.

What is the deck height if you don't mind me asking. I will be changing LIPO's as well and will want to use an undertray to add weight to keep it clean looking. This is a huge buying factor for me. I hate seeing added weight.

Last edited by rezenclowd3; 03-12-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Well, I know the HB car you half to grind down 1/4 inch off the side mount and then a 5000 lipo will fit.

Well changing cars or teams is something I am a expert on....I have ran for many companies...

Now I choose to buy from companies who support us.... HB , orion, novak, AE, Kopropo, speedtech, fusion hobbies, etc..
Old 03-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Keep testing.Just make sure to comfort Jaime letting him know that its ok and that because of you, he is not alone because he is running a 415 now and is in the way and in the B. I would rather pay for my sh*t and run a Cyclone,then run a blue pile of dung for free.

Now that Yokomo is back he's probably going to get one of those anyway. I'm going to copy and paste your comments to Jesse.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
HB seems to sponsor just about anyone in CA. If your located there it seems you should just ask and maybe your wish would be granted You don't even have to be fast.

Before they went sponsor crazy I tried to get on but they never replied. In fact I aquired about a sponsorship with them before Scotty Oh well......it's all good. At least my boy Sean is representing
Old 03-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Tech Champion

Same here, live and race in SoCal. It was just a friendly comment and joke towards STLNLST. I too like the car. No retorts needed justify all those sponsorships hehehe. It does seem like quite a few more than 6 though. Shoot I know 3 guys just in my club sponsored by HB, and I had no trouble putting a few laps on them at the track. They are great guys though, good hobby reps in general.

BTW, I really want to change cars this season some time. Thinking about the HB, BD-5, S500 and Xray '09. I just need to take a LONG hard look at the HB to determine what aspects I like over the others just as I do with any chassis that I purchase. Parts isn't a big deal, I think I spent a total of $40 last year on parts for the TC5, as I rarely break. Usually replace parts from wear and tear instead.

What is the deck height if you don't mind me asking. I will be changing LIPO's as well and will want to use an undertray to add weight to keep it clean looking. This is a huge buying factor for me. I hate seeing added weight.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Oops had to fix wording, messed this one up:
"No retorts needed TO justify all those sponsorships hehehe"

Without the "to" I sound like an arse.

King of B Main, thanks for the info on the bulkhead grinding. Korey JUST told me the same thing too. Thanks guys.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King of B Main
Well, I know the HB car you half to grind down 1/4 inch off the side mount and then a 5000 lipo will fit.

Well changing cars or teams is something I am a expert on....I have ran for many companies...

Now I choose to buy from companies who support us.... HB , orion, novak, AE, Kopropo, speedtech, fusion hobbies, etc..
King of B Main, thanks for the info on the bulkhead grinding. Korey JUST told me the same thing too. Thanks guys.
I think I only had about 2.5mm - 2.75mm milled off mine. And I'm running a Thunder power 5000 with the PPD lipo tray. It also balanced L/R with with out adding more lead, just had to add 70g to get it up to weight, which I put down the center.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
After I sent you the pic of the killer meatloaf this is how you treat me I'll be driving my Blue friend testing a few things this weekend If HB would sponsor me and send me a free kit I'd run it again, but until that happens there will be a blue car lapping you for a while
I posted that way before the meatloaf pic was sent.

Nobody is sending you a free kit in this economy. You'll just have to be independant and "SMART" about this. Have fun keeping Jaime company in the "B".

Keep testing.Just make sure to comfort Jaime letting him know that its ok and that because of you, he is not alone because he is running a 415 now and is in the way and in the B. I would rather pay for my sh*t and run a Cyclone,then run a blue pile of dung for free.
AMEN JESUS! SPEAK BROTHA SPEAK!!!!

If you need those arms before this weekend you better set something up with me or get them from me Sat. at the track.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Advil

Nobody is sending you a free kit in this economy. You'll just have to be independant and "SMART" about this. Have fun keeping Jaime company in the "B".

If you need those arms before this weekend you better set something up with me or get them from me Sat. at the track.
I haven't been in the B yet with the new car The economy may be bad but they could still send me a free kit Save those arms because you will need them after I put you into the wall Thanks to you and Hicks....I cried myself to sleep last night

HIRO are you listening????????
Old 03-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Same here, live and race in SoCal. It was just a friendly comment and joke towards STLNLST. I too like the car. No retorts to needed justify all those sponsorships hehehe. It does seem like quite a few more than 6 though. Shoot I know 3 guys just in my club sponsored by HB, and I had no trouble putting a few laps on them at the track. They are great guys though, good hobby reps in general.
I see guys in my game that say they are "sponsored by" but what does that mean? They don't show up in the factory adds?
Maybe they got a discount, maybe they know a guy who back doored a car or some parts. That still makes them posers if they claim to be sponsored.

back in the late 80s I knew a guy at a motor co. and he was into bikes too. I was pretty fast and all the sudden I had more motors than I knew what to do with. Did that mean I "sponsored" IDK? I didn't have any requirements for signage, or race schedule.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Nice...Jesse has a thick skin.He can take it.Jaime is struggling so bad right now.About 10 of us were practicing at Norcal yesterday and we were all trying to help him get his car to work.He threatened yesterday to put his brand new 415 that he got for free, away and bring out his BD because he can't make it work.Does Yokomo America take welfare cheese as payment,because if they don't Jaime is not getting a BD5 any time soon.
Now that Yokomo is back he's probably going to get one of those anyway. I'm going to copy and paste your comments to Jesse.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

I will call you today.Thanks man!
Originally Posted by Advil

Old 03-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

Nice...Jesse has a thick skin.He can take it.Jaime is struggling so bad right now.About 10 of us were practicing at Norcal yesterday and we were all trying to help him get his car to work.He threatened yesterday to put his brand new 415 that he got for free, away and bring out his BD because he can't make it work.Does Yokomo America take welfare cheese as payment,because if they don't Jaime is not getting a BD5 any time soon.
What's he trying??? Maybe the only car he can drive is a Yokomo Did you let him wheel your cyclone?????
Old 03-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by balistic
I see guys in my game that say they are "sponsored by" but what does that mean? They don't show up in the factory adds?
Maybe they got a discount, maybe they know a guy who back doored a car or some parts. That still makes them posers if they claim to be sponsored.

back in the late 80s I knew a guy at a motor co. and he was into bikes too. I was pretty fast and all the sudden I had more motors than I knew what to do with. Did that mean I "sponsored" IDK? I didn't have any requirements for signage, or race schedule.
Bro, it really doesnt matter who is sponsored or who isnt....Its not that big of a deal....Most companies make you sign a contract before they pick you up...
Old 03-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Hell no he is not running my Cyclone!I keep telling him to quit over thinking the setup and get something from Jesse or ABR.I drove it,it was not bad,but he kept going backwards cause hes a hard head.
What's he trying??? Maybe the only car he can drive is a Yokomo Did you let him wheel your cyclone?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.