Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
i made a tray that fits around the battery 2 keep it form moving

the tray goes all the way around the battery and is screwed to the chsaais

the pic is of the prototype that i make out of a piece of 3mm lexan i have since made 2 outa some 2.5 mm carbon fiber

if any one wants more picsc i can post more 2 night
can you post picks of it without the battery (and perhaps all the weights) in the way?

i dont use weights on my car, i drift it and im not really worried about the weight dist being perfect, as long as it slides ^_^

i was considering building somthing out of lexan, but i saw a plastic box like holder made by a company called ATOMIC that apprently fits on any chassis.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

here u go
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-dscn0936a.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-dscn0937a.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-dscn0938a.jpg  
Old 05-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So I go to the Reedy race this weekend and see what this car can do. In all honesty, i thought i have already driven my Moorespeed Cyclone to it's limit and as far as set up, it was not gonna get any better that what it was. I was seriously considering getting a new car..something different. My car was great at Speedworld. But to my surprise, after handing Hiro my car to see if my beat up cyclone had any more life to it, it woke up. And not just "it's good where it is" type, but "WOW...it is the best it has ever been". I would occasionally put down my TA05 IFS and just sigh and say to myself.."why can't my Cyclone handle like this?" Well...at that time, i concluded that the shortcoming of teh Cyclone was the fact that it had 2 different size belts and the balance was off. I was wrong. It handled better than any other sedan could. It allowed me to win my qualifier, but not good enough to make the A. Had i taken my car to Hiro the day before, i think i had a great chance of being in the A. Needless to say, i have a new reborn loyalty to my Cyclone. Thankyou Andy, Colin, and Hiro for helping me with my car. Thankyou Jarrod and Steve for also making sure i could get ready for my race. Looks like the Cyclone is gonna stay. Im probably gonna get another one now. Cheers!
Old 05-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Cya sunday, charlie McMasterBarnes!

and if ur setup is as awesome as you make it out to be...

i want a setup sheet so i can put it on my Hara Cyclone haha.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean

ditto here
Old 05-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
So I go to the Reedy race this weekend and see what this car can do. In all honesty, i thought i have already driven my Moorespeed Cyclone to it's limit and as far as set up, it was not gonna get any better that what it was. I was seriously considering getting a new car..something different. My car was great at Speedworld. But to my surprise, after handing Hiro my car to see if my beat up cyclone had any more life to it, it woke up. And not just "it's good where it is" type, but "WOW...it is the best it has ever been". I would occasionally put down my TA05 IFS and just sigh and say to myself.."why can't my Cyclone handle like this?" Well...at that time, i concluded that the shortcoming of teh Cyclone was the fact that it had 2 different size belts and the balance was off. I was wrong. It handled better than any other sedan could. It allowed me to win my qualifier, but not good enough to make the A. Had i taken my car to Hiro the day before, i think i had a great chance of being in the A. Needless to say, i have a new reborn loyalty to my Cyclone. Thankyou Andy, Colin, and Hiro for helping me with my car. Thankyou Jarrod and Steve for also making sure i could get ready for my race. Looks like the Cyclone is gonna stay. Im probably gonna get another one now. Cheers!
my car isnt purple.. but i stole the "geometry" of the Cyclone from Joven and Korey... put it on my car...and BOY did i have a great set up. too bad the car was better than the driver.

it's definitely nice to have support from team drivers.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Hiro san, u got pm. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hey does anyone drift with their cyclones?
Old 05-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

i'm planning on it, just gotta solder on some deans and i am ready.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MKO3jzgte
hey does anyone drift with their cyclones?
I personally not but I'm sure there are a lot of people using it for drift. Hotbodies already has a Cyclone Drift spec came out.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i've tried to drift mine but the way i had it set-up gave it more grip even with ABS tires...
so now i'm just sticking with my yokomo because i'm more used to it.Also i dont have the cash to buy replacement belts.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Charlie,
First of all, it was great to see you last weekend at the Reedy.
I'm glad i could help you. yes i watched your run after i worked on your car and the car looked dialed. Also your driving was i think worth to make the A if you had more runs. That was a little too late, but you did awesome Charlie.

Whenever there is something i can do for you, please feel free to let me know. I will see you at your race next time!

Thanks,
-Hiro
Old 05-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EJ20
Hi Hiro san, u got pm. Thanks.
Hi George, yes i got your pm. i will get it back to you by email!

Thanks!
-Hiro
Old 05-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
Cya sunday, charlie McMasterBarnes!

any guys got any setups from the reedy race
Old 05-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Hi George, yes i got your pm. i will get it back to you by email!

Thanks!
-Hiro
Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.