Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I got happy right before the main when Scotty broke a knuckle on his warm up lap. I started yelling I beat Scotty, I beat Scotty! Do you know this guys changed out a knuckle and was back on the starting grid just shy on the 2min race delay He must have had some practice changing those before
I've changed a few knuckles before!!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

so, who won yesterday??
Old 03-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
so, who won yesterday??
The fat guy won and TQed.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

i knew he tq'd, but i couldnt stay for the mains. i had to get home for my son's birthday party. the fat guy sure is fast with his car, isnt he? wait,,,i know it isnt a cyclone tho, lolol
Old 03-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Shocks Leak?

Hi, just want to ask about the new TC shocks or the new special coated shocks see if anybody have an oil leak from the bottom? I got some info. is put 0.2 thick shim between shocks body and the O ring. But so far it's still have a problem. Anybody have any idea? Thanks!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i knew he tq'd, but i couldnt stay for the mains. i had to get home for my son's birthday party. the fat guy sure is fast with his car, isnt he? wait,,,i know it isnt a cyclone tho, lolol
Yeah, I'd tell you to go back to your own thread but I'm afraid I might get arrested the next time I see you! LOL
Old 03-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
Yeah, I'd tell you to go back to your own thread but I'm afraid I might get arrested the next time I see you! LOL
Just bring him a Donut signed by Hara
Old 03-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

no need to worry advil, lol,
i do believe that the fat guy would take any car he drove into the winners circle tho. i dont think the brand of car would make a difference to him.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

hey stlnlst, did you ever beat scotty? no, i didnt think so,lol, wait, isnt he still running a cyclone?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EJ20
Hi, just want to ask about the new TC shocks or the new special coated shocks see if anybody have an oil leak from the bottom? I got some info. is put 0.2 thick shim between shocks body and the O ring. But so far it's still have a problem. Anybody have any idea? Thanks!
Adding shims may make the leak worse. It will put added pressure and could cause the o-ring to distort and not seal correctly. Try building the shock with a new o-ring. Be sure to lube the shock shaft and o-ring with shock oil or green slime so they will slide together smoothly. Sometimes putting these together unlubed can damage the o-ring just enough for it to leak.

Are all your shocks leaking?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Adding shims may make the leak worse. It will put added pressure and could cause the o-ring to distort and not seal correctly. Try building the shock with a new o-ring. Be sure to lube the shock shaft and o-ring with shock oil or green slime so they will slide together smoothly. Sometimes putting these together unlubed can damage the o-ring just enough for it to leak.

Are all your shocks leaking?
Thanks, all the shocks seems wet at the bottom on the ball connecters. I will replace new o-ring and keep track for that. Thanks!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Hello everybody ,

I have a question , i went racing on sunday and it was really good excepte one thing , i need a bit more mid corner steering .
I had more than enough entry steering but for mid corner exit i need a litle bit more steering if its possible .
The track is carpet medium traction quite flowing , and when i raced at the same place before with a tighter layout , i also needed more mid exit steering.
My current setup is the following :

Controlled tires are SWEEP 32 ,

front

ride height : 5.25 mm
droop over ride height :3.5 mm
base role center ( under pivot blocks ) : 1mm
role center under camber links : 3mm
1.5 camber
0.5 toe out
pink spring with 50w oil
1.5 in-board toe block
silver roll bar ( 1.4mm )
shock positon #2.5
spool
ackermann 2mm

rear

ride height : 5.75 mm
droop over ride height : 4mm
base role center ( under pivot block ) : 1mm
under camber link : 2mm
1.5 camber
3.0 in-board toe block
copper roll bar ( 1.2mm )
silver spring with 45w oil
shock position #3.5

It was ran on a WCE cyclone .
If anyone could give me any advice of how to have more mid corner and exit steering it will be much appreciated .
Thanks for any help .
The 4mm ackerman is what I'd recommend to start on a flowing medium traction carpet track. I haven't had much luck running less spacing (more ackerman) on carpet with rubber unless it's a tight point-and-shoot track. You'll find that the car carves around the turns more predictably.

Also try moving the front arms all the way back. It will put more weight over the front and give you more mid and exit steering.

As a general comment, you must be getting a lot of roll out the car... normally I don't see carpet/rubber setups with low roll centers and soft springs (looks like a pavement setup). I find on carpet it takes away some responsiveness out of the car.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks, all the shocks seems wet at the bottom on the ball connecters. I will replace new o-ring and keep track for that. Thanks!
And make sure that you're using the stock o-rings and not the 38755 Competition O-rings as listed in the Hara cyclone build guide. The comp. o-rings are super smooth but they leak big time. I have no idea how the guy gets them to work... maybe you're supposed to motor spray them to enlarge them before you lube them.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

hey stlnlst, did you ever beat scotty? no, i didnt think so,lol, wait, isnt he still running a cyclone?

I've already beat him with his cyclone so been there done that. The question is....will you ever make the same main as Scotty?????
Old 03-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

EJ20 i had the same crappy leaking shocks also.. spent many times using different O-rings and different rebounds to try and stop leakage. Me and my buddy that runs the TC cyclone had the same exact problems... But our other buddy that runs the Moorespeed edition never complains about it. Come to think of it, my black cyclone and my Surikarn never had a problem. There are different part numbers for the shock bodies between the TC and the previous cars..... so i compared the difference between the shock bodies, and found the older version bodies, anything other than the TC was different. the bottom portion of the older shock body had a smaller INNER DIAMETER than the TC ones.. but same size O-ring?!?!?!? swapped shock bodies(running older type) on the new TC and problem is pretty much fixed!!!!! i checked close up pics of Hara's cars and he is also running older shock bodies with the newer chassis?!?!?!? You can tell because the older shock bodies are threaded all the way down to the bottom shock cap.. The TC ones are only threaded about 2-3mm above the lower shock cap...
Remember to use new O-rings and apply o-ring lube.

good luck and LMK how it works!!
Arv.

PS all the front end breakage concerns, caused 3 drivers to switch to other cars for durability.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.