Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The difference is where you measure from. the results are really the same. If you are measuring from the bottom of the arm or c hub you will get a different reading from every chassis. Measuring from the axle should give you the same regardless of chassis as long as they all have the same ride ht you will have the same amount of lift.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irvinew
I have to ask this question; Last weekend I was racing my TC6.2 and had a great time and had my car looked at by one of the more senior drivers there. I dont' know what car Ivan my new friend drives but it
isn't an associated. He remarked that had pretty much 0 droop in the front which is bad. We worked on the droop issue and the car was fixed using the hudy droop guage method. At first we put it at 4 on the
guage all the way around and altered I believe the rear a little after getting a feel of the car.

I thought it was okay but I eventually went back to Randy Castor's method of 35mm front, 34mm droop rear for the TC6.2. Though before was good; I went back because i already had the car this way
and was familiar on how it handled which felt dialed. I went back home and measured how much droop over ride height this method really was, it about 1mm over ride height on the front. My ride height is 5.

So I have to ask; Randy if your reading this; is 35mm front/ 34mm rear (on 10mm blocks) a setting most favorable to this car because of its design? With more droop in the rear you will get more traction in the front is my assesment; I really liked your method but find most people have more droop in the front.

I guess there's a good chance I really screwed things up but I can't see how. I did have the shocks mounted at the time.

So now I have 34mm in the rear and 33 in the front; most of the Xray drivers there run a simple 3mm over ride height front and 2mm over ride height rear; I am wondering this method of 3mm over ride height
favors the T4 because of its design. Of course we have an older a tad more bumpy carpet track so may that is why there is more droop.

Sorry for the noob question; I am still learning how droop and weight transfer can affect the handling of the car.
34mm rear and 35mm front is just where I usually start off with droop. I prefer less droop up front because I like the front tires to stay planted and give more steering on power, this can be a little hard to drive so if you would like the car to transfer more weight to the rear on power then run more front droop (maybe 34mm all around) Although I don't really know anyone who runs it, you may even prefer more front droop than rear droop. Really it's just something you have to play with and see what works best for you. This past weekend on carpet I ran 36.5mm front and 35mm rear, so basically next to no droop all around.

If you take out too much rear droop the car will get upset easily off-power, so play around with it but remember if the car starts acting weird then go back to settings that worked before.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:44 PM
jpx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
34mm rear and 35mm front is just where I usually start off with droop.
Could you post any numbers to compare this basic setup with the other methods of measuring?
1. droop measured at the outside of the A-arms with the droop-gauge?
2. droop measured as uptravel over ride hight? Andhow much ride hight do you set for this?
Old 02-11-2015, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

34mm rear and 35mm front is just where I usually start off with droop. I prefer less droop up front because I like the front tires to stay planted and give more steering on power, this can be a little hard to drive so if you would like the car to transfer more weight to the rear on power then run more front droop (maybe 34mm all around)
I measure my droop under the arms and would like to compare my current settings of 5.5 front and 4.5 rear with yours Randy. When measuring using the axle method is it from the top of the axle to the ground on 10mm blocks? Sorry if this has already been described.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by jpx
Could you post any numbers to compare this basic setup with the other methods of measuring?
1. droop measured at the outside of the A-arms with the droop-gauge?
2. droop measured as uptravel over ride hight? Andhow much ride hight do you set for this?
I don't even own a droop gauge to measure droop at the outside of the arm... Uptravel over ride height is roughly 3mm front and 4mm rear for outdoors. I typically am between 5-5.5mm ride height depending on the track surface.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by scoyle
I measure my droop under the arms and would like to compare my current settings of 5.5 front and 4.5 rear with yours Randy. When measuring using the axle method is it from the top of the axle to the ground on 10mm blocks? Sorry if this has already been described.
It was described a while back but don't know where the post is now so no worries! Yes it is to the top of the axle on 10mm blocks.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Test

I have tested the RSD servo mont on high grip carpet.

The car didn't seemed faster but easier to drive.

Fred
Old 02-15-2015, 12:16 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fredB
I have tested the RSD servo mont on high grip carpet.

The car didn't seemed faster but easier to drive.

Fred
Did you use the whole set or only the servo mount without the brace for the steering posts?
Old 02-15-2015, 12:19 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

I don't even own a droop gauge to measure droop at the outside of the arm... Uptravel over ride height is roughly 3mm front and 4mm rear for outdoors. I typically am between 5-5.5mm ride height depending on the track surface.
Thanks Randy!
Should be able do the comparing on my own now!

Last edited by jpx; 02-17-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jpx
Did you use the whole set or only the servo mount without the brace for the steering posts?

I have just tested the servo mont yet.

Fred
Old 02-17-2015, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

RSD is out of bladders and o-rings. What's the next best thing that fits the TC6.2 shocks?
Old 02-17-2015, 01:58 PM
rMa
Tech Rookie

I prefer Team Associated FT Low Friction X-Rings #91493 over the RSD ones.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slashdriver
RSD is out of bladders and o-rings. What's the next best thing that fits the TC6.2 shocks?
Originally Posted by rMa
I prefer Team Associated FT Low Friction X-Rings #91493 over the RSD ones.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:31 PM
jpx
Tech Adept

So finally after second day of testing with my new 6.2 I can say I'm very happy with the car!
Up to now I'm not significantly faster than with my 6.1wc (less than .1sec) but I find it much easier to do consitant laps.

Btw. concerning droop:
Yesterday I felt fine driving with 6 front and 4 rear ont the droop gauge, which I measured compares to 35.5 front and 33.8 rear on the outside axles.
I might try and change to 5 in the rear next time.
Didn't measure uptravel over ride hight. Ride hight was 5.2/5.4 front/rear.

Last edited by jpx; 02-21-2015 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anybody got a fix for trackshon rolling getting way to much tractshion in fast corners thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.