Old 02-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

need that for my 6.2......
Old 02-06-2015, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coolair
need that for my 6.2......
Look a few posts back and you can see the parts for the 6.2.

PM me if you would like to check them out.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

About to start qualifying at the ROAR Regionals at TQ Raceway. My 6.2 has been very fast in practice just hoping for some clean runs in qualifying. Been able to string 15 or so laps together but have yet to put together a clean run so we'll see how it goes!

Old 02-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Very beautiful chassis! I hope it is going to be successful for you
Old 02-08-2015, 08:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I've had the pleasure of pitting next to Bill Jeric of Tuning Haus this weekend, didn't know him well before this race but gotta say he's such a nice guy! Got some of his 6.2 parts today and am extremely impressed with the quality!

Old 02-08-2015, 05:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

And after 3 days straight at the track the ROAR regionals have finally come to an end! On Friday I was so far off pace that I really didn't think I was going to attend this weekend but glad I stuck it out because I learned a ton and got my car going really well. Gotta give a huge thanks to Keven Hebert for letting me blow up his phone all day yesterday asking for setup advice, and Steve Weiss for offering advice today at the track! Qualified 2nd and finished 2nd with a win and 2 2nd place finishes in the AAA mains.

Now that I have an idea of how my car should feel on carpet I'm going to stick to it and get some more track time before the season is over. I was able to match the laps of Fred Hubbard who took the win, but he drove flawlessly and I kept bobbling. Just need some more track time to close the gap!
Old 02-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congrats. Glad you stuck in there. The AE TC6.2 is more than capable once you get your setup to match your driving.

Great job
Old 02-09-2015, 06:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Default RSD top plate

I have tested last week the RSD top plate on high grip carpet.

The RSD top plate seems really better than the original one.

No more strange flex on high grip carpet !

Fred
Old 02-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I've had the pleasure of pitting next to Bill Jeric of Tuning Haus this weekend, didn't know him well before this race but gotta say he's such a nice guy! Got some of his 6.2 parts today and am extremely impressed with the quality!

Bill is a super great guy!
Very professional as well. I love talking with him when I can.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by fredB
I have tested last week the RSD top plate on high grip carpet.

The RSD top plate seems really better than the original one.

No more strange flex on high grip carpet !

Fred
I was actually going to try different upper decks, but Steve Weiss suggested I tried this trick with our stock upper deck. As you guys have seen in previous pictures, my steering posts are cut down, but this will work just the same with a completely stock servo mount/steering post setup. I cut down an extra steering post and to make a spacer so I could run another screw through the upper deck to stiffen the front of the car up a bit. On track this really smoothed out the front end of the car and made it a lot easier to drive. If you have cut down steering posts like mine you can make the extra spacer out of a #31609 steering post, if your car has stock posts you could easily just use spacers and run a screw through them with a locknut on the other side. Very easy trick to get a completely different steering feel on high bite surfaces.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Ok bud,
I made a floating bumper top plate for the TC6/6.1 so that it is no longer a structual member of the front bulkheads like the TC6.2
It does however, butt up against the bulkheads so as not to break in a frontal impact.
I post an as installed picture later when I get home.
Had missed this post till just now...

Nice, very! how can I purchase it?
Old 02-10-2015, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have 2 TC6.2, s for sale.
Tons of spares.
$475.00
FREE shipping anywhere in north america.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

I have to ask this question; Last weekend I was racing my TC6.2 and had a great time and had my car looked at by one of the more senior drivers there. I dont' know what car Ivan my new friend drives but it
isn't an associated. He remarked that had pretty much 0 droop in the front which is bad. We worked on the droop issue and the car was fixed using the hudy droop guage method. At first we put it at 4 on the
guage all the way around and altered I believe the rear a little after getting a feel of the car.

I thought it was okay but I eventually went back to Randy Castor's method of 35mm front, 34mm droop rear for the TC6.2. Though before was good; I went back because i already had the car this way
and was familiar on how it handled which felt dialed. I went back home and measured how much droop over ride height this method really was, it about 1mm over ride height on the front. My ride height is 5.

So I have to ask; Randy if your reading this; is 35mm front/ 34mm rear (on 10mm blocks) a setting most favorable to this car because of its design? With more droop in the rear you will get more traction in the front is my assesment; I really liked your method but find most people have more droop in the front.

I guess there's a good chance I really screwed things up but I can't see how. I did have the shocks mounted at the time.

So now I have 34mm in the rear and 33 in the front; most of the Xray drivers there run a simple 3mm over ride height front and 2mm over ride height rear; I am wondering this method of 3mm over ride height
favors the T4 because of its design. Of course we have an older a tad more bumpy carpet track so may that is why there is more droop.

Sorry for the noob question; I am still learning how droop and weight transfer can affect the handling of the car.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Your droop question is interesting any you tube videos out there to review, I am coming from off road so wanted to see how all this is done.

Edit:

Found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQt6iv175mw

Last edited by Cridd; 02-10-2015 at 03:34 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.