Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

In off-road I lower ride height or make turnbuckles longer or stiffer spring all for less body roll. On road will be interesting to hear.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottZ
anybody got a fix for trackshon rolling getting way to much tractshion in fast corners thanks in advance
Couple easy tricks that you can do without changing your setup are sauce less of the front tire (maybe the inner 3/4) and if that doesn't work put glue on the outer sidewall of the front tires.

Another trick that worked great for me on the 6.2 is connecting the steering brace with the upper deck. This really mellowed out the steering response a lot and made the car much easier to drive.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Got a couple videos from practice this past Thursday at TQ Raceway. Ive got the car working very well but I still feel like theres a bit left in it. My guess is to compete with the top guys in the US I've gotta find about another .2-.3 consistently... so I'll be back next Thursday with a new list of things to test!

Sorry for the low quality vids.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

First time posting a YouTube video on here, anyone have an idea why the code didn't work correctly?

Last edited by Randy Caster; 02-21-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottZ
anybody got a fix for trackshon rolling getting way to much tractshion in fast corners thanks in advance
This is a common question but there is little anyone can suggest until we know what your setup is.
Please post the suspension settings and we can go from there.
Some of the most common things to change when traction rolling is to lower ride height, lower roll center and reduce droop. After that, softer springs and more negative camber.

By the way... right click your mouse over words that have a red squiggly line under them to see correct spelling suggestions.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Yo dog would softer springs make the car dig in more and roll?
Old 02-21-2015, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
Yo dog would softer springs make the car dig in more and roll?
The key is to get the car to roll more. Softer springs will ultimately allow that to happen.
Think of it as the car lifts on the inside, the softer outside springs will lower under the weight transfer of the car rather than act as a high pivot point whereas harder springs won't compress as much. That being said... It would be best to lower the roll center first so that there is more force initiating chassis roll rather than making the suspension too squishy with soft springs. The second thing would be less droop as this will reduce the tendency of the springs to lift the inside of the car when turning.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for explanation.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looking for a starting spur pinion setup for stock 17.5.

Running a novak vulcan motor.

I race at leisure hours raceway in joliet. Big asphalt track.

New to onroad so any advice would be awesome
Old 02-25-2015, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JasonR/C
Looking for a starting spur pinion setup for stock 17.5.

Running a novak vulcan motor.

I race at leisure hours raceway in joliet. Big asphalt track.

New to onroad so any advice would be awesome
Not sure what pitch your running but start at 3.90 FDR and check your temps, depending on how big and flowing the track is, you may be able to run a lower FDR (smaller number).
Old 02-25-2015, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
The key is to get the car to roll more. Softer springs will ultimately allow that to happen.
Think of it as the car lifts on the inside, the softer outside springs will lower under the weight transfer of the car rather than act as a high pivot point whereas harder springs won't compress as much. That being said... It would be best to lower the roll center first so that there is more force initiating chassis roll rather than making the suspension too squishy with soft springs. The second thing would be less droop as this will reduce the tendency of the springs to lift the inside of the car when turning.
You might try changing the oil.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default steering

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Couple easy tricks that you can do without changing your setup are sauce less of the front tire (maybe the inner 3/4) and if that doesn't work put glue on the outer sidewall of the front tires.

Another trick that worked great for me on the 6.2 is connecting the steering brace with the upper deck. This really mellowed out the steering response a lot and made the car much easier to drive.

hi Randy just wondering where can i get the cf part that you have for the steering and did you use the stock standoff and go threw the upper and lower chassi
Old 02-26-2015, 03:47 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2056dennis
hi Randy just wondering where can i get the cf part that you have for the steering and did you use the stock standoff and go threw the upper and lower chassi
Just use and cut the kit parts. 😉
Old 02-26-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Running 1 dot all around for inserts. Our club track is back to its smaller more tighter chicane version. Just looking for suggestions if any on the insert choices if needed; the turning I like; at first I thought it was a little more aggressive but I think I like it now. Droop is 35mm front, 34mm rear which really translates to 1.5mm ORH front, 2mm ORH rear. 3 hole 1.1 piston 35 wt oil in shocks. Low grip track
Old 02-27-2015, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default setups

hey folks... got my new tc6.2 built and run one day.
where are some setups for LOW grip carpet? the associated site doesn't have any
Also were are you getting shock pistons... 1.1 x 3 hole?

thanks!
Old 02-28-2015, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm using Reflex Racings 1.1 x 3 holes pistons.

https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co...es_p_1318.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.