Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys, we will be releasing a new Spring kit for the TC6.2 over the weekend. These new springs are 1mm shorter, for a better range of adjustment and also are now slightly over-sized to 13.5mm, instead of the previous 13.0mm. The new springs will come in 13.0,14.0,15.0 and 16.0 lb springs.

In testing the springs we found the bigger diameter to make the car easier to drive and have better bump compliance. The springs will also be a direct fit to the TC6 shocks without any modification or need for different spring cups.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I agree totally really annoying to mix and match yokomo etc springs I hope team set ups will use AE springs and pistons with the new car

Originally Posted by daveb
why is it that the setups posted on RC10 they always have some other brand spring or piston? What standard piston would be comparable to 3x1.1? I'm assuming the biggest maybe I'll run to the store and Losi 56's....Any suggestions what I should try as I plan on small carpet track. My TC6.1 has 47.5/AE Blue/#2 rear and 40/AE Silver/#2 front. I guess I'll do the same.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

ae has a few things to get correct with the kit yet such as the rear diff shimming, and the front bearing cap's camber ball studs rubbing with the spool, as well as the battery holder, the battery just slops around in there. i think not making the bumper connect to the front bulkhead was a mistake... i might be breaking a few of those overall the kit seemed to go together fairly well it took me about 4 hours to fully assemble it without electronics. I am looking forward to running this beast around the track to pilot a new winning season of tc

oh i almost forgot to mention it wouldnt be ae without building/gluing the cars inserts in on the suspension components and still having loads of slop before the first run... one day it might work out but as for my 6.1 apparently slop is fast
Old 01-03-2014, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
In the case of my setup with 1.1 x 3 pistons, I am using AE's blank piston set and drilling three 1.1mm holes.

AE Blank Pistons

Using other brand springs gives a finer range of adjustment and sometimes they just work better. The reality is that AE silver springs are the only rate in the AE range that is normally used. In some cases, the blue or green may work but only rarely. RSD makes a wide variety of springs that work perfectly with the TC6.2.
I totally understand Rick. I've raced sedan since the TC3 days and AE has the same spring kit. I buy AE because it's well known, easy access to parts, quality, US Company, etc..... I don't want to buy a kit and have to buy brand x piston in which I have to mail order to different places that otherwise I would never do business with. I live in UT and most shops are off-road. UT is also home of some of the one of biggest mail order places and distributor and yet they don't carry RSD or Yokomo. Minor issue but buying local helps the hobby. The off-roAd line offers tuned springs, when will AE offer a sedan set?
Old 01-04-2014, 04:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Use O Rings to help remove slop from battery mounting. Most all brand cars have the same amount of slop. Thers is slight slop for many reasons,battery casing sizes will vary slightly,Rules may change in near future slightly.Some prefer loose to avoid tweak ect ect.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car-tag6.2.jpg  
Old 01-04-2014, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Use O Rings to help remove slop from battery mounting. Most all brand cars have the same amount of slop. Thers is slight slop for many reasons,battery casing sizes will vary slightly,Rules may change in near future slightly.Some prefer loose to avoid tweak ect ect.
You running HoB Max tomorrow?
Old 01-04-2014, 04:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
You running HoB Max tomorrow?
No, Got second car built..Going to SC for high bite testing and next weekend away up North.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No, Got second car built..Going to SC for high bite testing and next weekend away up North.
Got it, I may see you up north next weekend. Justin and I may do a hit and run up there.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Get tired of that xray I sold ya a few months back
Old 01-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Kevin Hebert, what inner camber link mount (1,2, or 3) on your carpet setup?
Old 01-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbodog
If I may

I beleive he is running short links all around.
DJC
Old 01-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by turbodog
Originally Posted by mtbboy
If I may

I beleive he is running short links all around.
DJC
Yes thanks dave, I am running 1 so short links all around ! I made a new setup sheet I will get posted soon, on a proper 6.2 setup sheet. It is a general setup I have been using at my last 2 races.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks! Car built great. Can't wait to run it next weekend.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Got my 6.2 two Friday's ago and built it per the Box set up. Put on the track Friday at my local track which is a low bit track and ran it in the USGT class and it ran very well. Won the seconded heat and TQed. Led the whole A main from start to finish. Still need to get more grip both front and rear, but not a bad first night.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Hey guys, we will be releasing a new Spring kit for the TC6.2 over the weekend. These new springs are 1mm shorter, for a better range of adjustment and also are now slightly over-sized to 13.5mm, instead of the previous 13.0mm. The new springs will come in 13.0,14.0,15.0 and 16.0 lb springs.

In testing the springs we found the bigger diameter to make the car easier to drive and have better bump compliance. The springs will also be a direct fit to the TC6 shocks without any modification or need for different spring cups.
Got 6.2 coming, this would be a good set to have, what is the part number?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.