Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

By the way, I'm guessing your track is clockwise, hence increased tire wear on the left side. If you swap tires left to right each run, it should help. It's usually not a good idea to swap front to back, though.

-Mike
Old 01-20-2014, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by grippgoat
By the way, I'm guessing your track is clockwise, hence increased tire wear on the left side. If you swap tires left to right each run, it should help. It's usually not a good idea to swap front to back, though.

-Mike
I havent swapped tires in a fairly long time, but ill try that as well i know the far will "feel" different due to the tire now wanted to wear the opposite way

Last edited by rc car guy; 01-20-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Has anyone noticed that the cars rf and lr and about equal weight and the lf and rr are equal? I have gone through my ENTIRE car and nothing is bound up or bent this is with moving the battery, and eltronics around and weight to make sure the car was suppose to be perfectly balanced, i undid all the screws top bottom and such and put it on the scales and it was really close like 3 grams off per tire, and then i started tightening screws down and the numbers did the same thing i started with the bottom and worked my way to the top using a star pattern to tighten them
Old 01-20-2014, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc car guy
Has anyone noticed that the cars rf and lr and about equal weight and the lf and rr are equal? I have gone through my ENTIRE car and nothing is bound up or bent this is with moving the battery, and eltronics around and weight to make sure the car was suppose to be perfectly balanced, i undid all the screws top bottom and such and put it on the scales and it was really close like 3 grams off per tire, and then i started tightening screws down and the numbers did the same thing i started with the bottom and worked my way to the top using a star pattern to tighten them
You will need to use setup wheels for balancing the corners.

Adjusting the shock collars left to right will skew your results..
you can play with the collars to get a more desirable result .
Old 01-21-2014, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mtbboy
You will need to use setup wheels for balancing the corners.

Adjusting the shock collars left to right will skew your results..
you can play with the collars to get a more desirable result .
The shocks collars were turned down 5 turns no droop in the car either
Old 01-21-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Few things..

First NO droop...? That's not a great thing with a TC... avg cars work best with 1-1/2 to 3mm front droop and 2-4mm rear droop over ride height. I personally run 1.5-2.5 front and 2-3 rear depending on tracks. Those droop settings are droop over ride height (Up travel). There are many top drivers now even playing with more higher droop.

Yes like said..Make sure wheel's you are using are equal..Like set up wheels or a new pair of tires. A used set of tires for set up can give unbalanced #s as tires are not always same size once ran a few times even thou them may look or measure the same.

Also, Try and loosen up 2 screws on top servo mount post and reset those.(I personally don't run those 2 screws on top servo brace that connect to steering post)

Also on rear behind motor..Loosen those 2 screws on center pully mount left side there and re-tighten as it could be holding a tweak there is you had any hits.

Last edited by John Tag; 01-21-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the tweak info. What do you gain by not tightening the screws over the steering post?

Last edited by JustWill75; 01-21-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by John Tag
Few things..

First NO droop...? That's not a great thing with a TC... avg cars work best with 1-1/2 to 3mm front droop and 2-4mm rear droop over ride height. I personally run 1.5-2.5 front and 2-3 rear depending on tracks. Those droop settings are droop over ride height (Up travel). There are many top drivers now even playing with more higher droop.

Yes like said..Make sure wheel's you are using are equal..Like set up wheels or a new pair of tires. A used set of tires for set up can give unbalanced #s as tires are not always same size once ran a few times even thou them may look or measure the same.

Also, Try and loosen up 2 screws on top servo mount post and reset those.(I personally don't run those 2 screws on top servo brace that connect to steering post)

Also on rear behind motor..Loosen those 2 screws on center pully mount left side there and re-tighten as it could be holding a tweak there is you had any hits.
For the test I had no droop I run droop in my set up... as for the screws as I mentioned befored I loosened EVERY screw in the car and reset it so the only thing I didnt try where the set up wheels ill try those later tonight
Old 01-21-2014, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Default New setup posted

I've added Keven Hebert's latest TC6.2 setup sheet from his win at the ROAR Region 2 Championships at Horsham.

Keven Hebert - ROAR Region 2 - Horsham
Old 01-21-2014, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I've added Keven Hebert's latest TC6.2 setup sheet from his win at the ROAR Region 2 Championships at Horsham.

Keven Hebert - ROAR Region 2 - Horsham
Cool and thanks

also ygpm
Old 01-21-2014, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Thanks for the tweak info. What do you gain by not tightening the screws over the steering post?
Never tried it with, When I was sent my kit a Team driver told me not to install those 2 screws..So I never did. If you look at Keven's set up sheet in the notes he also has that written down. I'm guessing more steering and also less chance of tweak.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc car guy
For the test I had no droop I run droop in my set up... as for the screws as I mentioned befored I loosened EVERY screw in the car and reset it so the only thing I didnt try where the set up wheels ill try those later tonight
I used to use corner scales, but they are finnicky. I'd lift the car by shock tower holes to check left/right balance. Then get you droop spot on with droop gauge. Put car on stand and spin the springs to feel for even tension. Put the car down on the setup board. Then lift one end of the car with a wrench on centerline and check that wheels lift at the same time. Adjust spring collars at opposite end of car if necessary. Then spin the car around and repeat. That's the most reliable way I've found to remove suspension tweak.

-Mike
Old 01-22-2014, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I used to use corner scales, but they are finnicky. I'd lift the car by shock tower holes to check left/right balance. Then get you droop spot on with droop gauge. Put car on stand and spin the springs to feel for even tension. Put the car down on the setup board. Then lift one end of the car with a wrench on centerline and check that wheels lift at the same time. Adjust spring collars at opposite end of car if necessary. Then spin the car around and repeat. That's the most reliable way I've found to remove suspension tweak.

-Mike
Alright so i figured it out i believe, I was looking for something that were the exactly the same such as set up wheels except i didnt have those so I used alligator clips, on the axle however still experiencing some cross angle weight problems but at least all 4 tires are within 15 grams now its very difficult to get the same weight reading each time ill try the wrench lifting technique next I did an average reading on all 4 tires, with the car race ready-body and got all 4 tires with in 6 grams on the average twice they were within a gram. I guess thats good enough a lot better than i had it thanks for the info guys I did take out the 2 steering post screws on top

I also have a question about the set up sheet which set of mounts is the inner and outer the outer ones being the one towards the end of the chassis the inner the ones towards the center of the chassis?

Last edited by rc car guy; 01-22-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiefj48
I received my kit about a week ago, and just finished the build. I was in no rush, and only worked on it a couple of hours a night. I read somewhere in this thread, that someone built the kit in four hours... I find that hard to believe, but then again anything is possible..

I per-ordered my kit direct from AE, and had to call a few times to find out why it wasn't shipped sooner then it was, and had it checked out by a supervisor. Once they looked into the problem, it was sent out that day.

The kit came in a brown box, with no markings, or factory seal, other then shipping tape with warning not to accept if tape was broken. I thought this was odd, but no big deal....

I opened the kit, and started the build. Now let me say I've been building RC cars for over 25yrs, and know my way around them....
I'm sure a lot of you had no problems with you kits, and I'm not upset with what I found in mine, BUT, my kit was missing hardware, had wrong hardware, and it just seemed like parts were not placed together in groups as I have seen in other kits....

The reason I am posting this, is I feel sorry for the newbee who would have had no clue what to do, or have the missing, and incorrect hardware in stock, as I did.... I know of a few that gave up on their kits, and either sold them off, or had someone else build the kits.

This is my fifth AE car, and I'm surprised that a company as big as AE doesn't have better quality control, or better instructions.......
I'm sure the car will preform well, and I look forward to comparing it to my "A" car also.....

I do agree the AE parts are everywhere, and easy to come by....

Anyone else have problems with their kits, or am I the only one????

Your not the only one. I've built 8 kits from associated and this was the worst one. Parts in wrong bags,Parts missing and a lot more. I finally gave up and waited until my son and his friend came and helped me. Who ever made these instructions ,it must have been a Friday and they had to much to drink
Old 01-22-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by speeddaddy
Your not the only one. I've built 8 kits from associated and this was the worst one. Parts in wrong bags,Parts missing and a lot more. I finally gave up and waited until my son and his friend came and helped me. Who ever made these instructions ,it must have been a Friday and they had to much to drink
Well I feel your pain!!!
I wonder how many others have had the same problem???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.