Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
This is correct. TC4 arms in the rear but TC5 arms in the front with a re-drilled shock position.
Rick do you have any pics on how and why this is being done
Is this just for mod / stock ? ???
Old 07-13-2014, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubblehead
GizmoTRL, I'll be looking for you at Debbies, then there will be two.

Ron
Looking forward to it. The turnout has been great so far since the track has been done, probably the best iv ever seen since i got stationed here and found Debbies. I pit outside near the corner of the building, fell free to stop by and say hey. I will be there the 25th and 26th but i wont be racing on the 26th. Ill just be turn marshaling and working on my mod setup for the big race in a few weeks getting some practice laps between heats.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GizmoTLR
Looking forward to it. The turnout has been great so far since the track has been done, probably the best iv ever seen since i got stationed here and found Debbies. I pit outside near the corner of the building, fell free to stop by and say hey. I will be there the 25th and 26th but i wont be racing on the 26th. Ill just be turn marshaling and working on my mod setup for the big race in a few weeks getting some practice laps between heats.
You pit next to Tony?
Old 07-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bubblehead
You pit next to Tony?
Yep. I pit by Tony, Phil, Andrew, and Jamison
Old 07-13-2014, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Yep. I pit by Tony, Phil, Andrew, and Jamison
I'll look for you there.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Is there a certain gear diff to put in the front to replace the spool? I bought a Spec-R diff and put it in the rear and put the original rear gear diff in the front and now the entire casing wont move. Do i need to do anything different?
Old 07-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default Front gear diff

Is there a certain gear diff to put in the front to replace the spool? I bought a Spec-R diff and put it in the rear and put the original rear gear diff in the front and now the entire casing wont move. Do i need to do anything different?
Are you sure you have it oriented correctly? It should just drop straight in. You may also want to go to a much stiffer gear oil for the front. 2.5M works for me.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

What do you mean entire casing?
Old 07-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Im running 100k in the front diff. The outputs and gears inside move normally. I dropped the diff in the bluk head with the same settings as the spool (low cam, 8 tension) and it does not spin in the bulk head. Its frozen so much that my 6.5t motor cant even spin it. But as soon as i put the spool back in, it moves just fine.

So again, is there a different diff housing that needs to be used for the front? Or can i just use the rear one since i have the Spec-R in the rear?

You may also want to go to a much stiffer gear oil for the front. 2.5M works for me.
what are u using for 2.5m fluid? Link and description please?
Old 07-15-2014, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www.teamgravityrc.com/store1/...29&id=26632441

Old 07-15-2014, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Im running 100k in the front diff. The outputs and gears inside move normally. I dropped the diff in the bluk head with the same settings as the spool (low cam, 8 tension) and it does not spin in the bulk head. Its frozen so much that my 6.5t motor cant even spin it. But as soon as i put the spool back in, it moves just fine.

So again, is there a different diff housing that needs to be used for the front? Or can i just use the rear one since i have the Spec-R in the rear?

Mine rubbed on the rear shock tower, check to make sure its clearing. Also make sure that your belt tension isnt crazy tight. It might change from spool/gear diff. Also make sure it spins freely before you put the upper bulkheads on. Also make sure that you dont have a bent bulk head upper/lower or a broken/twisted shock tower. Maybe you have a major tweek in the front bulkheads?
Old 07-15-2014, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

When is the next version upgrade expected from TC6.2?

I have a TC 6.1 NIB, that I've been contemplating building up for VTA, and getting a new chassis for TC stock class racing. I have been considering a 6.2, but could wait for the next version.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

AE wasn't in a hurry with new versions in the past. The 6.3 or 7 will be released by the end of 2015, if they continue their rhythm. What I can imagine is an upgrade kit with optimized parts after the world championship. Maybe an aluminium chassis...
Old 07-16-2014, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

^^ Thanks. What's with the movement to aluminum chassis?
Old 07-16-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not sure about it... At first I thought it should bring the weight lower to the ground, but then the manufacturers make them as light as the standard cf chassis. Then I thought it brings flex characteristics for highgrip conditions and therefore has an advantage, but commercial says it is good for low grip also So I don't know.
What I know is that it changes the car and that some drivers like it or it suits their cars setup... Until now I haven't seen someone in my region becoming faster with one. Lets wait for Christians (RSD) explanation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.