Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc car guy
Why? Im running a 100? Other than moving your motor slightly rearward whats the difference?
The main difference for me was that I looked at the fdr chart in the manual, and with a 96t I can get all the optimal fdr's that all of my tracks uses around here in the PacificNW. And from what I've been reading....tracks across the country are in similar fdr ranges.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default Herbert carpet setup springs

Anyone know the part no(s). for the Yokomo Pink and Yok Blue springs Herbert uses?

I'm also curious why he uses Yoke pistons for the shocks..

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TJames987
Anyone know the part no(s). for the Yokomo Pink and Yok Blue springs Herbert uses?

Thanks.
No but you can google to find out the part number if you have a 14.5-15.0lbs front spring and a 13.5-14.0 rear spring is what its close to I believe as for the piston its quality the three hole piston feels a lot better in my opinion compared to the two hole a lot more consistent
Old 01-19-2014, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJames987

Thanks.
Here you go. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Long-Type-Pink
Old 01-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Smile How high to mount the diff?

Ok guys,
What's the descission making process behind deciding the best height to run the diffs.
Is it to run them as low as posable to keep the CG low?
Or is it to keep them in line with the wheel hub to keep the axel close to the horizontal?
Or is there a third consideration?
I run with foam tires so I do run down to some smaller diameters. So ride height and geometry does change compared to rubbers.

What's your thoughts?

Steve H
Old 01-19-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speeddaddy
May I ask what are those 2 post you have mounted on your battery holders. I am looking for a better (faster) way to secure my batteries then using tape or a nylon strap?
Those are from Reflex Racing. They are the after market battery hold down for the X Ray T4.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Why? Im running a 100? Other than moving your motor slightly rearward whats the difference?
Just a great balance of ratios to work with. 96 is most common in lots of TCs now days. Also easier to get the FDR lower for the bigger tracks.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

ok so i have another question this time reguarding weight distribution towards the rear of the car, in the slower corners of our track the right of the car turns faster than the left of the car, i have added weight to both sides of the car to balance it left to right and i have twenty grams towards the rear of the car on purpose, now l/r is 2grams off but the left rear tire is 30g heavier than the right rear tire, i have about 8 grams behind the motor i can add to the right side of the car, should i do this? also i have the esc mounted about halfway between the servo, and the motor moved all the way forward, to also try and balance the car on all 4 tires, do you think this is the problem? the camber, ride height, droop is set correctly, the tire wear is a bit un even, with the right side not have an inner ring, however the left side does not the ring of death for tires but its a wear sign
Old 01-19-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Took her on her maiden voyage yesterday and she ran great. Need to fine tune it a little, but over all very happy. Only real issue is my driving, the walls keep calling me, ended up bending the alum servo arm and breaking the plastic one. Looking for a good servo saver for a spectrum 6040, any ideas?
Old 01-19-2014, 11:27 PM
rMa
Tech Rookie

First time on the track with the TC6.2 last night. Started with Keven's setup and made some small changes between runs. Took 0.2s off my best lap in our short (now 7.45s) technical track and made a full lap improvement in the result, even though there were some major errors on the way! I feel there is even more room for improvement with setup changes even though the car is already really fast. I'm amazed how big the difference is compared to the TC6.1WC I had.

Originally Posted by mtbboy
Planted and deadly precise. Very responsive to even the smallest of setup changes.
Order one. Now.
+1
Old 01-20-2014, 04:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Adonis_mp
Took her on her maiden voyage yesterday and she ran great. Need to fine tune it a little, but over all very happy. Only real issue is my driving, the walls keep calling me, ended up bending the alum servo arm and breaking the plastic one. Looking for a good servo saver for a spectrum 6040, any ideas?
This is what I use..

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-JR-Airtronics
Old 01-20-2014, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

ok so i have another question this time reguarding weight distribution towards the rear of the car, in the slower corners of our track the right of the car turns faster than the left of the car, i have added weight to both sides of the car to balance it left to right and i have twenty grams towards the rear of the car on purpose, now l/r is 2grams off but the left rear tire is 30g heavier than the right rear tire, i have about 8 grams behind the motor i can add to the right side of the car, should i do this? also i have the esc mounted about halfway between the servo, and the motor moved all the way forward, to also try and balance the car on all 4 tires, do you think this is the problem? the camber, ride height, droop is set correctly, the tire wear is a bit un even, with the right side not have an inner ring, however the left side does not the ring of death for tires but its a wear sign
Sounds like a suspension tweak to me. Either springs or swaybars.

-Mike
Old 01-20-2014, 05:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Those are from Reflex Racing. They are the after market battery hold down for the X Ray T4.

Thank You Thank You
Old 01-20-2014, 05:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by grippgoat

-Mike
Like Mike said..Look for Tweak.

Make sure all your shock pre-loads are even..Sway bars are even length..Shocks are all same length. Then also make sure your top deck is not holding your car in tweak. Loosen top deck and re tighten in star pattern. Do the same for shock towers. They finally check your left and right travel ,ake sure both wheels are turning the same * say 25* each way left and right equal.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by grippgoat

-Mike
I check for physical tweak after each big hit but I didnt think about suspension thanks for the info ill check it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.