Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
There are multiple levels of sponsorship, typically starting out at 50% off of parts and then up from there. Some contracts will also offer bonuses for good results at large races regardless of your discount level. Then there are the guys you see winning races week after week that are actually making a living doing this, but that kind of contract is typically reserved for the top 15-20 racers in the world in their respective classes. I won't talk about my contract personally, all I will say is that I'm glad to be a part of Team AE!
That's cool. The more you spend, the more you save! I like that LOL.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There are multiple levels of sponsorship, typically starting out at 50% off of parts and then up from there. Some contracts will also offer bonuses for good results at large races regardless of your discount level. Then there are the guys you see winning races week after week that are actually making a living doing this, but that kind of contract is typically reserved for the top 15-20 racers in the world in their respective classes. I won't talk about my contract personally, all I will say is that I'm glad to be a part of Team AE!
glad you are here...welcome
Old 12-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Ah yes; racers now being paid. I guess I come from an era where comic books were 75 cents; Racers raced for free and Joel Johnson we all figured was a some sort of cardboard photograph standing in front of a trinity motor; not sure why we thought that joke was funny but anyways... thanks for your help on the droop; way easier to calculate and the car was awesome on the track; handled I felt way better than before. Isn't it easier though to forget the 10mm blocks and just rest the chassis on the setup board? 24mm in the rear, 25 in the front?

Viperz: your right... my car was very under geared. I upped it to a low 4 fdr and it is alot more responsive; mind you I am testing the rsd chassis on it too.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by irvinew
Viperz: your right... my car was very under geared. I upped it to a low 4 fdr and it is alot more responsive; mind you I am testing the rsd chassis on it too.
You would notice a significant change in the gearing you came from to where you are now. Will you be attending the WCICS race your club is hosting?
Old 12-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (70%+)

Going to start building my kit tomorrow. I have read most of the pages here good info. I am looking for a good rubber tire setup medium carpet. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by wood_train; 12-18-2014 at 06:30 PM. Reason: X
Old 12-19-2014, 01:51 AM
Tech Adept

Isn't it easier though to forget the 10mm blocks and just rest the chassis on the setup board? 24mm in the rear, 25 in the front?
That's what I do. Just don't forget to remove the battery tape and check the bumper or loose screws to have the chassis really rest on the setup board. BTW, on carpet I'm mostly at 24.5 / 25.5.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ViperZ
You would notice a significant change in the gearing you came from to where you are now. Will you be attending the WCICS race your club is hosting?

Yeah I'll be there; I'm interested in seeing how your tuning haus parts perform.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wood_train
Going to start building my kit tomorrow. I have read most of the pages here good info. I am looking for a good rubber tire setup medium carpet. Thanks in advance.
I had good success with Sorex 28r; Jaco Blues were rather mediocre for me

Track Low-Medium Grip.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah I'll be there; I'm interested in seeing how your tuning haus parts perform.
Okay, hope to meet up with you there. I get to try the car this weekend and see how it works out.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wood_train
Andrew Cartwright setup on AE's site is a good starting point. From there you can make changes. I just got mine going a few weeks ago and it was a good base setup. Of course most people change the pistons to RSD and the springs to Yokomo or RSD.

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...t_ECC_2014.pdf
Old 12-19-2014, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

^^^ Agreed. My setup is based on this as well, its a great starting point.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rugspin
Andrew Cartwright setup on AE's site is a good starting point. From there you can make changes. I just got mine going a few weeks ago and it was a good base setup. Of course most people change the pistons to RSD and the springs to Yokomo or RSD.

I think it produces alot smoother ride, blue springs up front and light blue springs in the rear. RSD pistons, bladders, springs and don't forget to drill the hole in the cap. I think most people like the Yok springs but you have to monkey with the spring or get different spring cups for it to work.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rugspin

That's a great starting point. I have another I have been running lately....also been testing the RSD suspension
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car-6.2-cartwright-srcr.jpg  
Old 12-19-2014, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (70%+)

Thanks guys rsd springs, bladders, pistons, and spring retainers ready to go
Old 12-20-2014, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

I think it produces alot smoother ride, blue springs up front and light blue springs in the rear. RSD pistons, bladders, springs and don't forget to drill the hole in the cap. I think most people like the Yok springs but you have to monkey with the spring or get different spring cups for it to work.
I'm running the Yokomo springs with the stock spring hats and EXO aluminum lower cups, basically stock AE size, so no real modifications. The only thing I don;t like about this setup is the white paint on the Yoks are chipping off at the top by the plastic hats.

I have RSD bladders, pistons and drilled caps. I may go back to the AE springs once the Yoks start looking really trashy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.