Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samnelso
I try to blue thread lock everything that threads into metal.
That might be overkill.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I use purple thread lock on most screws. Blue has a tendency to be more permanent than you wish for if you use a tad too much or you don't use the screw often.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Blue, you only need to use thread lock on the cvd's.
Like many people I found that the CVD's bind very quickly with the set screw in place. I wouldn't thread lock it, I would leave them out and put these sleeves over them. Mine have been perfect ever since doing that.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...der-Titanium-4
Old 07-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Blue, you only need to use thread lock on the cvd's.
Sorry, but I found that when using Blue the pins moved on me, I had to use red to hold the pins in place, that is until I went to Top's pin holders: Link I know others have suggested these and they are GREAT. No more CVD Pin issues.... These holders cut my lap times by .2 per lap... (Joke)....
Old 07-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

So any one tried the 1.6 top plate with the 2.0mm chassis. I am going to give it a go this weekend and then my 2.0mm and 2.0mm but Was just curious what kind changes are you have noticed running the 1.6 vs the 2.0?
Old 07-11-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

which ECS shafts have everyone found that are the best in terms of performance and durability? If i was to get the Xray ones, what spares would i need to have on hand at a race day? Can heat shrink be used to prevent the pins from falling out?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

+1. these sleeves are the best. No more pin issues!!
Originally Posted by bvoltz
Sorry, but I found that when using Blue the pins moved on me, I had to use red to hold the pins in place, that is until I went to Top's pin holders: Link I know others have suggested these and they are GREAT. No more CVD Pin issues.... These holders cut my lap times by .2 per lap... (Joke)....
Old 07-11-2012, 07:45 AM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Anyone using the progressive springs?

Anyone know if Lemieux or Hagberg's using them?

Regards
Nathan
Old 07-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by defcone
I think with a 112 the max u can put on is a 40.
I checked this and I was able to fit a 41 with a 112.

However, I did find a few minor mistakes with the previous gear chart so here is a new revised version. I also updated the chart in my previous post in case anyone downloads that.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
xrayt3gears.pdf (39.2 KB, 153 views)
Old 07-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
So any one tried the 1.6 top plate with the 2.0mm chassis. I am going to give it a go this weekend and then my 2.0mm and 2.0mm but Was just curious what kind changes are you have noticed running the 1.6 vs the 2.0?
I tested it out for the first time at my local track, WCRC in La Mirada, California last night. I felt that this combo on the medium-high traction surface provided a touch more mechanical grip, although it was a bit more difficult to drive. It's certainly a nice tuning option to have available.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by narcotiks
which ECS shafts have everyone found that are the best in terms of performance and durability? If i was to get the Xray ones, what spares would i need to have on hand at a race day? Can heat shrink be used to prevent the pins from falling out?
I'm a cheap ass so I never tried the Xray ECS shafts and went for the version 2 Spec-R ECS shafts. I've got 6 days on them and two hard hits and they are straight, tight and free. After the second hard hit one bound up a little but that was easily cleared up by cleaning the pin holes in the housing. So far I'm pretty happy with them.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Filipow
I tested it out for the first time at my local track, WCRC in La Mirada, California last night. I felt that this combo on the medium-high traction surface provided a touch more mechanical grip, although it was a bit more difficult to drive. It's certainly a nice tuning option to have available.
Agreed. I also had the same experience when running this combo this past weekend at Jackson R/C. As you said it is a nice tuning option to have available.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I really like the thin/thin combo on the rug. In the faster classes, it gives me more steering at the expense of corner speed, but that works for me. It's one of those tuning options that requires you to bring two cars along, though.

The progressive springs were really strange for me. They create a dramatically different feeling in the car. I put them on last week and my first 3 laps were the 3 fastest I've ever turned on a layout I've been racing on a lot for 3 months. Then the car became loose and impossible to drive. I guess you could say they got progressively worse.

It really surprised me how different they made the car feel.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I really like the thin/thin combo on the rug. In the faster classes, it gives me more steering at the expense of corner speed. It's the feeling I look for in faster classes. It's one of those tuning options that requires you to bring two cars along, though.

The progressive springs were really strange for me. They create a dramatically different feeling in the car. I put them on last week and my first 3 laps were the 3 fastest I've ever turned on a layout I've been racing on a lot for 3 months. Then the car became loose and impossible to drive. I guess you could say they got progressively worse.

It really surprised me how different they made the car feel.
Where did you run the springs? Front or rear?

EA
Old 07-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I really like the thin/thin combo on the rug. In the faster classes, it gives me more steering at the expense of corner speed, but that works for me. It's one of those tuning options that requires you to bring two cars along, though.
Yeah how was it on longer sweepers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.