Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
first things to check, droop/limiter changes, front hinge pin insert changes? I broke mine as well last month lota coin for that fix
Too much air was the issue... lol (I am more worried about tower replacements!)

instead of the normal triple I went for the quad and smacked the lip, then full throttle to try and bounce out of it... it worked but outdrive died

car is fine. this diff was from the original purchase 2 years ago so not a biggy. I have extra complete diffs for back ups. 30 seconds to grab my phone and take the picture and 5 minutes to pop out the old and put in a new diff.

Still I wanted to share my experience.. LOL
Old 06-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
I was looking at a local driver's xb4 recently and saw that when the suspension was fully compressed, the driveshaft was rubbing and putting pressure on the outside edge of the outdrives and clunking on the slot in them. The drive shafts were worn quite a bit in that spot. I don't know if that is normal, but that might explain your outdrives shattering if it was also happening for you.
Never had a losi or mugen outdrive snap .
Just sayin
Old 06-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeymdz
Too much air was the issue... lol (I am more worried about tower replacements!)

instead of the normal triple I went for the quad and smacked the lip, then full throttle to try and bounce out of it... it worked but outdrive died

car is fine. this diff was from the original purchase 2 years ago so not a biggy. I have extra complete diffs for back ups. 30 seconds to grab my phone and take the picture and 5 minutes to pop out the old and put in a new diff.

Still I wanted to share my experience.. LOL
haha yeah mine snapped from one of the original v1 kits from amains first preorder so not too unhappy, was due for replacement anyways
Old 06-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I think I'm leading the pack for most parts destroyed on an XB4
You haven't met my boy JJ.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:49 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Wow

You now have a XB4 2wd.

Lucky you had added the bigger bumper! Things could have been worse.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Boz
Wow

You now have a XB4 2wd.

Lucky you had added the bigger bumper! Things could have been worse.
JJ needs those bumpers for sure! He drives his wheeler like a truggy! Lol
Old 06-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

in 1 crash I bent a chassis, broke the composite chassis, AND destroyed 1 saddle pack (full wood, caught air, slammed into a poll)

now that was an expensive fix!
Old 06-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

in 1 crash I bent a chassis, broke the composite chassis, AND destroyed 1 saddle pack (full wood, caught air, slammed into a poll)

Ok, you win lol!
Old 06-16-2014, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
You haven't met my boy JJ.
My poor old spare xb4

JJ needs those bumpers for sure! He drives his wheeler like a truggy! Lol
Truth

Ok, you win lol!
He wins for now, JJ is still driving his. My money is on JJ for the long haul.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default To buy or not to buy...

I've been debating picking up one of these but after seeing the carnage everyone is having not sure I want to invest in something that looks to be a little on the brittle side...
Old 06-16-2014, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RichyRich
I've been debating picking up one of these but after seeing the carnage everyone is having not sure I want to invest in something that looks to be a little on the brittle side...
Nah, the car is tough, they only break like this when launched full speed at an I beam. If mullet1's xb4 can stand up to his driving, this car is durable enough for 99% of drivers.... The other 1%, well......
Old 06-16-2014, 08:52 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Buy Buy Buy

So you want an RC car that rarely breaks?

I'll do a google search for you.

searching.........Unbreakable RC Cars........still searching.......

google has locked up........

I cleaned up a XX-4 that had spun and stopped half way our straight a few months ago. Pieces and wheels went everywhere. It was like one of those F1 crashes.

What do you do!!!!

I pulled the trigger and complete the last two laps of the race. And TQ goes to me. It was a messy race, 15 open drives on a small track which included 1 novice who had not driven for 10 years. We know some chaos was bound to happened in this race.

Nothing broke...I hit the XX-4 at top speed (6.5t)

In the next race (warm up lap) my front diff drive cup broke. That was the first cup I had broken (version1 out drive cup). I think all of the stresses from the crash may of had something to do with it.

Things will brake. Buy the 2014 kit and some of the alloy CVD cups. You should be good to go racing.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RichyRich
It's not a brittle car by any stretch, you have to consider the type of crashes they are talking about. Full speed into a pole off a jump? There isn't a buggy on the market that could handle that type of crash. Only thing I've broken on my XB4 is the top deck and that's from my poor driving in that instance.

Biggest breaks I've seen at the track was one guy putting his into the cinder-block wall inside off the triple, the other guy put his into the pole of a chain-link fence coming down the back straight at full speed after catching one of the pipes. Neither of these were survivable by any 4wd on the market IMO.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I think these pictures are here because it's pretty rare to break the XB4. It's more of a you can in face break it pretty good type of thing. With any other buggy it's pretty easy to knock arms off. The XB4 is the most durable car I've ever had, basically a mini 1/8 with the same amount of power.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I find the photos and the posts kinda funny actually….. who did the most damage by hitting i-beams and un-movable objects. Car is tough, no question. Only break i had was a front diff case from jumping about 6ft in the air and landing on the front shock tower.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.