Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Hi All,

I installed a Li-Po 800mAh pack in my car just two or three weeks ago and I haven't had a single glitch or any cause for worry since.
Until then, I had the odd time the servo's, usually just the throttle servo not work, or stay open.

This really made me nervous and I came out of one or two qualifiers because of this.
But since the Li-Po has been in..........No isues at all.

I do not believe you need to run a regulator as there is no chance of the Li-Po going above 7.4V. And the servo's can handle that Voltage.

Although, in retrospect, it's probably safer to have one installed. I just don't believe its mandatory.
We ran at the GLC without any regulators on our cars.

British Menace

British Menace
Old 08-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

BM you can run with out a regulator but the problem is when you charge the pack you have to let its sit a whilefor voltage to settle but before a main you dont have that luxury.I ran with out on my buggy for almost 6 months and it was cool till during a nat i had to peak before a main and when i plugged it in i fried the throttle servo, when i changed the radio tray from a buddy quickly i fried another.Since then i use a regulater and have never had any issues.The VRX regulater also has a LED indicator that turns red from green when battery is low.Cuts off at 6.2v.
Lipo for the TX is awesome aswell and would highly recommend it too.

BM how about a pic of how you mounted your lipo batt.
1800mah pack i have seems too big.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Look this at 3Hobby.net.

3Hobby.net G4S+LiPo

Hope there is no rule about links :-)
Old 08-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rawz
I have glitches with my 3PK+Spektrum too. But it cost me only a rear A-arm and tires, till now ...
I changed batteries, checked antenna, nothing. I have a telemetry, I forgot to unplug that to check.
I use two Futaba 9350.
For me it seams that there is, some times, a big current draw, thus making the Spektrum go into voltage fail-save.
My control stops for a moment, and then comes back.
If thats the case(current draw bigger than the Ni-MH can handle), the Li-Pos should cure that, right ?

To use a Li-po pack I need a regulator. I saw one used some post back ? Was Razzor's ?
That is the problem with the 2.4 systems. The solution is an 800mah lipo pack, preferably with regulator so it doesn't go below 6V. Or fabricate an 2/3A pack and bracket. Runtime should also increase with the regulator since the battery is rated at 7.4V. The bonus is losing 40g or so of weight and not having to cycle the pack.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bucknuts
That is the problem with the 2.4 systems. The solution is an 800mah lipo pack, preferably with regulator so it doesn't go below 6V. Or fabricate an 2/3A pack and bracket. Runtime should also increase with the regulator since the battery is rated at 7.4V. The bonus is losing 40g or so of weight and not having to cycle the pack.
you are right!!!!

i checked my NIMH battery Volt after big crash in yesterday..

the battery volt was 6.2V.

when battery volt was under 6.0V, maybe my throttle servo was stopped.

i tested US Specktrum in long time ago.

heavy servo activity(about 30-40 secs).. i could see steering servo did bad working.

so i can quess this..

when battery is under 6VOLT.

1. US specktrum: steering servo do bad working.(random work)

2. sanwa(airtronic) specktrum: stopped Throttle servo activity.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gansei
you are right!!!!

i checked my NIMH battery Volt after big crash in yesterday..

the battery volt was 6.2V.

when battery volt was under 6.0V, maybe my throttle servo was stopped.

i tested US Specktrum in long time ago.

heavy servo activity(about 30-40 secs).. i could see steering servo did bad working.

so i can quess this..

when battery is under 6VOLT.

1. US specktrum: steering servo do bad working.(random work)

2. sanwa(airtronic) specktrum: stopped Throttle servo activity.
i have the helios with spektrum i have radio problems as well on one part of the track the throtle servo goes dead and normal flat into the poly pipe....
i have canged batterys servos still every now an then it goes ....
usely into my 3 heat its starts playing up then if i top my battery up no problems........my battery 6.8 volts and 6.2 under load is that normal??
Old 08-16-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

current delivery with a AAA cell is the limitation especially with higher end servos and digital.I havent had any glitches though (touch wood ) maybe because i made a new pack up for my car with 1000mah Sanyo cells and thicker gauge wire.

Lipo is teh way to go though, its better in every aspect only downside is the regulater and a lipo charger really but well worth it.
Thanks RAwz for the link, pictures speak a thousand words
Old 08-16-2007, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

well all airfares are booked and payed for, accomodation booked and a hire car sorted. ill catch up Frankie at the Aussie Nationals in October. we can exchange a few ales then
Old 08-16-2007, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default hex key sizes for g4s?

Hi Guys,
would anyone know of the sizes that I need for my g4s in regards to hex keys?imperial or metric?
thanks
Mick
Old 08-16-2007, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Yo gansei, Drill 4mm hole for antenna wire, cover it with gas tank rubber o ring, and let the antenna wire pass through that gas tank rubber o ring. For antenna holder, you can get it from tamiya or yokomo antenna holder. I think xray t1 or t2 car also use plastic antenna holder.

Secondly, Cover the receiver with ballon and use two extension cables ; 1 for battery power, and 1 for transponder connection.
I had the same problems like him and when i did the mod with tubing the problem was gone. I then did it with a plastic spacer which holds the antenna tube on better. I also noticed that you cant let the antenna touch anything...I mean anything. Its gotta come out the receiver and into the tube without touching anything..I too did the extension so i wouldnt have to touch the receiver alot.

I always looked at gansei car and couldnt believe he didnt have problems using the aluminum antenna holder.

As for the battery draw i dont think its that. I have been using spektrum for 2 years on my offroad stuff with nicd and nimh packs and never had 1 glitch. The pack on my buggy was a cheap ofna 800 pack.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aussies1129
Hi Guys,
would anyone know of the sizes that I need for my g4s in regards to hex keys?imperial or metric?
thanks
Mick
You can double check in the manual, it has a list.
1.5mm
2mm
2.5mm
3mm
4mm
5mm

is the most popular hexes to have in your tool box/bag
Good to have some nut drivers too

5mm
5.5mm
7mm

is teh popular sizes

Last edited by razzor; 08-16-2007 at 05:08 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by asw7576
Yo gansei, Drill 4mm hole for antenna wire, cover it with gas tank rubber o ring, and let the antenna wire pass through that gas tank rubber o ring. For antenna holder, you can get it from tamiya or yokomo antenna holder. I think xray t1 or t2 car also use plastic antenna holder.

Secondly, Cover the receiver with ballon and use two extension cables ; 1 for battery power, and 1 for transponder connection.

thanks for your advice..

i already did antenna tip about 6 months ago.

i will change Li-Fo battery!!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default my G4S is back!!!

i changed Li-Fo battery.. (800ma, 7.4V + regulrator)

i will test my G4S in tomorrow

my G4S was re-born!!!

Last edited by gansei; 08-16-2007 at 06:33 AM. Reason: test
Old 08-16-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

you amaze me al the time, thou id like to know why you screw your shock adjustmets so far compressed?

are those Knack shocks shorter than normal g4s?

cool light in battery pack this for fun or indication that its alive?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

good to see you sorted out gansei

What regulater are you using ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.