Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
WTF... Makes having a G4+ worth shit all!

Haven't been on this thread for awhile, just read about TM America/RaceDay pulling the pin on TM. This is not good news, but i think things were on a downwards spiral when they did the dirty on Dennis Richey(Phenix)!

Think this all goes to prove what Zoom has been saying for awhile and to support your LHS & the brand that has the best support at your local track.

My 2 cents... Take care guys

BB
I finally understand where ZOOM is coming from re; support your local hobby shop. If the Manufacturer is touching up the Distributor, then the Hobby shop sells for an inflated price / decent margin; then the Hobbiest believes he/she is getting ripped off and looks elsewhere. Looks on Internet and there you go, cheaper prices off shore inclusive of delivery due to different contries tax tarriffs, money exchange etc etc... So in this particular case do we all blame Team Magic, the National Distributors or the Governments... I am confused as complex issue. Is the Distributor to blame as in my industry, the distributors that I know all drive BMW's and Mercedes Benz. Big snouts in the money troughs! Is it all about money here in this case?
Old 10-28-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Addict

well, it's a business world...

buyers look for the best bargains and sellers look for the best profits...
Old 10-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by gansei
i will be G4RS Tester
How about G4 NS E1 version
Old 10-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey All,

Just got back frm the Victorian, Australian nationals and O'My God how good was the racing - WOW is all i say and WOW is what i say about the track and WOW in how my fun it was!

As for me i started off good and went down hill after heat 3,4,5 and qualified in 9th for quater finals - ended up DNF on last minute due to steering broke from other competitor!

One thing i can say is that its tuff racing, and if you get caught up in the circus of bannana's its can all go sour!

Overal i couldnt better my laps of 28 from heat 2 - as each heat was always a DNF!

Had a few minor issues that robbed me of possible better overal standings, but i had no real expectations but to keep it clean!

I started with lap times of :

21.3, then got it down to 19.2 - then t only better my time of 18.9 overal which i was happy as most had been doing 18.1 so i wasnt too far off the pace!

i shall post some photos little later and possible videos.

Frankie
Old 10-30-2007, 04:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default My E4

G4S's brother.. E4!!!!

it's mine!!

.bbs_content p{margin:0px;}

Old 10-30-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well guys, id like to say GOOD BUY to all G4S crew - i have just sold my car and moving up the next level to 1/8th scale for the new year: the car i shall be driving is Motonica and boy i cant wait for the new challenge!

I shall now and then venture back to my old crew and say G'day but for now its seeya and enjoy!

Regards
Frankie, BIG Thanks to TM for all there Support and especially the crew in the forum!

Kepp racing, its all F.U.N
Old 10-30-2007, 07:03 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Well guys, id like to say GOOD BUY to all G4S crew - i have just sold my car and moving up the next level to 1/8th scale for the new year: the car i shall be driving is Motonica and boy i cant wait for the new challenge!

I shall now and then venture back to my old crew and say G'day but for now its seeya and enjoy!

Regards
Frankie, BIG Thanks to TM for all there Support and especially the crew in the forum!

Kepp racing, its all F.U.N
YOU will enjoy!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gansei
i will be G4RS Tester
That's great and your E4 looks nice as well.... The issue/problem I have with TM is lack of support in the US. I was one of the first drivers of that car in the US way back in late 2003... Had a working bell crank steering system in 2004 that I show to RD-Logics when they had the car as the Mongoose... http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...ome-and-garden
Complained about all the stripped S-Class gears that where made out of the wrong material...
Nickko from TM knows who I am and all the work many of us tried on the G4 to make it better... Back then the car needed alot of work... I can go on and on, but I won't.. Way to many years... The people TM should have taken care of in the US, they didn't and now they are where they are at this point... The car had a good following on the West Coast/SoCal a few years back, but again TM and RD Logics messed that one up and after RD Logics it was given over to phenixdist and that's another story... I will always have a little love for the G4 and TM... I just hope they can figure things out before the car and there other products are a non-factor in the US...

RC_Alan
Old 10-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It seems crazy to me that TM would want to lose the US market. I have only been driving the G4S for the past two years and have seen four distributors already. With the way that they have done business with those four I wonder who will take the risk now. It's too bad because they offer a good product.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by keavze
well, it's a business world...

buyers look for the best bargains and sellers look for the best profits...
Can someone please answer my question; why have the distributors pulled the pin on TM in America? It appears some on this thread know but ???
Old 10-31-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
Can someone please answer my question; why have the distributors pulled the pin on TM in America? It appears some on this thread know but ???
Sam at TMA/ Raceday Hobbies will maybe come on and answer that or maybe he wont??! Who knows!?

Maybe if I say what I know, having been a rep'/tech support and sponsored driver for TMA and Raceday Hobbies. It may spur him on to answer your question from his prospective.

Sam wanted to run TMA his own way and that wasn't exactly how TM wanted, but they were prepared to sit and watch what happens.
Having had a reasonably long and good relationship with TM, through Raceday Hobbies, and with his sales experience. TMA seamed a good prospect for TM.

I understand there is differing opinions on the direction TM should go within TM and these seam to have equel weight within TM.
Some want the distributors to do as they are told by TM in all aspects of TM products, others are more approachable about different ways to market and sell TM products.
However............
It came to the "unstopable force meeting the imoveable object". TM wanted things done their way and Sam (TMA) wanted to do things his way.

In the end (cutting a long story short) TMA felt that TM was not acting with integrity and decided to pull out of the distributorship of all TM products.

This is admirable in one respect in that they feel that a company should act with integrity and good business sence...................... here here to that !!!

On the other hand, TMA are letting alot of dealers down after promising them they would be able to supply the dealers with all TM products.

With either way of looking at the situation, both are wrong, and both ways are right. It just comes down to how you want to look at things.

TM, I consider to be at fault in that they gave some rope and room for manouvre to TMA to market and distribute their products as they (TMA) see fit. Then turned tail, and ended up telling them, Sam, what to do and how to do it! (Run their business that is!)

TMA I consider to be at fault for not cementing a good business deal with TM in the first place so at least some time could elapse before they (Either TM or TMA) could withdraw from the 'deal'. This way then, dealers, having been promised everything, I know, I promised them(!!), could at least get the products a foothold on the local market and install confidence in the company (TM) and the supply route (What ever the long term supply route became)
Dealers are now faced with having some considerable stock bought from TMA that will probably be very hard to sell due to customer misstrust, dissatisfaction and frustration.
Is that one person's fault? Maybe.....maybe not. Either way, I think both TM and Sam at TMA (Raceday Hobbies) should take equel share of the blame for the state of thing's in the U.S right now. Concerning TM products!!

This is all my opinion and should be taken that way. Do I have the full story? ..... No. But this is all what I do know!!

There has never been any question concerning TM products and their endevour to produce quality products. They just need to gain management that rivals their product quality.

For the first time in 7 years, I'm considering moving to a different RC company and leaving TM........ for what that's worth to anyone...lol

Regards,
British Menace
Old 10-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

sorry change of subject but can anyone suggest a good throttle servo for my
g4s I want to stay with futaba? thanks
Old 10-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
sorry change of subject but can anyone suggest a good throttle servo for my
g4s I want to stay with futaba? thanks
S9451 or S9550
Old 10-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

woah...who do we turn to for G4S technical help now if those technical and experienced racers leaving G4S?

e.g. Kodak Hodak, British Menace, etc...
lucky gansei still around using G4S.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

BM,

We appreciate your insight.

It just begs the question? Who do we turn to for parts since TMA supplies its retail branch (RacedayHobbies). There are probably still plenty of parts in stock now at the distributor level but who know if those are gonna get pulled out of the retail store. The G4s kit is not even available from Raceday web site anymore. LHS who have been promised TM stock are sol??? And how do you get new LHS to come on board since the TM supply chain has had a bad track record...going back from Trinity, RDLogics, Phoenix, Trinity again, and TMA. Out of 10 lhs in my area, only two carry old G4/Mongoose parts that have been sitting around for a couple of years. None of have any recent orders from recent TM distributors.

It would be sad to see someone like you leave the TM family after all the leg work you've done. But you have to take care of yourself first and find out whats best for you.

Good luck,
Don

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.