Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default G4 NEW CAR?

if Team Magic New 1/10 car(G4??) is released,

i will do test it first in Korea.

TM always send new machine(sample) to TM Distributer when new car is released or just before release.

Korean TM Distributer made a promise that New 1/10 TM Car tester is me!!

if i get the new machine... i will show the detail picture..
Old 06-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Well the new Limited Edition G4+ will be released very soon! Everyone that wants this special limited edition car needs to get a hold of their dealers and start placing orders. Pricing hasn't been given to dealers just yet. But deposits I am sure will be accepted. I know we are starting now!

Team Magic will be sending out to all Team Magic partners that have signed up for their mailing list continous news about this car. Are these new tibits being given designed to get you excited about this car. Yep!!!

And I'll tell you right now!!!

" I don't know what it is... BUT I WANT IT!!!

Other news, Raceday Hobbies has the G4S with a free ED Transmission sale going on right now also. The difference between Raceday and the others... Our price is lower, we ship faster, and we have in inventory ready for you!!!

FYI, If you leave in the USA and your dealer presently doesn't have Team Magic products tell him to contact Team Magic America. They are shipping now to dealers that need help in getting TM Products. Website is www.teammagicamerica.com or [email protected] Team Magic is on the move in the USA... finally!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

Opps, forgot one other piece of good news for all of us G4 racers. We wanted Team Magic to start getting drivers for the USA market and start showing the quality and level of competition the G4S has , but no one knows about .... well now we have one!!! Mike Blackstock will be driving, testing, and helping Team Magic make this car better all the time and hopefully some podium finishes soon! No pressure there Mike...hehehe

Welcome aboard MIKE! Good Luck to you in the future!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone who owns the TM setup gauges, anyone ever have a problem with the nuts?

I recieved mine today and noticed they were plastic and I was wondering if anyone ever broke theirs

n/m they are metal just look alot like plastic, hehe oops

Last edited by rcrevolution; 06-06-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

sam any news on that crash kit you were putting together?
Old 06-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
anyone who owns the TM setup gauges, anyone ever have a problem with the nuts?

I recieved mine today and noticed they were plastic and I was wondering if anyone ever broke theirs

n/m they are metal just look alot like plastic, hehe oops
My friend get the same problem with the nuts........ too bad, his was broken already. Probably the nuts & threads need lubricants so it won't break easily.

Next time buy Hudy ( or Team Speedmind for same looks @ cheaper price ).
Old 06-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

they are metal, i dont see them breaking easily tho.

they just looked like plastic, I had to bite them to see if they were metal ot plastic .

anyways I have an issue, am I doing something wrong here? cause I have 2+ camber on the front and cant measure the toe angle cause the distance between the two wheels is too far.

how do I measure toe when camber is +?

so I have to tighten the bottom more then I loosen the top?
Old 06-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

First make sure the remaining length of pivot ball's thread ( or number of thread remaining on lower suspension arms ) are same left and right.

Second, tighten the upper pivot ball untill the camber is negative to your wish.

Occasionally you need to check the pivot ball locknut. When there is too much end play within the pivot ball, then you need to tighten the locknut.

Be careful, don't tighten the locknut too hard against the pivot ball.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G4S'er
Well the new Limited Edition G4+ will be released very soon! Everyone that wants this special limited edition car needs to get a hold of their dealers and start placing orders. Pricing hasn't been given to dealers just yet. But deposits I am sure will be accepted. I know we are starting now!
This is good news. I was wondering how long it would take for the car to hit the virtual shelves. How much of a deposit do people have to put down for the car at Raceday Hobbies and what is the policy for a refund if people decide not to buy the car (i.e. sticker shock).

Originally Posted by G4S'er
FYI, If you leave in the USA and your dealer presently doesn't have Team Magic products tell him to contact Team Magic America. They are shipping now to dealers that need help in getting TM Products. Website is www.teammagicamerica.com or [email protected] Team Magic is on the move in the USA... finally!
Has Team Magic America replaced Trinity as the distributor for Team Magic in the USA?
Old 06-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

anyone know if your local hobby town usa can get parts from that place or if they need to carry only what the central HTU tells them to carry?
Old 06-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

im gonna stay with my g4s, I just bought one less than 2 months ago so be switching right now, I am just pissed I didnt know about it just a week sooner or I would have waited, now I am stuck with the g4s.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Rainer ~ I'm not sure if you own the G4(anything) so I'm not sure that you posting that all other G4's before the + have 'issues'. I won the state title last year and had many other great results with a bone stock G4S. I had the G4/Evo before that and I raced it quite successfully as well. Admittedly the G4S was a great improvement over the Evo/Mongoose for weight distribution and balance, but it's not like the previous cars had issues that made it uncompetitive.

Yes you see a lot on these forums people talking about the negative aspects of certain things they may not like or understand, but it is not always the majority view. A little perspective sometimes goes a long way. You spoke about the R/RR/RRR/RRR WC/RRR-Evo thing from kyosho. These would be seen as development versions of the Vone series yes? It's the same with TM. They have found better and more reliable ways to do things and it is working very well for the car at the moment. I would say the 'issues' you speak of are like any car, development makes it better. Not always an issue as in it was unuseable before the next version.

rcrevolution ~ Don't be pissed, the G4S is a fantastic car. I still don't run the car with all the hopups that some of the people do and it is a success. So relax and enjoy and make changes you feel you need for performance. There are a couple of cars at my track with updated everything and I don't have all the hopups and both cars are still competitive. In fact the only hopups I currently run is the ED trans, new lightweight hubs and the carbon brake bracket. I think I will try the new arms and the rear swaybar but I only change what I think will help with lap times.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

so everyone can agree the ED tranny is worth the $120 for the upgrade?

also I know we see this alot here, but can someone post their setup if they had a great run?

I just got my setup gauges and I want a setup to try out. and plz dont say use the stock settings out of the manual.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z00M
Rainer ~ I'm not sure if you own the G4(anything) so I'm not sure that you posting that all other G4's before the + have 'issues'. I won the state title last year and had many other great results with a bone stock G4S. I had the G4/Evo before that and I raced it quite successfully as well. Admittedly the G4S was a great improvement over the Evo/Mongoose for weight distribution and balance, but it's not like the previous cars had issues that made it uncompetitive.
The list of issues that I'm referring to was collected while reading through the G4 threads here at RCTech - roughly 10,000 posts. I really didn't set out to come up with this list - it just sort of worked out that way. Even you've had issues with your car (battery pack fell apart & having to drill a seperate hole for your attenna wire so it wouldn't touch the radio plate are in my notes).

I know you have been successful with the car "as is" (I've read your posts ) - and others have been successful with the car as well. I have also noticed, that you equate winning with proving that the car has no issues. I don't quite agree with that philosophy. IMO, you can still have issues with a car and win - you just have to know what they are and how to fix them.

What I see as "issues" may well be perceived by others as "well, that's just what needed to be done". You don't have to shorten the wheel base on other cars. You don't have to fill parts with JB Weld so they don't bend during a crash. You don't have to resolder battery packs that fall apart. You don't have to CA glue the shock bladders so the shocks don't leak. You don't have to replace the entire drive train so that the car drives better - at 1/3 the cost of the car. And so on... Yes, I know you don't have to do these things, but people are doing it!

Everyone's experience with the G4S is going to be different. Same with the other cars. Some people are going to have problems - some people are not. Some people are going to post their problem here for group therapy - some people are not. But when more than just a few people have the same problem, I start to categorize it as an "issue". As I mentioned previously, it's really just how you look at it.

BTW... I was sooooo close to buying a G4S - but then the G4+ was announced.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

All this talk though is stimulating and it is very exciting about what is happenning with TM right now.
The G4+
1/8th Scale New Car.
M1B making heads turn.
Team Magic America being anounced.
Mike Blackstock being signed full time!!

Oh yes, TM is on the move again. Good to see and be a part of!

rmdhawaii,
Agree to dissagree on some things, but you must admit. Things are on the move and changing. Looks as though all in the right direction too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.