Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei
i changed rear upper arm long time ago. ^^

because rear upper arm movement is not smooth.

kyosho 6.8 ball end + K-Factory 6.8 ball (cut head) + washer

But bolt must be not lock tightly in rear nuklearm portion to smooth upper arm movement.

pls see my rear upper arm picture. ^^
Thanks again Gansei. I remember seeing this now. It also reminds me of the Mugen swaybar setup you have. I've been tempted to do the same, but I believe it was mentioned some pages back that this may be an improvement that Team Magic implements soon. I'm going to wait a while longer to see if they do, or I'll have to copy your setup.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gansei
i used kyosho 700 oil front/rear in kawahara cup.

front/rear shock piston is same as 1.2 X 2 hole.

normally i used 50k~70k in My G4S.

my carbon setup boards is order production in korea carbon company.

it is not market product.

and i cut off 2mm front sus arm and 2mm rear sus arm..

over all.. i reduced wheel Base 4mm...

so my G4S can turn in corner quickly.

this is my setup in kawahara cup A-main Final.

width: front 196mm, rear 200mm

diff: front 50000, rear 40000 (kyosho oil)

shock: front / rear all 1.2X2hole, kyosho 700

sprint: front mugen gray(1.8mm), rear mugen dark blue(1.8mm)

downstop: front 2mm, rear 4.5mm
toe: front out 1.5, rear in 2.5

camber: front 2.5 , rear 3.5

height : front 5mm, rear 9mm
shock position: front 3rd from top, rear 2nd from top

tire: kawahara 37

body: sturatus 3.1

stebil: front flat(0), rear mugen 2.3mm

tire diameter : front 62.5mm rear 65mm

i want this information will be useful data to Serpentd.

have a nice race... good luck to my metal friend!!
Hey Gansei, nice video ! G4S vs NT1 vs 720. Congrats for the 1st position.

BTW, if you don't mind........... I would like to ask you about tires split vs. Front Gear Diff..... Is it problem when the rear vs front tires wore UN-EVEN ?

Secondly, Is your pulley & tires setup more underdrive or overdrive or 1:1 ?
Old 03-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Serpentd where will be a good site where a can buy some fastkolor paint and the liquid mask?
Old 03-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Initiate

A rookie problem,

I have just been runnin my new motor & G4S in and I have a clutch problem I think. When I put the car on the ground and give the engine a bit of throttle the car doesn't move. Do I need to adjust the clutch - tighten/loosen etc. Or is it something else.

I know this is probaby a very basic question but its easier to ask the gurus than rip stuff to bits and fault find when I just want to go fast!!!!
Old 03-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Did you just finish putting it togther or this problem just started?

Originally Posted by Danjr
A rookie problem,

I have just been runnin my new motor & G4S in and I have a clutch problem I think. When I put the car on the ground and give the engine a bit of throttle the car doesn't move. Do I need to adjust the clutch - tighten/loosen etc. Or is it something else.

I know this is probaby a very basic question but its easier to ask the gurus than rip stuff to bits and fault find when I just want to go fast!!!!
Old 03-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Just finished putting it together - first time out
Old 03-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Can you post a picture of your clutch.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

A rookie problem,

Dude, what color clutch spring are you using? (bright yellow?) Also, how many threads are showing after you tightnen down the clutch spring? It sounds as though your clutch spring is TOO TIGHT. Clutches have a learning curve bro, so post away. Like you said, better to learn properly rather then screw stuff up. Which can happen easily with the clutch. Anyway, loosen the clutch spring until 1/2 to 1 thread is showing. Also, if you breakng in your engine, you will have WAY less power so you may need to back off the spring even more until you have the engine broke in properly. Please take your time with the engine break in, as a good break in will have much more power and last a LOT LONGER! It's hard to keep patients when your at this stage, but DO NOT rush dude! Let us know where you are with engine break in and your clutch settings so we can nail this down for you.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, what color clutch spring are you using? (bright yellow?) Also, how many threads are showing after you tightnen down the clutch spring? It sounds as though your clutch spring is TOO TIGHT. Clutches have a learning curve bro, so post away. Like you said, better to learn properly rather then screw stuff up. Which can happen easily with the clutch. Anyway, loosen the clutch spring until 1/2 to 1 thread is showing. Also, if you breakng in your engine, you will have WAY less power so you may need to back off the spring even more until you have the engine broke in properly. Please take your time with the engine break in, as a good break in will have much more power and last a LOT LONGER! It's hard to keep patients when your at this stage, but DO NOT rush dude! Let us know where you are with engine break in and your clutch settings so we can nail this down for you.
You guys are awesome for helping me. I have a black spring in and have used one tank with it just on the box. I have two shims on after the clutch spring and in front of the inside bearing. I will check the thread and give that a go. Thanks again
Old 03-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by revo523
Serpentd where will be a good site where a can buy some fastkolor paint and the liquid mask?
Dude, hey! Well I actually get my paints from my LHS. But if I was to by online then I would goto Tower hobbies. For car parts I don't use these guys really, but for some other stuff, absolutely. They are fast with shipping and quite professional...so if a problem does arise, they will be there to correct it. Plus they have a HUGE selection of colors and manufacturers. Here are a few links for you bro.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?
FVSEARCH=Paint+masking&FVPROFIL=++

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...or&FVPROFIL=++

I hope this helps dude. I seriously doubt that there will be anyone much cheaper then Tower, especially with their selction. Keep me posted bro!
Old 03-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

A rookie problem,

Bud Have a look at thsi link it will help you get an idea of how the clutch goes together and hpw it works.
http://www.kfactoryracing.com/expert...24130345-74975
Old 03-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

How does the G4S compare to mtx4s and serpent 720s?
Old 03-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speaking of clutches...

What would cause the clutch to slip for a while then engage? The car is accelerating really smoothly but lacks that sudden engagment/acceleration and the engine sounds like its holding or maintain one certain rev range before the clutch finally grabs.

Running black spring with red upgrade shoes, etc and both weights with 0.7mm gap and 1.23mm tension. If find the less tension on the spring, the worse it gets but 1.23mm seems excessive.

Andrew
Old 03-25-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by CraigM
How does the G4S compare to mtx4s and serpent 720s?
just fine at my track....G4s is a contender w/the best of em...
Old 03-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lycan
Speaking of clutches...

What would cause the clutch to slip for a while then engage? The car is accelerating really smoothly but lacks that sudden engagment/acceleration and the engine sounds like its holding or maintain one certain rev range before the clutch finally grabs.

Running black spring with red upgrade shoes, etc and both weights with 0.7mm gap and 1.23mm tension. If find the less tension on the spring, the worse it gets but 1.23mm seems excessive.

Andrew
I am running the same setup on my spare car but am running a .5mm clutch gap wich would help and possibly sort out your slipping problem.
Also back off the spring tension a lttle and start the tuning of teh clutch from a softer setting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.