Wiki Posts
Search

Spec-R R1

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SpecRC
Hey guys,
I found with my S1 the suspension arms seem awful tight.
When the screws are half tightened to check on clearance the screws get pushed back as under tension. I can make them square and push it down hard but it feels almost binding and not right.
I read about David Rose and his assembly of the S1 and how he said it will loosen up but this seems bad.

I dropped out the 1mm plastic spacer from one side of the arm and it feels like a better fit. Has anyone found this? Did you all just force it down and have it tight?

They are tight and will loosen up after a bit of running. However if they're really tight either drop a few spacers out or ream the arms so they fall under their own weight.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Did you have to ream yours out at all?
The definitely wouldn't be falling under there own weight at the mo that's for for sure lol.
At the least I will have to take the 1mm spacer out. Will that affect anything by doing so?

Originally Posted by Fuzzi0n
They are tight and will loosen up after a bit of running. However if they're really tight either drop a few spacers out or ream the arms so they fall under their own weight.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Hi Guys

Can anyone help me with a base set-up for a S1 running on low / mid grip tight carpet track with rubber tyres (17.5t)

Cheers
Old 02-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

Did you have to ream yours out at all?
The definitely wouldn't be falling under there own weight at the mo that's for for sure lol.
At the least I will have to take the 1mm spacer out. Will that affect anything by doing so?
Not really, I just had to file the spacers a touch and it was ok. Taking spacers out is fine as long as you're doing the same thing on either side of the car as it changes the wheelbase. Just make sure the arms cant move forward or backwards once you take the spacers out though.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Qatmix
Hi Guys

Can anyone help me with a base set-up for a S1 running on low / mid grip tight carpet track with rubber tyres (17.5t)

Cheers
I dont know how the s1 compares to the r1 that i run

but i run on low/med carpet, from the box setup i have changed the following:

longest possible camberlinks, 3mm spacer in the bulkheads
35wt in the shocks
yokomo blue/pink springs
#4 hole in the rear tower
6mm droop in front, 5mm in the rear
if low traction i remove the 4 screws on the topdeck around the spurgear
3000 oil in the rear diff

i run sorex 28 tyres and 17.5 boost
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for that.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post11758752new link to my new forsale thread
Old 02-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Qatmix
Hi Guys

Cheers
My current setup works great on petitrc.com .would be a great starting point
Old 02-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Spring Rates

Can someone tell me the spring rates for the Red and White springs that come in the kit? Also, the spring rates for the optional spec r springs?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Cheers!

Originally Posted by Fuzzi0n
Not really, I just had to file the spacers a touch and it was ok. Taking spacers out is fine as long as you're doing the same thing on either side of the car as it changes the wheelbase. Just make sure the arms cant move forward or backwards once you take the spacers out though.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by svines1972
Can someone tell me the spring rates for the Red and White springs that come in the kit? Also, the spring rates for the optional spec r springs?
Red springs are 2.9 and white is 2.7
Old 02-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeckler

I ordered an S1 from TQ this morning, along with some other parts. Hopefully it gets here quick.
Got my car today. Build starts tonight. Waiting for some stuff from Amain too.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sad to see ya go to another platform Jeff, where ya going next?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys,
I found with my S1 the suspension arms seem awful tight.
When the screws are half tightened to check on clearance the screws get pushed back as under tension. I can make them square and push it down hard but it feels almost binding and not right.
I read about David Rose and his assembly of the S1 and how he said it will loosen up but this seems bad.

I dropped out the 1mm plastic spacer from one side of the arm and it feels like a better fit. Has anyone found this? Did you all just force it down and have it tight?

I'm at this point of the build right now. Do you have the blocks on the correct side of the car? It took a couple seconds staring at them to realize they're offset. You shouldn't have to push down hard (or at all) to get droop, or the blocks to sit flat on the chassis before screwing them down.
The pins on mine are tight as well. I might try and find a 3mm reamer tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Fairly certain ive got it right. But ill take another peak. I just dropped out the 1mm spacer still feels a wee bit tight but its a new tight and will wear in pretty quick.

Originally Posted by Jeckler
I'm at this point of the build right now. Do you have the blocks on the correct side of the car? It took a couple seconds staring at them to realize they're offset. You shouldn't have to push down hard (or at all) to get droop, or the blocks to sit flat on the chassis before screwing them down.
The pins on mine are tight as well. I might try and find a 3mm reamer tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.