R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Spec-R R1 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/661953-spec-r-r1.html)

slowbunnyrc 09-14-2012 05:14 AM

Spec-R R1

Another new 1/10 ep touring car... :eek:

http://www.spec-r.com/default/index....roducts_id=369

http://www.redrc.net/2012/09/spec-r-...ar/#more-58346

http://slowbunnyrc.blogspot.com/

Kevin K 09-14-2012 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by slowbunnyrc (Post 11209453)

Under 300 dollars MSRP.....interesting.

EAMotorsports 09-14-2012 05:51 AM

The car actually looks pretty good but its hard to say what the plastics will be like. If the quality is very good and plastic is good it might be just what TC needs...A GREAT entry cost TC that performs!

EA

NolanP 09-14-2012 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin K (Post 11209460)
Under 300 dollars MSRP.....interesting.

It does look interesting. I know there is a lot of blur in kits and building but it looks like little bits of this kit and that kit put together. It looks pretty cool.

sosidge 09-14-2012 05:51 AM

As ever, not very original, I can see elements of most of the popular touring cars in it. If the quality is right then it looks good value (their diffs haven't been a complete success).

I do like the fan mount though.

theatriks 09-14-2012 06:45 AM

This car was clearly copied and cookie cut from the Kyosho tf6 sp rite down to the exact suspension blocks LOL...geez i guess we all really got to give it to oleg babich he seems to be the only one who can actually come out with something new innovative and hasnt been re-engineered..lol

Scottmisfits 09-14-2012 07:25 AM

It's been said before and will be said again, all the cars may look close but don't perform close. Way to many variables. But why wouldn't you start with something that works and put your own touches on it?theres only so many ways to do something like this.

While I do admire the engineers at companies like Awesomatix, look at the price of their car. Yeah, it's way different but it's way different in price. If the Spec-R car can perform well enough for the newer guys, and maybe some seasoned veterans, why hate on it because it's cheap?

mdwalsh 09-14-2012 07:25 AM

but still at that price. if the plastics are decent it looks like a good deal!

Matt

Jerry P 09-14-2012 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by theatriks (Post 11209716)
This car was clearly copied and cookie cut from the Kyosho tf6 sp rite down to the exact suspension blocks LOL...geez i guess we all really got to give it to oleg babich he seems to be the only one who can actually come out with something new innovative and hasnt been re-engineered..lol

Unlike the kyosho onroad car's the Spec R will make to the USA. :nod:

I was a huge kyosho off road buggy fan and wanted a kyosho onroad but no one would bring them in the the USA.

olhipster1 09-14-2012 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jerry P (Post 11209873)

ohhh..snap...
but so darn true...

I will say the days of $500+ touring cars are numbered...the closer to $300 the better.

this car might be a step forward....time will tell.

theatriks 09-14-2012 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jerry P (Post 11209873)

I was a huge kyosho off road buggy fan and wanted a kyosho onroad but no one would bring them in the the USA.

I live in canada and i have a kyosho tf6 sp:nod:and would rather have the real thing then this kyosho knock off...and i can get kyosho tf6 sp parts shipped to my front door in 6 business days....not hard if you really want one

Jerry P 09-14-2012 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by theatriks (Post 11209908)
I live in canada and i have a kyosho tf6 sp:nod:and would rather have the real thing then this kyosho knock off...and i can get kyosho tf6 sp parts shipped to my front door in 6 business days....not hard if you really want one

If my LHS cant get it then I really dont want it. So I guess you're right i didnt want it that bad. :D I hope People find success with this car. i'm all about the more the merrier and if another lower cost car on the market helps then big props to the companies trying! :nod:

hanulec 09-14-2012 07:58 AM

I suspect that after the drive train is beefed up it will be OK. The atomic (I.e. spec-r) mini 4wd is a lot of fun once an xray 34t spool and diff are dropped in..

artwork 09-14-2012 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by sosidge (Post 11209539)
As ever, not very original, I can see elements of most of the popular touring cars in it. If the quality is right then it looks good value (their diffs haven't been a complete success).

I do like the fan mount though.

I don't want original...I want good at a reasonable price...you guys (not you specifically) can keep the funny looking high maintenance touring cars that don't make anyone any faster or slower. It makes sense to leverage what is already working, being original is very expensive and usually leads to some impulse buys by some and then flounders in the market after the initial wow factor wears off.

It seems to me like they got a lot right from the outside looking in on this car. Who knows how good it will be, but I think they went the right way which is a lower cost kit with all of the features expected in Luxury touring cars.

theatriks 09-14-2012 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jerry P (Post 11209931)
If my LHS cant get it then I really dont want it. So I guess you're right i didnt want it that bad. :D I hope People find success with this car. i'm all about the more the merrier and if another lower cost car on the market helps then big props to the companies trying! :nod:

Hey absoluetly on the LHS support ....and yes if things can get cheaper in this hobby its better for everyone.

I have just found in my own experience that you get what you pay for in this hobby and do see a difference in the cheap to expensive kits ,parts etc....