Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default anyone have a great setup for 19 turn

hey guys anyone have a good setup for the fk05 in 19turn right now iam runinng a white springs alway around and shock pisitons on hole #2 and -1 camber all the way around and a front spool in the car if you might have something better iam open for other poeples opinion .
Old 06-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jdm19turn
hey guys anyone have a good setup for the fk05 in 19turn right now iam runinng a white springs alway around and shock pisitons on hole #2 and -1 camber all the way around and a front spool in the car if you might have something better iam open for other poeples opinion .
Check out Peter Robinson's 19T setup from the Reedy Race.
http://www.teamxray.com/xforum/xsheets.php
Old 06-11-2005, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Scoobydoo,

Before saying things like "dropped the ball", please bear in mind that this is a BETA version! I.e. it has been made available to all of us so it can be tested and any bugs worked out before going full production on it. Also bear in mind that Mario has already said that they are working on improving the print functionality.

Tony
Old 06-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tonyv
Scoobydoo,

Before saying things like "dropped the ball", please bear in mind that this is a BETA version! I.e. it has been made available to all of us so it can be tested and any bugs worked out before going full production on it. Also bear in mind that Mario has already said that they are working on improving the print functionality.

Tony
I think we know it is a beta and still working things out, but without proper print funtionality, what good is a setup sheet?
I would of thought that printing these things out would have been number 1 or at least 2 on the list of user functionality. The other being how these would be filled out and uploaded.
I still think it is a great idea and not knocking you guys for running the beta, but I don't see how not being able to properly print would have been missed, Even for a beta.
Like I said, the very nature of a setup sheet is to be printed, not just viewed on a computer screen.
Its OK Tony, if you notice in the above posts, I knock the format of the website, then two posts later, I tell somebody to go to it to get info!
Its a great idea for Xray Users.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So...basically what you're saying is that you're consistantly inconsistant...

Xray has been getting crucified on this forum and others for providing MORE information and accessability than just about all of the other manufacturers combined....

I suggest that people take a step back and look at things from a fresh perspective before bitching and whining about something EXTRA that is being offered...free of charge I might add...and is not available from the competition...The ability to talk with the company directly and both give and receive feedback during the development process...

People complain about information that is exposed as products are being developed..complaiing that it hasn't yet come to market....would you prefer if Xray acted like the other companies and just kept you in the dark?....didn't think so...if you wanted to be kept in the dark you'd be staying away from forums like rctech.net and teamxray.com....

It does kind of suck that some of this cool stuff is still being developed...but look on the brightside...at least it IS there....and IS being developed...
Old 06-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Windsorguy99
So...basically what you're saying is that you're consistantly inconsistant...
Exactly!
You get that way when you get married.
Keeps them guessing, and you from watching the baby!
My comment was just that it would have been easier to create them as PDF's, Load them as PDF's, and download them as PDF's.
Heck, even todays Generic image viewers like Apple's and Windows can open up PDF's so I didn't see the need to have them not be what the standard has been for years.
It was just a comment and not a knock on X-Ray. I still support them, the products and the forums.
I wasn't aware the problem was already being addressed.
However, without criticism there is no advancement or results.
Just look at the Thrust bearing issue. I remember when the issue first hit, people were getting flamed on for bringing it up and being mad about it. Do you think there would have been an exchange program if all those people didn't bitch? And I know people will say that it was a small issue or that their is always problems with kits, but I also have never paid $400+ for an electric roller before.
oh, well. Kudos to Xray for listening to their customers. Thanks!
Old 06-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

hey tony just wondering if you by chance have every ran one of the orion core stock motors at all i was told thats the handout for the florida nats this year if so just looking for some tuning insight and tricks
Old 06-13-2005, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default feeling like praising the FK05

The FK05 is really amazing. For folks like me who don't get to practice a lot because of lack of time (I basically run my 10 packs a month due to my new job), this car is a real blessing. Easy to drive, amazingly robust, but top performance. I have no problems forgetting my Yokomo, which was just as quick but a PITA to make go fast. I think what amazes me the most though is the sturdiness of the car. I think that not even a 4-tec or a Pro2 could take this kind of beating with no breakage, and still these are probably the 2 most marshamallow-like cars that have ever been built. The plastics are just incredible.

Great Job Juraj! And Martin, if you stop by, see, even though I declined your proposal a few years ago when doing the translations, I ended running an xray anyway

Cheers,
Paul
Old 06-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

This just in.
Juan Aveytia and his Xray TQ's and wins the 19 turn class at the Speedworld cup, beating out some guy named Barry Baker.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Way to go Juan ! You da man !!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
This just in.
Juan Aveytia and his Xray TQ's and wins the 19 turn class at the Speedworld cup, beating out some guy named Barry Baker.
...you mean this guy ...yea Juan's car was UNFREAKINGTOUCHABLE!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1FK05-dsc_0422.jpg  
Old 06-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yup! My pal Juan is DA MAN! Makes you wonder if it's that funky anodising that's making him fast, Hmmm...or is it that the car is just that good? Notice I didn't mention the driver... hehe J/K! Juan's on fire this year! Time to move up to MOD buddy!

Linger, RAMEN this week! Yum Yum!

Roger, You need a faster motor! Wait...but if you had a fast motor, I won't be able to catch up at all!
Old 06-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stonedgti
Makes you wonder if it's that funky anodising that's making him fast
you mean this anodzing?
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1FK05-105_0592-1.jpg  
Old 06-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Javier: hahahaha. Clint looks like Shanaynay .

George: I'll be working on motor this week. You had nitrous during that one qualifer when you pulled me like I was standing still .

Ling: Who's car is that ? That's pretty nice.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Let me get my loaner back from Steve and I will hook you up for Sunday.

Art

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.