Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SHEBOYGAN, WI --- NEW TRACK

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default Get ur arsses movin!!

Fellow racers! It's almost that time, time to get off our winter butts and do some track work and start our outdoor season! I don't know about all of you, but I have been long awaiting the snow melt to get Rock Ridge Raceway going again. We still have lots of work to do on the track, but we can get a head start on it soon and be in great shape for the race season. I am looking at getting the on-site store up and running here in the next month to have that all set up and ready for you guys. Lets get everyone chatting and this track going. We had an excellent turnout at the end of summer for the few short weeks we were running. We have a lot of plans for this summer of racing. We are planning on having local bands out for live music, having cook outs and brat fry, we are inviting several local organizations out for a free day of racing and to hang out with our local racers, we will have several "special" races that will include endure style races, motox format qualifying, trophy and cash races, dash for cash and many other things! If anyone has any suggestions for an event or an improvement, we encourage you to speak up here or at our websites, whiteknucklercandhobbies.com and rockridgeraceway.com. We are a track of racers for the racers.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default 2010 racing

The track is almost ready to start working on! We are going to keep an eye on it the next week or two to make sure it dries up and we can start working on it. First priorities are to get our new driver stand and pit stands up. We are going to be changing some of the track layout and also looking at possibly moving the driver stand. We will post any work scheduled work days on rctech and our website. I hope everyone is as excited as I am to get racing at our new track. We have a lot of activities scheduled not just for our racers, but also our community. We have live bands schedule, cook outs, bonfires, and a variety of special races. We have also invited local clubs and organizations out for a FUN FREE day of racing with our racers. If you or someone you know is involved in any type or organization or club that would enjoy a day at the track, contact us and we would be more than happy to host your group. We have r/c trucks available for guest use and racers available to help with racing and daily activities.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whiteknucklerc
We are going to be changing some of the track layout and also looking at possibly moving the driver stand.
I would suggest putting the driver's stand on the opposite side (west?) of the track so that you're not facing the sun in the afternoon. Will keep an eye on this thread for work days and will do my best to come out and help.

CSR
Old 03-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

We are discussing relocating the stand between the two tracks: it will give us track separation between the two tracks when racing, and a little more safety for our corner marshalls, it will allow us to utilize one stand instead of having to build two, it will allow safer spectator viewing and pitting on the front side of the track, and it will allow us to keep our transponder system set in one place and run races on both tracks on the same day. The driver stand will be apporx 7-8' high. This will give an excellent viewing distance on the big track and also the 1/5 scale track. Any suggestions...... We'd love to hear em!
Old 03-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

We are discussing relocating the stand between the two tracks: it will give us track separation between the two tracks when racing, and a little more safety for our corner marshalls, it will allow us to utilize one stand instead of having to build two, it will allow safer spectator viewing and pitting on the front side of the track, and it will allow us to keep our transponder system set in one place and run races on both tracks on the same day. The driver stand will be apporx 7-8' high. This will give an excellent viewing distance on the big track and also the 1/5 scale track. Any suggestions...... We'd love to hear em!

Cool, that's exactly what I meant.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

you guys already know my vote
Attached Thumbnails SHEBOYGAN, WI --- NEW TRACK-containertam.jpg  
Old 03-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Two votes yes

How much? where can we get it? who has a welder??
Old 03-15-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by interplanet
you guys already know my vote

the only thing is, how the hell do you get it up there? and second, I like that idea also..But I see a problem with "kids" coming out there with spray cans if you know what I mean..also I plan on moving the 5th scale track over to the EAST about 2-3 more feet so it will give us so more room to work with on the top end on that berm area..
Old 03-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You guys can get the Sea containers used , pretty cheap to.
They are shipped up by truck Are you planning to use that for a lower
shack then the stand on top? Take it your cutting windows in , will
need a plasma cutter and weld to frame out.

Dynodan22
Old 03-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hmm, sounds cool, My neighbor does have both and they are mobile..... plasma and a mig that is, not the container! wonder what pricing is on the wood to build a stand vs the cost of just dropping a container there? Wonder if yamaha would allow it.
Then you could drop the hatches (windows) closed and lock it too.
also, if the kids with the rattle cans are any good, have them do a rock ridge piece and then theyll have enough pride not to tag over it hopefully
Old 03-18-2010, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Questions??

it is getting closer......are we ever going to have any sort of meeting?
Old 03-18-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

How much? where can we get it? who has a welder??
Hi Guys,

My Mig welder and Plasma cutter can be run on 110V
920-737-9162
Don Sallenbach
Old 03-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

its about time sheboygan gets a rc track its only been a lifetime since a good idea has come up lol jk guys i lived if falls for 19 yrs and i always wished that there was a track to race on when i growing up its cool to see how far you guys got last year i hope you guys have a good year
Old 03-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks everyone who has responded here in the last couple weeks. This Sunday afternoon around 1pm, I am going to plan on going up to the track if the weather holds out. Please plan on coming out if you can. I am going to plan on removing the tubes and getting the driver stand area ready to start building. We will be changing the layout of the track so if you want to have some input on the layout, plan on being out there. The race season is almost here and I want to have things rolling to give everyone enough time to get some practice in and to also leave enough time to fine tune things. We can always use an extra hand at the track. If you have lumber, skid steer or loader or anything you can donate or borrow to us, it would be greatly appreciated!! We will be involved in a lot of community activities so we want to make sure we have our facility in order and presentable for a favorable perception from visitors. We are starting to schedule fundraiser with local organization to help them raise money for several causes. This is a GREAT opportunity to help out our community and to gain exposure for our hobby! B I believe this will help in the success and growth of our local track and our hobby. I want to do all we can to ensure this track succeeds! If you know of any local businesses that would like to sponsor, donate or would like to participate in a race day event, please pm me or email me at our site. Sponsors and donors will be recognized at all our events, on our websites and throughout the community in flyers, banners and advertising!
Old 03-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks everyone who has responded here in the last couple weeks. This Sunday afternoon around 1pm, I am going to plan on going up to the track if the weather holds out. Please plan on coming out if you can. I am going to plan on removing the tubes and getting the driver stand area ready to start building. We will be changing the layout of the track so if you want to have some input on the layout, plan on being out there. The race season is almost here and I want to have things rolling to give everyone enough time to get some practice in and to also leave enough time to fine tune things. We can always use an extra hand at the track. If you have lumber, skid steer or loader or anything you can donate or borrow to us, it would be greatly appreciated!! We will be involved in a lot of community activities so we want to make sure we have our facility in order and presentable for a favorable perception from visitors. We are starting to schedule fundraiser with local organization to help them raise money for several causes. This is a GREAT opportunity to help out our community and to gain exposure for our hobby! B I believe this will help in the success and growth of our local track and our hobby. I want to do all we can to ensure this track succeeds! If you know of any local businesses that would like to sponsor, donate or would like to participate in a race day event, please pm me or email me at our site. Sponsors and donors will be recognized at all our events, on our websites and throughout the community in flyers, banners and advertising!

what track are you plan on working on? and where is the drivers stand going to be placed?..I have to be somewhere on sunday @ 3pm so I probally will not make it out there...but I also do not want the 5thscale track all tore to hell either

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.