Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SHEBOYGAN, WI --- NEW TRACK

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

We can work on both of them! We are going to put the stand between the two tracks so we can utilize on stand with the drivers and with the scoring system. Both tracks need lots of work and improvements if they are going to be desirable tracks to race on! There will be plenty of track work days coming up for the reason that racing is right around the corner and the tracks need lots of attention before they are ready!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whiteknucklerc
We can work on both of them! We are going to put the stand between the two tracks so we can utilize on stand with the drivers and with the scoring system. Both tracks need lots of work and improvements if they are going to be desirable tracks to race on! There will be plenty of track work days coming up for the reason that racing is right around the corner and the tracks need lots of attention before they are ready!
so,do you plan on changing the layout of the 5th scale track?what is your game plan here?I've already started a new section on the 5thscale track as a "option section"....and where is the drivers stand going to be placed in coloration in with the tabletop jump etc? PLEASE CALL ME>>>>>>
Old 03-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Questions?? working on the track?

So did anyone go out to the track today?I could not get out there since i had to go to my parents house, it was their anniversary today...
Old 03-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (80%+)

I have been out at bark river track it its in good shape been running the nitro on the track but will be racing mod short course this summer there
Old 03-26-2010, 12:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

What up.. ive been gone all winter.. springs here!! When is start day for running.. Anyone know yet what the fees are gonna be..
Old 03-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool, I was just at S&N Trackside yesterday for the Saturday Night Fever races, and someone mentioned a new track in Sheboygan so I had to check it out. I live in Howards Grove, I will probably stop by some time this week. and see what's up. If you need any help, I'd be interested. Let me know.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Rookie

I just went to survey the track today. Needs LOTS of work. I noticed by your schedule that your goin to be working on the track saturday April 10th. What time do you intend on being there? I might be able to help with some equipment. I was also wondering if you intend on having a sportsman class? My son and I both race 10th scale truck I normally race stock truck but he would be more comfortable in a sportsman class.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Iron Bob
I just went to survey the track today. Needs LOTS of work. I noticed by your schedule that your goin to be working on the track saturday April 10th. What time do you intend on being there? I might be able to help with some equipment. I was also wondering if you intend on having a sportsman class? My son and I both race 10th scale truck I normally race stock truck but he would be more comfortable in a sportsman class.

The 8thscale track needs tons of work..the 5thscale track is pretty ok, we like the jump how they are, we just need to widen some areas, the jumps are perfect for SCT's...I started making an "OPTION" section on the 5th scale tracle at the end of fall, that portion should not take long to finish up..
Old 03-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Have you did much to the 5th scale track sence I was there?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok, that didn't exactly answer my questions. As far as the tracks go, I noticed that most of the track surfaces are made from the top soil. This is fine if you want a soft loamy track. But if you want a fast, hard packed, blue groove track, you need to remove the top soil to get to the red clay below. In either case, to keep standing water from ruining the tracks, it would be wise to bury some drainage basins under the track. I have wood working skills and equipment to build a nice moderator/drivers stand if your willing to supply the materials and a helping hand. My uncle is a general contractor, I know I could probably borrow his compactor. He also has a skid steer and dump truck, but he won't just borrow me those. But I might be able to get him to charge a little less than usual for his time, if your interested.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pitdawg47
Have you did much to the 5th scale track sence I was there?

I started to add new option section to the 5th scale track, and was making some areas "wider" also, and also working on the jumps abit so they wer not as steep..
Old 03-31-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

A few friends and I are going out today to run on the 1/8th scale track, that is if it isn't to torn up. I'm bringing a couple SCT's and a 1/10th truck, another buddy is bringing a 1/10 nitro truck and his brother is bringing his 1/5 scale. I think we'll be at the track around 5:30 or so.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Good night of practice tonight, the track was in excellent shape even though it hadn't been groomed since last year. We had a little bit of everything out there tonight, 2 and 4wd SC trucks, 1/10th nitro and electric trucks, and nitro monster trucks. Like Craig had said, the plan is to build a drivers stand and put it in the middle of the two tracks so the track layout will need to be changed up a little. We also want to add more dirt for some more elevation changes instead of digging down and creating pools. There were two spots on the track that were a little damp and traction in those areas was really good. When we get the watering system worked out this track will definitely be FAST!
Old 04-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Track work

Quick couple of things guys. I will be putting the store up at the track either the end of this week or next week. Track work will begin this weekend. There is a lot of work that needs to be done. Hopefully we will have the same turnout this summer that we did last summer. If anyone has anything they need as far as parts or anything, let me know. I will be placing a couple of orders in the next week to stock up!
Old 04-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Some 5B common breakable parts would nice.. Anything not to kill my day and send me home .. that always sux.. anyone running 5th scale this weekend if it drys up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.