Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SHEBOYGAN, WI --- NEW TRACK

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hndaman1
Insurance was REQUIRED by DAVE @ sheboygan-yamaha, dave/myself went to talk to him today .. he wants some sort of liability insurance out there if like somebody would fall off a driver stand and or get hit by a car..he also want the drivers stand that Craig started to build out of there or taken apart and used for something else.. dave @ sheboygan Yamaha gave me the name/number of his insurance agent to see about liability insurance for the track, waiting for him to call me back..

also sheboygan Yamaha might also be a TRAXXAS dealer this is also good for a club gooing , I'am also looking into (AMA) insurance http://www.modelaircraft.org/.. as you can tell I'am doing all the leg work here.. we plan on turning the front track into a huge track for everyone 1/10th 1/8,and 1/5th with huge lanes..if everything falls into place..

I will post up shortly a meeting time it will be within the next 2 weeks on a sunday.
Thanks for doing all the leg work.. hopefully everything works out well..
Old 03-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pitdawg47
Thanks for doing all the leg work.. hopefully everything works out well..

still working with Dave @ yamaha to get things sorted out before we even try to have a "club meeting " date set..so hang in there people.. we are hoping by the end of this month to have a meeting..
Old 03-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up tenative meeting date

we are planning on having a club meeting on this date MARCH 27th (sunday) around 3:00P.M @ kleme's wagon wheel in howards grove WI.. this is time/location is pending will know by march 15th-16th for sure otherwise I will post another date/ time... if you have any questions feel free to contact me via pm here or via email here also.. I have some contacts from last yr So I will try and text all of those people i have..

Last edited by hndaman1; 03-16-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It'd be cool if you could still keep the track open to the public. I only make it up to the Sheboygan area once or twice a year with my RC stuff. I really liked getting away from the inlaws and turning a couple of laps.

If you guys had a donation box, I'd gladly drop some $$ in there to spend some time driving.

Just a thought.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Red face

Hello its been along time. And its not soon till the track will hopefully will get going again. IM only one person but, i would still be willing to put plenty of time into the track this year. i dont belive i will be able to make the club meeting at klemies wagon wheel,but however i am still a person who wants to get involed in the club. i have a few friends that might find interest in the fun and dedication that goes into an rc track along with the fun of raceing. so i have been talking to plenty and hopefully the club can get more people involved. also i have been looking to upgrade cars and will be selling the truggy i have now so if any one is interested please contact me on my facebook (Brandon Broetzmann). But poor old me wont be able to up grade till i have sold this one. anyway please try to keep in tact with me so i can be a helping hand to the club. also can reach me at my e-mail [email protected] cant wait for the chance to get out and go go go. thanks
Old 03-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Meeting

Is the meeting still on for Sunday at Klemme's??
Old 03-25-2011, 02:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GLeonhard
Is the meeting still on for Sunday at Klemme's??
yes at 3:00 we will see how many peeps show up..
Old 03-25-2011, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

I wouldnt mind helping on this track as it is close to Nick. But we dont race Sundays and a Sunday meeting (except church) dont work either. Chuck
Old 03-25-2011, 05:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcracenut
I wouldnt mind helping on this track as it is close to Nick. But we dont race Sundays and a Sunday meeting (except church) dont work either. Chuck
Sunday meeting is not going to change, we planned it on SUNDAY this way everyone would not PIS AND MOAN that we planned it on a race day that people might be going somewhere else.. we also heard comments that were schelduled too many races LAST yr on the same days (SAT) as other places so we decided to make this yr races on SUNDAYS.. if we cannot get people to participate out there the track will be leveled..
Old 03-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

They werent "pissing and moaning" about scheduling races on Saturdays as much as the irregular arrangement of the races and then those days landing on "big" outdoor races days such as the Nitro Series, Dirt Heavens Cornroast and such. Saturdays are the preferred race days for most people. Each area (30 mile radius) will attract their own people. Traveling mostly only happens on big race days. So if there are tracks that are 40-50 or more miles away that race the same day, it will not effect the count by more than 1-3 racers. But schedule it how the club wants and we will come only on the Saturday schedule.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Abrams, WI (Yes the same town as CJ & John Greaves)

Please post a racing schedule once you get one together. Honestly, my calender is almost full already, but I always like to have more options.

What's the latest on parts availability down there at the track?
Old 03-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Troy_Konitzer
Please post a racing schedule once you get one together. Honestly, my calender is almost full already, but I always like to have more options.

What's the latest on parts availability down there at the track?
we do not have a schedule, right not we are only planning on redoing the track and rebuilding a new driverstand, far as parts there is no parts support here since craig left... The yamaha shop might me a traxxas dealer last we heard? The only racing we might have going on here is the 5thscales since that is what we have the most interest for now and people are asking a track schedule for we plan on changing the name of the track and and starting a new thread also ...
Old 03-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Moving

Everyone look to this thread for news and updates to the track at Sheboyagn Yamaha.

Now that Craig has moved on we thought best at our meeting this past weekend to try a to start fresh.

Here's the link to the new thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...eadership.html

in a few days I'll try to get the admins to close and delete this thread.

Thanks and hope all will get involved, stay involved and try to recruit more people interested in the hobby.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

a

Last edited by GravityJunkie; 04-02-2011 at 06:12 PM.