R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   SHEBOYGAN, WI --- NEW TRACK (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/325721-sheboygan-wi-new-track.html)

whiteknucklerc 09-08-2009 05:36 AM

SHEBOYGAN, WI --- NEW TRACK

Hey, just wanted to get in touch with everyone about the new track. I am planning a couple work days to get things moving here. I could use any help possible. The first day is going to be this Thursday night at around 5. If you have any shovels or wheel barrels, we could use them. Thanks and hope to see everyone out there!! Any heavy equipment would help also!!! :nod:

The track is located behing Sheboygan Yamaha inc in Sheboygan, Wi on 42.

GravityJunkie 09-08-2009 07:38 AM

Sweet. If I was still around in Sheboygan, I'd give you a hand. Is the track going to open to the public. When I get up in the Sheboygan area, I'd love to rip around the track.

whiteknucklerc 09-08-2009 09:23 AM

yes, the track is open to the public. The owners at Sheboygan Yamaha Inc have been very generous to us by offering us a place to put a track. All they request is that people who use the facillities respect their property. Clean up after themselves, dont damage any of the structures or belongings there and that's about it! We are trying to get a race scheduled for sometime in the first week or two in Oct to show off the new track!

GravityJunkie 09-08-2009 01:27 PM

Wow, that's a great deal. I hope it all works out. Post up some pics once it gets far enough along.

Marcos.J 09-08-2009 01:56 PM

I was up in Elkhart Lake from last thursday until yesterday wow great weathe no himidity, I wish I could move up (but i hate the cold :lol:) I'm going back up in a few months , i think i will dust off mr. losi's old 2wd buggy and bring it with me :)

COLE C B4 09-08-2009 02:01 PM

Is it indoor?

team orange 09-09-2009 07:51 AM

What kind of a lap counting system will you be using?

whiteknucklerc 09-09-2009 11:38 AM

The current track we are putting in will be outdoors. Roughly around 180' x 90'. Min of 12-15' lanes. We will also be putting in a separate 1/5 scale track in the same location. We currently have an AMBrc transponder system and use B&B scoring system. Depending on the turnout and interest, changing to scoring pro might come soon. We are playing with options to find locations close to Downtown to host carpet races on weekends or a specified week night during the winter. I have also noticed there are many many places in Sheboygan and around the area that an indoor dirt off-road track is a good possibility! There is the demand in the area and surrounding area's. I would like to get as many people together who are interested in helping or being involved in this. I would like to get an r/c club started also. The more people involved, the faster things move along, the better the racing is and the more successful things will become. Tomorrow at 5 we will be behind Sheboygan Yamaha Inc just north of Walmart at exit 128. Let's all make this happen and make it work!!

team orange 09-09-2009 01:35 PM

Is there going to be a skid steer or tractor there to move most of the dirt? A track that size would definitely benefit from having one.

whiteknucklerc 09-10-2009 05:35 AM

I'm hoping to find one! I'm forking over lots of money as it is to put this track up for everyone to use! So I am hoping other people who plan to utilize and benefit from this track can kick in a little something if they can! If not, a helping hand will work just fine! I do agree, a piece of equipment will def help A LOT!!!! So if anyone has anything........

team orange 09-11-2009 02:42 PM

How did the track work go? How many people showed up to help? Sorry, I couldnt come out yesterday, I had to get my cars ready for this weekend's race at JJ's. I plan on stopping by the Yamaha dealer sometime this weekend to check it out. Post the dates of the times you plan to work on the track next and I will try and make it. It would be good to get a track made this year so that this winter's snow can pack it down for next's springs racing.

team orange 09-14-2009 07:51 AM

Checked out the track yesterday afternoon, it looks like you roughed in the run line with a tractor? Did have plans for where the jumps are going to be? This track is definitely going to be BIG.

old_fart_racing 09-15-2009 10:28 AM

I know its early in the program but do you have any type of classes made up and any rules layed out yet?

TeamFast 09-15-2009 11:30 PM

Is your track in the up going to remain open?

old_fart_racing 09-21-2009 12:22 PM

Just came back from the track, don't look like it's being worked on anymore.Does anyone know what's going on:confused::confused: It sure would be great to have a track back in the sheboygan area to run on again.