Wiki Posts
Search

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by igyrigged
I like it, but do agree it could be improved. I don't understand why people want "standard"? I think adding one more jump on the end and taking off the lip on the second jump would be good. I was also contemplating changing the angle on the little double infront of the dragons back, and it not being a double anymore, or taking it out. The last double before the straight is also too long for some of the sct's, so maybe fill it in to make a table top. I would also like to see some rollers in between the dragons back and the double as I had originally drawn.
That sounds awesome. I thought that the dragons back was nice, but an improvement would be nice to make it a little smoother.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Yes,

the builder decided to move the stairs to the side instead of leaving it on the end, this was done without my knowledge.

The stairs will be located on the 1/8th side of the track,

the reality is this,

during races, etc no one should be walking up/down the stairs during the race anyway, it causes distractions to the drivers, even if they were to come up from the side, it causes a distraction.

During a formal race, the stairs can be blocked at the bottom and two boards can be placed across the top to create a rail creating a spot for a driver to stand.

the stairs are 3 feet wide, the stand is 16 feet long, this will allow for 6 drivers. (2.5 feet per driver)

no one has even set a foot on the stand yet,

I recommend that we work with what we have, if it absolutely will not work, then keep in mind, changes have to be done with minimal impact to the overall stand,

tearing stuff out, cutting the support rails and changing stuff for the sake of changing it unless done right may create safety issues and will cause unnecessary damage/wear to the stand.

It was discussed and decided that the stairs are better located on the up hill or 1/8th side of the track for a few reasons, SAFETY being the biggest and first.

If you can make it out tomorrow before noon, there are things that can be done to prep for the arrival, rocks moved, etc also, 1300 is the late side of the scale, I am hoping to be here areound 1200.

It took 6-8 of us to move the stairs today, most of the heavy lifting will be done by the 10k, but we still need folks with wrenches to fasten the legs, stairs etc quickly.

i hope to see you all tomorrow.

Rob
Old 04-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Remember the stand was built by someone who may not get it....and I'm pretty handy with wood (leave your sick thoughts to yourself) so there could be some movement of stairs after install and inspecition and some "done and forgotten" time.

The 1/8 track is not very driveable right now, I got aggressive with the pick axe, it's still there. I up rooted a bunch of rocks about the size of axelnut's head. I didn't have time to finish clean up, but also leveled out some of the big bumps and raked those out.

What I would like to see on the 1/10 jump is two nice round D cup hills about 3-4 feet high and a slight bit of cleavage that can be rolled through if necessary, but if you have enough speed (not full throttle)you can down side the second. Maybe build the first and use a Slash and see where the second can be moved too.

I am going to stop by the tractor rental near Mc T and see how much for one...

One thing that need to be done besides the track is raking around and in the marshall islands, those rocks keep getting flung around when cars go in, I asked if Robert could pick up some grass seed to throw in there...
Old 04-14-2010, 03:37 AM
Tech Regular

WE HAVE A DRIVERS STAND !!!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bando711
Well they got the name right this time
You're still not on the Team Drivers page!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by crymynal
You're still not on the Team Drivers page!!!

You could look here
http://www.casterracing.com/news/main.php
Old 04-14-2010, 04:18 AM
Tech Adept

Old 04-14-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anybody notice anything different in the 5th pic down?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

I'm the best looking one there...............Anthony has his hair combed........my Losi isn't in the picture..........I'm STAIRING at it but not sure what you are talking about.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Big thanks to Robert for finally getting us a driverstand. But if he hasn't figured it out yet, we are never happy...

I may head up tomorrow and just rent a plate compactor (skid), it's just 1500 yen for all day, in fact anyone else want to get one too?

We could get four of them for Saturday AM, with all this rain should make for good packing.

I'd like to get the small tractor possibly Saturday also, but it would have to be delivered...
Old 04-15-2010, 02:04 AM
Tech Regular

I see it and know exactly what your talking about, Igy. A hint for Ken:

This ____/\ went to this ______.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:07 AM
Tech Addict

Wow! The stand looks awesome fellas! Glad to see the stairs made it to the proper location.

Is it just me, or does the railing look a little tall? Seems like some of the short folks, or kids, may have trouble seeing over it, no? Is it a problem getting close to the railing for those using non 2.4 ghz radios with long antenna's? Just curious.

I hope to be out there this weekend. Just have to sort my off-road cars out, which I'll hopefully be able to do before Sat.

- Paulie
Old 04-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

I see it and know exactly what your talking about, Igy. A hint for Ken:

This ____/\ went to this ______.
I may old but not slow..........I know what he is talking about, let everyone else come check it out for themselves.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bando711
I may old but not slow
Old.....yeah

Slow...you could have fooled me

The only ones coming to check it out are in the picture plus Jon and Robert (The Core)!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

The only ones coming to check it out are in the picture plus Jon and Robert (The Core)!!!!!!!

The sad truth.........at this rate we each pick one class to run, 3 drivers in each...............we all make the podium

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.