Wiki Posts
Search

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YDBD
Big thanks to Robert for finally getting us a driverstand. But if he hasn't figured it out yet, we are never happy...

I may head up tomorrow and just rent a plate compactor (skid), it's just 1500 yen for all day, in fact anyone else want to get one too?

We could get four of them for Saturday AM, with all this rain should make for good packing.

I'd like to get the small tractor possibly Saturday also, but it would have to be delivered...
I thought we were not doing anything to the track this weekend so we could drive. Tomorrow, rain or shine, the rock piles and divots will be gone. If it happens to not be raining, we (you and I) can hit it with plate compactors also. I know Robert is bringing some Japanese guests on for Saturday, and Kenji and Nick are on for Sunday, maybe Saturday.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't want to work on the track, but it needs something. The 1/8 gets the most use and was not prepped and packed enough from the start.

It needs dirt because all the dirt that was not packed is gone.

I'll get the plate compactor this AM till tomorrow and pack where it is possible.

Erin will probably come with me to paint the stand, so if you have some more paint....
Old 04-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Tech Regular

What time are you guys going to "THE HILL" on Saturday. I will be up in the AM but I plan on getting drunk tonite so.........it won't be early. We need put some dirt over the small pipes we buried for the timing system, as well as the other items mentioned above.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Wow - Stand looks great! Unfortunately, I'll be in PME until the middle of May, so my weeks/weekends are going to be busy. While it's no comparison to other's efforts, I'll be happy to contribute to things that need to be purchased for the track (or at least help reimburse folks for things already acquired).

Sadly, no time for the track this weekend...
Old 04-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Stand is awesome. It really helped my driving. The track was awesome. Thanks to everyone this week that made it happen!!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good diff tutorial that includes shimming the diff as well?
Old 04-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crymynal
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good diff tutorial that includes shimming the diff as well?

Here is what i've found for fluids.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...-diff-oil.html
Old 04-18-2010, 02:25 AM
Tech Addict

If you didn't come to the track today, you missed the best day yet! Driverstand was awesome, track was awesome, weather was awesome.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. Bojangles
Here is what i've found for fluids.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...-diff-oil.html
Josh...thanks but that is not what I'm looking for. Anyone else??????
Old 04-18-2010, 02:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what was wrong with yesterday???
Old 04-18-2010, 03:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by igyrigged
If you didn't come to the track today, you missed the best day yet! Driverstand was awesome, track was awesome, weather was awesome.
Yeah, it was awesome! I had a great time...

I'm really digging the 8th scale stuff, but the Slash, even with the VXL brushless system in it, was just so-so. It was fast and all, but not too much fun for some reason. I guess the 8th scale buggies spoiled me, he he he.

I'm thinking about selling the Slash, and maybe getting a Stadium truck to replace it with. I think I like that 2wd format better.

If anyone is intersted in the Slash, let me know...

- Paulie
Old 04-18-2010, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by crymynal
This isn't bad, but as it states it is a feel thing, the down side is after you break them in for a couple of runs you need to pull them and check the shim on the bevel gear. After that it should be worry free for many runs.

http://www.rc411.com/pages/howto.php?howto=35&page=1
Old 04-18-2010, 04:06 AM
Tech Regular

too many of them red and blue cars laying upside down in the middle of the track...........LOL
Old 04-18-2010, 04:20 AM
Tech Addict

To be honest, the track was only as good as it was today, because we ran on it yesterday. The weather was way better today. Last but not least, there was no GIMPY!
Old 04-18-2010, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bando711
This isn't bad, but as it states it is a feel thing, the down side is after you break them in for a couple of runs you need to pull them and check the shim on the bevel gear. After that it should be worry free for many runs.
That is closer to what I was looking for. It pretty much states what I have read else where without the details. Thanks Ken.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.