Like Tree303Likes

Team Scream Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 04:08 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cHckbOY5
I might use my 21.5 for F1 as well, any changes needed or will I just be fine to just drop it in?
It should be fine with the timing where it is.
I would drop a few pinions from where you normally run and go from there.
If you don't have a fan in the F1, I'd put one in.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Just ordered a 25.5 "the 1" to run USVTA and a 21.5 "the 1" for USGT. Will be running mainly on a black CRC carpet track 60-70ft straight, usually a fairly technical layout. Cannot wait to run these motors. Several guys are running them and they are fast. Probably been asked before, but what do you suggest starting points for timing/gearing?
Thank you.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:20 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rusch49
Just ordered a 25.5 "the 1" to run USVTA and a 21.5 "the 1" for USGT. Will be running mainly on a black CRC carpet track 60-70ft straight, usually a fairly technical layout. Cannot wait to run these motors. Several guys are running them and they are fast. Probably been asked before, but what do you suggest starting points for timing/gearing?
Thank you.
Start with the timing as it's set.
On 80 to 90' straights with semi technical layouts we go 3.5 to 3.6 in VTA and 3.7 to 3.8 in USGT.
I'd drop a few pinions and start with that.
With smaller more technical layouts adding a few degrees of timing and even dropping more teeth give better rip off of the corners.
If you try moving the timing only go a 1/2 of line at a time and make sure you drop a pinion each time.
Watch motor temps and fade. Make sure you have good fans in the cars
Old 04-11-2017, 07:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sg1
Start with the timing as it's set.
On 80 to 90' straights with semi technical layouts we go 3.5 to 3.6 in VTA and 3.7 to 3.8 in USGT.
I'd drop a few pinions and start with that.
With smaller more technical layouts adding a few degrees of timing and even dropping more teeth give better rip off of the corners.
If you try moving the timing only go a 1/2 of line at a time and make sure you drop a pinion each time.
Watch motor temps and fade. Make sure you have good fans in the cars

Thank you for the fast reply. I'll give that a try. Looking forward to getting these motors.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:38 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Edit...great motors!

Last edited by JAE; 04-14-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:03 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
Do the new batch of tsr "the one" motors come with the same small printout and handwritten numbers? I ordered two new motors and these came with a motolyser printout and a sticker with the numbers. They look almost identical in make which is confusing because I only ordered one "the 1" and the other is standard. However they look identical and I'm trying to determine if I got two "1's" by accident or two regular motors by accident. Thx
I thought the printout come with the "One" only
Old 04-14-2017, 12:32 AM
JAE
Tech Master

Anyone here running off-road? Got my 2nd tsr. Never played with thr timing on the first. Was still a rocket only coming off at 120 degrees with a fan. Wonder if there s room there for more timing

Checked my new motor. Set at 44 timing and pulling only 3 amps. Numbers don't be look great on skyrc motor analyzer but I'm sure that is of little value not having any load. I'm not complaining. Have had several of the latest crop of motors and my experience is tsr is on another level. Just want to find the sweet spot for off-road.

Is there a general amount of amps this motor likes to pull in 2s? Running 17.5 stock blinky in medium sized track (20 second laps). Thanks all!!

Last edited by JAE; 04-14-2017 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
Anyone here running off-road? Got my 2nd tsr. Never played with thr timing on the first. Was still a rocket only coming off at 120 degrees with a fan. Wonder if there s room there for more timing

Checked my new motor. Set at 44 timing and pulling only 3 amps. Numbers don't be look great on skyrc motor analyzer but I'm sure that is of little value not having any load. I'm not complaining. Have had several of the latest crop of motors and my experience is tsr is on another level. Just want to find the sweet spot for off-road.

Is there a general amount of amps this motor likes to pull in 2s? Running 17.5 stock blinky in medium sized track (20 second laps). Thanks all!!

I run Stadium truck (t5M) I run a fan & timing right at 50, my truck FLies I honestly never temp it but in 7 min mains it doesnt fade
Old 04-14-2017, 04:19 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAE

I just talked with John, It was your lucky day... you got 2 "The 1" motors by mistake

As for timing and gearing and amp draw....

I'm not an amp draw kind of guy...lol... There are too many variables that will effect what the motor draws.

If you are at 44*, try going 1* more. I really think you are close to the spot where the motor wants to be. Getting a motor to 140 or 160* doesn't always mean it was faster, it just got hotter...lol.. And chances are it's gonna loose bottom end and fade.

You could try leaving the timing and go up 1 pinion, then try down 1 pinion from where you are. If you are overgeared the motor isn't working in the RPM range and will come off cooler. You may see a pinion lower and the car is faster and gains 10* in temp.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:16 AM
JAE
Tech Master

Awesome-thanks for the mistake!!!was just curious as I'm running 2s and the motolyser amp draw I think is a 1s reading so didn't know if there is an adjustment to be made when running 2s off-road. I'll try it where it is not touching it. If it's anything like my other tsr it will be a rocket
Originally Posted by sg1
I just talked with John, It was your lucky day... you got 2 "The 1" motors by mistake

As for timing and gearing and amp draw....

I'm not an amp draw kind of guy...lol... There are too many variables that will effect what the motor draws.

If you are at 44*, try going 1* more. I really think you are close to the spot where the motor wants to be. Getting a motor to 140 or 160* doesn't always mean it was faster, it just got hotter...lol.. And chances are it's gonna loose bottom end and fade.

You could try leaving the timing and go up 1 pinion, then try down 1 pinion from where you are. If you are overgeared the motor isn't working in the RPM range and will come off cooler. You may see a pinion lower and the car is faster and gains 10* in temp.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Wanted to say a huge thanks to John and Wayne for such awesome customer support and offering such great products!
TOM MAR likes this.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anybody know where I should set the timing for a TSR the One 13.5 for a Mudboss. I emailed John but I haven't heard back from him yet. I had the motor built for 13.5 spec car. But ive decided to run it in a mudboss. He said all it would need was a timing change. But he didn't say what it should be for a mudboss.

Hopefully he'll get back to me soon. I have a points race to attend Wednesday.

Nik
Old 04-17-2017, 08:06 PM
Tech Rookie

On a side note. I can't Thank John and Team Scream enough for the awesome motor he built for me. For my 17.5 Super Truck.

I finally got to run it last night and I broke the track record 3 times with it!!! I was 5 laps ahead of the second place finisher in the A main!. The motor is wicked fast and took some getting used to because it was so fast. It was like driving a different car.

I ran a 4.47 in the first heat. A 4.46 in the second heat and TQ'd. And ran a 4.43 in the A main! The next fastest lap in my class from the second place finisher was a 4.63 i think. So I'm dominating with your motor to say the least!

I ran 53 laps in a 4 minute 'A' main. The second place finisher ran 48 laps.

Nikolas Cook
Old 04-18-2017, 04:25 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nikolas812
Does anybody know where I should set the timing for a TSR the One 13.5 for a Mudboss. I emailed John but I haven't heard back from him yet. I had the motor built for 13.5 spec car. But ive decided to run it in a mudboss. He said all it would need was a timing change. But he didn't say what it should be for a mudboss.

Hopefully he'll get back to me soon. I have a points race to attend Wednesday.

Nik
If you have a motolyser set it up for 38* and have a good fan on it
Old 04-18-2017, 06:20 AM
Tech Rookie

No fan allowed in Mudboss. But we'll get it figured out.

Nik

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.