Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree303Likes

Team Scream Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by davidl
John, received my order last Friday and ran it that night. Thanks for all your efforts to fill my request. ....................Oh, yes, I did win the race.
I may be visiting Indy later this year, where and what do you race, if you don't mind saying?
Old 03-01-2017, 06:28 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Perhaps since some of you guys seem to think its so easy to get stuff from a manufacture in China just go ahead and do a motor yourself from the ground up, pay the tooling and do all the R&D testing on your on and then bring it to market and see how well you hold up to the pressure and demand.

Anyone at my local track that wanted a motor simply went to the site, placed the order and BAM in a couple weeks their motors showed up! Simple how it worked. The only people I have seen complain they cant get a motor is someone who wants one Today or tomorrow. That simply doesn't happen with the hot motor. Cant get a Motiv or a Trinity Monster HP motor. But same with them...Place your backorder and BAM they magically appear a couple weeks later.

At the snowbirds (700ish entries in onroad and oval) I don't know a SINGLE person that wanted a motor that didn't have them. If you ordered like stated and didn't wait till the last minute you had a motor. And John sat at the track across from me nearly 20 hours a day and built motors for people who had them on back order and picked them up at the race plus had them in the shop for sale.

Bottom line is if you don't have a scream motor by now its because you are too lazy and or picky to order one from their site and wait like every single other person has done.

EA
Old 03-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Amen EA
Old 03-01-2017, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Lol you broke the internet with that post EA! Love it
Old 03-01-2017, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Great post EA
Old 03-01-2017, 07:38 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Agree with EA. I have ordered two 17.5 the one in about a two month timeframe and got both in about 3wks. In addition, I drove over to the Birds race on Friday of the event, spoke to John awhile about my specific application, then bought a 21.5 right off his table. These guys are working hard!
Old 03-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

I was pitted across from John at Cleveland, 20 hours a day building motors the entire weekend. He missed half of his races either building motors or answering questions from people. Hes a class act and a good guy with a full time job and puts his family first.
Mart42 likes this.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sg1
I guess that's one way of looking at it.

At this point in time I don't think many motor manufacturers would be approved, everyone is waiting on shipments.

That would be something to see...

Imagine brand "X" being out of stock, so you go to the track with your brand "X" motor and be told it's not approved this week you can't run it.
Then the following week you have a brand "B" motor in and are told that's not approved this week also. Where would it end...
Exactly this is not the only motor that is out of stock

Originally Posted by nexxus
I think in fairness Roar needs to make a determination when the motor is there for approval and it would be monitored. If a motor supplier is continually out of stock the initial hype would dissipate as racers find other options. It doesn't matter how good a motor is, if a racer can't get it, then it's useless. No motor = no race wins, no matter how good it is, these cars don't run on perpetual motion!
That's pretty dumb if you don't want to wait buy a different motor there are others out there

Originally Posted by JC@TSCM
I would like to fill in the blanks on this matter. I always have motors in stock, orders come in every 2 to 3 weeks. Practically every RC racer wants these motors. I will work on back orders as soon as motors come in when I get home from work until I go to bed! While I am filling back orders, a ton more orders come in and I repeat the same process over and over. I feel keeping the site on Back Order is better than saying IN STOCK because of how many orders come in and the wait times. If you want a motor, you need to back order one to get in line like every other racer is doing. I'm doing my best to get them out with in 2 weeks form the time you place the order.

The China New Year break added 2 weeks to the order times. The factory took a longer break than they normally do and just came back to work last week. I will see my order this Monday and then another one last week of March and another one mid April.

If I put IN STOCK on the site, customers expect it in 2 days and that is not the honest thing to do. The only fair thing to do is be up front and tell them the wait time which I have posted on the home page, place the back order to get in line, wait patiently for your order.

Everyone feel free to chime in on this and let me know if I can do it better!!!
That's about as good as you could do I had to wait for motor but worth the wait but it wasn't an unreasonable wait considering demand and I have a couple waiting on another
Old 03-02-2017, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

I've been racing RC since '79 or '80, my original ROAR number was 9160. The motor rule was not intended to guarantee that anyone could buy any motor they wanted at any time. It was intended to prevent Manufacturers from building handmade, custom prototype motors for the Famous Factory Bucks Pros; motors that would never be sold to the public. The original rules were very specific, it had to be an Igarashi silver can motor with original magnets and brushes and could not cost more than $50. Other manufacturers complained and the rules were changed to allow many different types and prices increased accordingly. The current rule is meant to guarantee that a minimum number of racers will have the opportunity to purchase an approved motor. That's what Team Scream provides, the opportunity to purchase a quality motor at a fair price. You don't have to be a Pro, you don't have to run a certain brand of car, you don't need to know the secret password. Go to the website, pick your wind, pay the fee and you will get your motor. Maybe not tomorrow, but you're buying a hand tuned, semi custom product, not a random motor plucked out of a case of 50 or 100 or 500. All perfectly within the spirit of the ROAR rules.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eddie_E
Thanks, this is good to know. I was running 39 and 41/96 on Sunday and it felt over geared. I must have another issue in my setup. Our straight is only 60' though. Is it normal on "the One" to get a little play at the solder tabs?
Yes.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JC@TSCM
I would like to fill in the blanks on this matter. I always have motors in stock, orders come in every 2 to 3 weeks. Practically every RC racer wants these motors. I will work on back orders as soon as motors come in when I get home from work until I go to bed! While I am filling back orders, a ton more orders come in and I repeat the same process over and over. I feel keeping the site on Back Order is better than saying IN STOCK because of how many orders come in and the wait times. If you want a motor, you need to back order one to get in line like every other racer is doing. I'm doing my best to get them out with in 2 weeks form the time you place the order.

The China New Year break added 2 weeks to the order times. The factory took a longer break than they normally do and just came back to work last week. I will see my order this Monday and then another one last week of March and another one mid April.

If I put IN STOCK on the site, customers expect it in 2 days and that is not the honest thing to do. The only fair thing to do is be up front and tell them the wait time which I have posted on the home page, place the back order to get in line, wait patiently for your order.

Everyone feel free to chime in on this and let me know if I can do it better!!!

I personally just purchased my first TSR motor. I like the fact it is a small company and the attention to every motor and he builds and tunes for specific classes. I think ROAR should tighten restrictions on SPEC motors but also should allow for a small company to be able to share with the larger corporations. Racers supporting racers is how this should work. I know it will be 2-4 weeks when I place the order and it is fair across the board so do not understand all the bashing of TSR. I just want to say Thank You for the dedication to the support and dedication of the sport.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Perhaps since some of you guys seem to think its so easy to get stuff from a manufacture in China just go ahead and do a motor yourself from the ground up, pay the tooling and do all the R&D testing on your on and then bring it to market and see how well you hold up to the pressure and demand.

Anyone at my local track that wanted a motor simply went to the site, placed the order and BAM in a couple weeks their motors showed up! Simple how it worked. The only people I have seen complain they cant get a motor is someone who wants one Today or tomorrow. That simply doesn't happen with the hot motor. Cant get a Motiv or a Trinity Monster HP motor. But same with them...Place your backorder and BAM they magically appear a couple weeks later.

At the snowbirds (700ish entries in onroad and oval) I don't know a SINGLE person that wanted a motor that didn't have them. If you ordered like stated and didn't wait till the last minute you had a motor. And John sat at the track across from me nearly 20 hours a day and built motors for people who had them on back order and picked them up at the race plus had them in the shop for sale.

Bottom line is if you don't have a scream motor by now its because you are too lazy and or picky to order one from their site and wait like every single other person has done.

EA
Don't agree, you basically blamed the consumer
Old 03-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

He's not blaming the consumer. I've followed this thread for some time and have two of the 1 motors. A continual problem is people are complaining about the wait time. Then they get impatient and post," I ordered my motor on this date and need it for a race in a week or whatever." It gets old. Plus it puts a strain on John as he cares about the product and I'm sure the badgering about wait times drains him. I wouldn't be surprised if he just stopped making motors due to the lack of appreciation. Don't forget he does this as a side business and has constraints to deal with as well.
MontanaMaxx likes this.

Last edited by Chris Brown; 03-02-2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 03-02-2017, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
So if a factory can only make 300 motors a month that get sent to 3 different companies and each company is selling more than they can receive but theirs no other manufacturers capable of building these designs as specified... You all have known demand for this motor was high months ago ...so why the sudden rush ? I got it ...tax time is burinig a hole in CONSUMERS. Pockets so demand has doubled for a short time ... Just like when grocery stores run out of milk and bread during storms lol you just can't get it fast enough to keep up with demand . lol
Old 03-02-2017, 01:30 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
I blame the customer's who don't have one for not ordering one and waiting a couple weeks like everyone else yes.

It would be like me wanting to buy a new Corvette when they came out but getting pissed at the dealer they couldn't sell me one because they were all already sold from people who ORDERED them.

EA.

And for the record I have nothing to do with TSR. Everything I posted has just been my opinion and observation. And btw Ive got 6 TSR motors. And guess what I ordered them and got them just like others.
Xpress, RacinJ, Serzoni and 4 others like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.