Like Tree303Likes

Team Scream Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 04:29 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MontanaMaxx
The 25.5 didn't change most likely due to the stricter regulations from roar on this class of motor
The can and stator changed with the new version motors.

The 25.5 would be way too low of resistance for the ROAR rules if we were to wind it with the new design stator.

The cut outs in the can are something we could look at to try to draw some heat out of the motor.
MontanaMaxx likes this.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:34 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Given that TSR motors aren't actually available anywhere except back orders direct through the TSR website, how does this requirement fit with the ROAR approval status? We're in a situation that this clause was supposed to address, where a motor with a competitive advantage isn't actually available to everyone.
It does suck that nobody has them in stock right now, but at the time of approval and up until the Chinese New Year there were 6 different hobby shops with them in stock.

Genesis R/C typically has the largest quantity of them. CRC raceway had them along with NORCAR and Greenville and a few places on the East coast.

Right now we are in a waiting game with the manufacture.. along with all the other R/C manufacturers. The Chinese New Year was over 3 weeks long and everything was shut down, backorders have been piling up, and we won't see motors till the end of the week.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sg1
It does suck that nobody has them in stock right now, but at the time of approval and up until the Chinese New Year there were 6 different hobby shops with them in stock.

Genesis R/C typically has the largest quantity of them. CRC raceway had them along with NORCAR and Greenville and a few places on the East coast.

Right now we are in a waiting game with the manufacture.. along with all the other R/C manufacturers. The Chinese New Year was over 3 weeks long and everything was shut down, backorders have been piling up, and we won't see motors till the end of the week.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hyper Hobbies seems to have 2 17.5 1.0 the "1" for sale according to the stock status for anyone looking.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sg1
The can and stator changed with the new version motors.

The 25.5 would be way too low of resistance for the ROAR rules if we were to wind it with the new design stator.

The cut outs in the can are something we could look at to try to draw some heat out of the motor.

First off thank you for the quick reply.l why would the resistance matter if I was running TC and not VTA?
Old 02-27-2017, 09:56 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
First off thank you for the quick reply.l why would the resistance matter if I was running TC and not VTA?
With 25.5 TC all the tracks I have dealt with still follow the 25.5 resistance number.

They do allow the 12.5 rotors.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Got my TSR 17.5 for WGT-R racing. Any gearing suggestions for a 48 x 96 carpet track?

Bill
Old 02-28-2017, 06:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sg1

Realistically as the availability is no longer in line with the requirements of Roar, should the Roar approval therefore be revoked until you guys have your house in order?
Old 02-28-2017, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
Realistically as the availability is no longer in line with the requirements of Roar, should the Roar approval therefore be revoked until you guys have your house in order?
What about other brands that are out of stock? As has been stated it's bad timing for the high demand as manufacturers close for almost a month of no production its not only team scream motors that have this problem. I had no problem getting mine but I didn't wait till a couple weeks before the biggest race in the world to get them
Old 02-28-2017, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

So you buy a motor one week. Then can't run it 2 weeks later because they are out of stock. So you have to buy another brand just to race. Then they are out of stock so they are revoked. That makes no sense at all. Besides, that's not what the rules/approval process states.
MontanaMaxx likes this.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
So you buy a motor one week. Then can't run it 2 weeks later because they are out of stock. So you have to buy another brand just to race. Then they are out of stock so they are revoked. That makes no sense at all. Besides, that's not what the rules/approval process states.
Temporary stock shortages definitely shouldn't be grounds for revocation. However if it's perpetually short on stock, one could argue it's against the spirit of the current ROAR requirement. There's currently no such rule that actually enables such a revocation under those grounds though, and such a rule would penalise racers who bought the motor. A penalty requiring a higher initial production run for the next motor submitted for approval by that company might make more sense.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yep and in this case, it's not a temporary stock shortage but rather something that's been ongoing for some time now, in which case i would argue, as gigaplex pointed out, that it is against the spirit of the roar requirement.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:21 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Got my TSR 17.5 for WGT-R racing. Any gearing suggestions for a 48 x 96 carpet track?

Bill
Timing wise I would think around 40* and try going 96-48 range to start.
Check motor temp and fade and adjust from there.

Typically on larger tracks the 38 to 40* range with more pinion works best.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:30 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

I guess that's one way of looking at it.

At this point in time I don't think many motor manufacturers would be approved, everyone is waiting on shipments.

That would be something to see...

Imagine brand "X" being out of stock, so you go to the track with your brand "X" motor and be told it's not approved this week you can't run it.
Then the following week you have a brand "B" motor in and are told that's not approved this week also. Where would it end...
MontanaMaxx likes this.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I think in fairness Roar needs to make a determination when the motor is there for approval and it would be monitored. If a motor supplier is continually out of stock the initial hype would dissipate as racers find other options. It doesn't matter how good a motor is, if a racer can't get it, then it's useless. No motor = no race wins, no matter how good it is, these cars don't run on perpetual motion!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.